FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Ty park/ ty lizards FL (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605338)

AppEcto 02-15-2017 11:20 AM

I have no idea why people are suggesting she should have provided her shipping address when he said he would send a tegu from an undisclosed source without pictures. That wasn't the original deal and she was under no obligation to accept mystery tegu from mystery breeder that might look awful for all we know.

You seem to be suggesting that she could have received it and then made a stink about being unsatisfied at that point and it would somehow be better than the current scenario. That makes no sense. If she thought she might receive something she didn't expect to be fully satisfied with, why is it unreasonable to ask for pictures, breeder information, etc BEFORE he shipped to avoid that? How do you think things would be better if she had an unwanted tegu that he refused to replace? If he's unreasonable enough to avoid simple questions before shipping, why would he be reasonable enough to work with her after sending a generic tegu from a mystery source if she didn't want it?

Whether you won a contest, purchased an animal, sent one in a trade-it doesn't matter. When someone owes you an animal and is preparing to ship, there's no reason to avoid answering simple, relevant questions that potentially avoid a conflict or dissatisfaction with what is delivered. Any reasonable person will try to head that off in advance while it's easier to resolve. In this case, he pressured her to accept whatever he shipped quickly without addressing her concerns beforehand, which is no recipe for a successful transaction. No amount of splitting hairs over the details is going to change the fact that what he did was wrong and her refusal to blindly accept whatever he was willing to offer was NOT wrong.

Sure he says he was going to send a "purple" tegu now, but he's already proven himself to be a liar in this very thread, so there's no sense in taking him at his word on this claim. That may very well just be posturing after the fact to look like less of a jerk for the way he handled this situation...which in my opinion doesn't work even if the claim is true.

Or if you still believe he is an honest, upstanding guy, why did he tell her no when she asked for a "purple" if he was going to send her one per his later claim? Either he answered her honestly about his refusal to send one when she asked and lied about it later, or he lied to her originally when she asked. Either way, we know he lied about it (among other things) in this thread because at different points he gave different answers. Why defend the guy who has conclusively proven he's lied about this situation?

NathanKS 02-15-2017 11:32 AM

Casey,

Would you accept an animal into your facility if you did not know its history or seen a picture?

Casey Hulse 02-15-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NathanKS (Post 1980583)
Casey,

Would you accept an animal into your facility if you did not know its history or seen a picture?

It would depend on the circumstances. They would be quarantined regardless.

Casey Hulse 02-15-2017 11:51 AM

Y
Quote:

ou seem to be suggesting that she could have received it and then made a stink about being unsatisfied at that point and it would somehow be better than the current scenario. That makes no sense. If she thought she might receive something she didn't expect to be fully satisfied with, why is it unreasonable to ask for pictures, breeder information, etc BEFORE he shipped to avoid that? How do you think things would be better if she had an unwanted tegu that he refused to replace? If he's unreasonable enough to avoid simple questions before shipping, why would he be reasonable enough to work with her after sending a generic tegu from a mystery source if she didn't want it?
This is why
Quote:

​​
8/16, 6:38pm

Ty Park
Again u are getting nothing from me going forward except one baby albino tegu that will grow up to look like the on in the raffle photo. This is my last communication. If u want the tegu, send me the shipping info if not, I'll run another give away for charity. U are a thankless person. I gain nothing from this and donating two albino for a good cause

Quote:

Sure he says he was going to send a "purple" tegu now, but he's already proven himself to be a liar in this very thread, so there's no sense in taking him at his word on this claim. That may very well just be posturing after the fact to look like less of a jerk for the way he handled this situation...which in my opinion doesn't work even if the claim is true.
August 16th, before this thread was started
​​

Quote:

8/16, 6:23pm

Ty Park
It's called purple tegu. Purple tegu is albino tegu.

​​

AllisonLeigh 02-15-2017 12:26 PM

He clearly stated TO HER that he had no intention to give her one of the purples as they were more valuable. His statement to you that he decided to, and just hadn't communicated it with her, is absolutely a lie as far as I am concerned.

Also, as far as accepting the tegu and dealing with it after the fact, that would have been a very stupid thing to do as Ty would have clear documentation that he sent her a tegu and the fact that most judges don't value the genetics the same way we would, would mean he had proof he "fulfilled his end of the deal" even though he wouldn't have.

This idea that she should have been nice because he was becoming annoyed with her is absolute garbage. Sure it might have been EASIER, but that doesn't at all apply or remove blame as far as I am concerned. Are you telling me that in his long, successful career in real estate he has never been annoyed with someone? Or if he did, he would negate on a contract? That's lunacy. This is business, not friendship. The only thing you have to like is my money, and once you like (ie accept) that, then you don't get to change the terms because I ask reasonable questions (maybe in a matter you don't like, but oh well... you're an adult, get over it. Or get to know people BEFORE you enter in a contract with them).

We can all speculate how we would have worded our responses, but when it comes down to it the terms of the deal were in black and white and he IS being shady. Her stating so may have offended him, but how about him behaving so offending her?

AppEcto 02-15-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey Hulse (Post 1980589)
This is why
​​

OK, for starters, that quote by Ty does nothing to answer the questions I asked. I'll ask again:

1. If she thought she might receive something she didn't expect to be fully satisfied with, why is it unreasonable to ask for pictures, breeder information, etc BEFORE he shipped to avoid that?
2. How do you think things would be better if she had an unwanted tegu that he refused to replace?
3. If he's unreasonable enough to avoid simple questions before shipping, why would he be reasonable enough to work with her after sending a generic tegu from a mystery source if she didn't want it?

Now, you posted a quote of Ty saying "It's called purple tegu. Purple tegu is albino tegu." That statement is meaningless. We established that Ty has lied about this and you respond with a quote saying that a purple tegu is an albino tegu...how is that relevant to anything I was saying? I never questioned whether or not a purple tegu is an albino tegu.

Casey Hulse 02-15-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurreckon (Post 1980608)
OK, for starters, that quote by Ty does nothing to answer the questions I asked. I'll ask again:

1. If she thought she might receive something she didn't expect to be fully satisfied with, why is it unreasonable to ask for pictures, breeder information, etc BEFORE he shipped to avoid that?
2. How do you think things would be better if she had an unwanted tegu that he refused to replace?
3. If he's unreasonable enough to avoid simple questions before shipping, why would he be reasonable enough to work with her after sending a generic tegu from a mystery source if she didn't want it?

Now, you posted a quote of Ty saying "It's called purple tegu. Purple tegu is albino tegu." That statement is meaningless. We established that Ty has lied about this and you respond with a quote saying that a purple tegu is an albino tegu...how is that relevant to anything I was saying? I never questioned whether or not a purple tegu is an albino tegu.

I will break it down, obviously Ty had a very unfavorable opinion of Michelle, he did not like her ( I am guessing at this) he wanted to be done with her period, so his reply was short and blunt, Michelle did not have to agree to anything, right or wrong ( I believe it was wrong of Ty to treat her this way, but she was informed), she chose not to send her address, and Ty re-raffled it
Quote:

If u want the tegu, send me the shipping info if not, I'll run another give away for charity. U are a thankless person.
Now as far as the "purple tegu" I have no idea if he was going to send one of the more valuable animals, only that when michelle asked for pics etc...he replied
Quote:

It's called purple tegu. Purple tegu is albino tegu.

Casey Hulse 02-15-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

He clearly stated TO HER that he had no intention to give her one of the purples as they were more valuable. His statement to you that he decided to, and just hadn't communicated it with her, is absolutely a lie as far as I am concerned.
Ty did not make any statements to me, all of the copy/paste are quotes Michelle posted from her communication with Ty.

Chris Kennard 02-15-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey Hulse (Post 1980660)
I will break it down, obviously Ty had a very unfavorable opinion of Michelle, he did not like her ( I am guessing at this) he wanted to be done with her period, so his reply was short and blunt, Michelle did not have to agree to anything, right or wrong ( I believe it was wrong of Ty to treat her this way, but she was informed), she chose not to send her address, and Ty re-raffled it
Now as far as the "purple tegu" I have no idea if he was going to send one of the more valuable animals, only that when michelle asked for pics etc...he replied

I have spent years admiring your posts, until now! You've left me scratching my head throughout this whole thread. After this ridiculous post (but she was informed), there is no saving face. You are either desperately trying to do damage control for earlier posts that are flat out biased, or you, in my opinion, have an ulterior motive. Either way, your posts continue to deteriorate one after another.

Sugarhedgie 02-15-2017 05:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey Hulse (Post 1980576)

Michelle, It should have been obvious, Ty was becoming hostile toward you, he clearly did not like your accusations, he said he was sending a purple.
I did not copy every post in context (they are all on the first page) just a few to show the tenor of the dialogue. There were many missteps on both sides, but the problem is Ty had your prize, he had something you desired, you did not have anything for him, so yes, you should have been more polite, as fresno say's, if you had received something you did not want, then you could easily pursue him as you are doing now.
​​

He said no to a purple. He NEVER offered me a purple. He only told his followers on his fb post in oct that he did so I commenter for clarification and he did not respond.
***Deflection**

On #77 he said he decided to send me a purple but did not communicate that to me to see if I was was greedy.
* he should have just told me !! It would have been appropriate and more businesslike.