FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Donald Rollins (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126549)

HowlinGaleDragons 02-11-2009 02:39 PM

Donald Rollins

First off 98% of all communication with this guy was on the phone so I really don't have any emails I can post for everyone to see I have some pictures if requested.

I was on kingsnake and found this guy Donald Rollins selling some beardies cheap I had been considering breeding a few normals to help supply some nice pet stores near by he was asking $75.00 per dragon So I bought two of the better looking girls from him.

It took me a good week to get this guy to ship them keep in mind its winter its cold well when the box came I was horrified to see about 50 holes poked in it, come on its 32-35 degrees out common sense would have helped a lot! I opened the box and it has only two sides insulated with this really cheap thin foam there was a plastic shoe box in it stuffed with shredded news paper I took both girls out, frozen solid and dead and I don't think the one would have made it regardless of being pack right as it was nothing but skin and bone no fat packs or anything I don't even think this guy used real pictures of the dragons. Well I start looking around for the heat packs there was ONE tiny heat pack that would heat no more then my toe! It was so tiny i don't even know what in the world it would be used for.

So I call and tell him they are dead and I am being nice at this point, and he offers me his Rankins now I do know I was taking a risk but I said I'd take them as replacements, for 3 weeks he kept blowing me off on shipping well the past two days where 60 degrees lows of 45 at night and I called him told him to ship it's great weather first day he didn't "Oh I don't want to ship them now" I told him right out HOW to properly pack these dragons and how to ship call again last night telling him to ship again he never called back finally get a hold of him today "OH I don't want them to die I will just sell them at a show" I finally lost it and told him right out he KILLED the dragons shipping because he didn't do one damn thing packing wise right not to mention the girls where skinny, dirty, and god knows what kind of parasite and other medical problems where going on.

He doesn't really seem to care no show of emotion nothing so I am expecting a refund by tonight or I will go after him through my credit card company.

This guy is really bad news please be careful and not deal with him I found another complaint on him on a snake board it said he sold Het Lavender Albinos and the person bred the snakes to a true lavender albino and got all normals so he scammed him lying about the genetics.

*************STOP AND READ FIRST****************

PICTURES BELOW ARE OF THE DEAD FEMALES IF YOU CAN'T TAKE SEEING SOMETHING LIKE THIS PLEASE STOP HERE.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...olddragon2.jpg

NOTE The one female has NO Fat packs on her head her hips where sticking out and her tail had NO fat what so ever on it.

JesseWisecup 02-11-2009 03:00 PM

I find this hard to believe. i have done alot of buisness with donald rollins an he has never ever done me wrong.
Did he garuntee you live arrival?
Cause right now everyone is only hearing your side of the story
theres your side. there is his side. theres a lie an a truth.
is donald aware of this thread?

i just called him an let him know

he said he didnt garuntee live arivall.

MikeCurtin 02-11-2009 03:08 PM

Is this the same "Rollins" that was associated with LAW Reptiles? The name rings a bell. Where was he located? If this is the same guy, I would advise contacting your CC Company ASAP. Good luck.

MikeCurtin 02-11-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseWisecup (Post 674564)

Then what the HELL is he doing shipping live animals?!?!:angry:

Shadera 02-11-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captnemo (Post 674566)
Is this the same "Rollins" that was associated with LAW Reptiles? The name rings a bell. Where was he located? If this is the same guy, I would advise contacting your CC Company ASAP. Good luck.

It's probably a good likelihood. The name is mentioned quite a few times in one of the threads.

Personally, I wouldn't do business with anyone who does business with those thieves and scammers.

MikeCurtin 02-11-2009 03:16 PM

Here's a link...he was going by "Jacob". Does any of the other info match up, Nicole?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ptiles+rollins

HowlinGaleDragons 02-11-2009 03:52 PM

Yes some of that info sounds like Donald Rollins he is from Dayton Ohio has a company called All About Wood there is a big postabout him on Ball-Pythons.net about how he scamed a bunch of people I was getting funky feelings and looked into this found that a few days agoI had a Live Arrival and 24 hour health Guarentee he can deny it all he wants as I have called my Credit Card Company and reported it they are getting my money back. He wouldnt even answer his phone for me 9 times out of 10 I had to call from a different line to get a hold of him.

Shadera 02-11-2009 03:54 PM

The name Donald Rollins comes up a few times in this thread:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...Donald+Rollins

I'm very interested to see if this is the same group.

MikeCurtin 02-11-2009 04:35 PM

You know, I was going to start a thread about this guy a while back when I saw him selling on KS, but I thought it was a different guy and didn't want to drag his name through the mud. It would be nice to have him post here to defend his good name.

OOOOOH, this is going to be fun!

HowlinGaleDragons 02-11-2009 04:39 PM

Here is the post I had found on another forum check it out

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=76642

ReptileJay 02-11-2009 05:02 PM

I highly doubt he'll even reply to the thread... I mean there is an off chance that he will... but if he's a known scumbag, odds are he will just assume it'll be better to ignore it... who knows though... I do agree with it being potentially interesting...

David Scarboro 02-11-2009 07:17 PM

So...

Quote:

I find this hard to believe. i have done alot of buisness with donald rollins an he has never ever done me wrong.

Do you back this guy up? Since you called him, is he going to respond?

JesseWisecup 02-11-2009 07:23 PM

Im not backing him up.
I just gave my opinion. an also said something i think me an you both could agree on

there is a lie. there is a truth. an there is her side an his side. you an everyone else have only heard hers.

an i also said the buisness that i have done with donald has went very well.

I dont think donald will make an account to respond to any of this but he knows its here. thats his deal not mine. i just wanted him to be aware of what is being said.

thanks
jesse

R&TB 02-11-2009 07:41 PM

Is Donald Rollins associated with David Rollins?

The reason I ask is back in October 2008 I was talking to, through email, a David Rollins about a possible trade for a female albino ball for one of my boas. I then received an email from a Donald Rollins regarding the trade and it seemed strange because of the different name, but Donald seemed to know about the trade.
So in the next email that I replied to David I told him about the email from Donald and asked if he was one in the same. Me next email from whoever was something very short along the lines of " she's sold" and nothing else.
I still have a couple of the emails on my computer and I'll try to find more.

Rob Burns

xanaxez 02-11-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R&TB (Post 674640)
Is Donald Rollins associated with David Rollins?

The reason I ask is back in October 2008 I was talking to, through email, a David Rollins about a possible trade for a female albino ball for one of my boas. I then received an email from a Donald Rollins regarding the trade and it seemed strange because of the different name, but Donald seemed to know about the trade.
So in the next email that I replied to David I told him about the email from Donald and asked if he was one in the same. Me next email from whoever was something very short along the lines of " she's sold" and nothing else.
I still have a couple of the emails on my computer and I'll try to find more.

Rob Burns

theres 3 or 4 in the bunch. all are well known scammers on and off of forums along with craigslist and such also. they have several different reptile business names they use and was keeping a big part of the stuff at the shop in miamisburg ohio called all about wood. i live in cincinnati ohio and wont even visit the local show (west carrolton) because all of these set up there and have sold nmumerous sick animals. i have seen it for myself and actually talked to one of them one day when i visited that show once and found out who they were.i have never been back and never will. shows that promote scum and scammers is not one ill spend money on or at. but to answer the question, yes they're all in the same pack. they sell from miamisburg, centerville,west carrollton,dayton and a few other addresses lol

Ed Clark 02-11-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseWisecup (Post 674636)

there is a lie. there is a truth. an there is her side an his side. you an everyone else have only heard hers.

thanks
jesse

Her side has a pic of dead dragons, he is a no show....who would you back now?

Very sorry for your loss Nicole :(

JesseWisecup 02-11-2009 10:48 PM

i wasnt choosing sides mr. clark.

why are you always blowing smoke up my :censored:?

Ed Clark 02-11-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseWisecup (Post 674719)

An open mind will serve you well Grasshopper. :)

ForkedTung 02-11-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

So you've done alot of business with these scumbags. Please tell us Jesse how that went, give us all the details and names. Let's hear your side of the story seeing you were so eager to jump into the fray.

Also reading your posts are at the very least painful and nauseating. Just for fun throw a few caps in there once every sentence and maybe hit the spell check button. It is right below the reply you are now typing and the last one on the right. If you're too lazy to do this then don't post.

MikeCurtin 02-12-2009 01:00 AM

Not every scammer scams all the time. It is possible Jesse dealt with him before knowing who he was. It is also possible that he had positive experiences. He was certainly quick to say that he was NOT backing him up. I think Jesse was trying to be fair without knowing who he was dealing with. I don't think he would come on here and knowingly defend a scammer....don't know him, but sometimes one gets a gut feeling about someone.

Jesse- In all fairness, make sure you read the links posted and try to see if this is the same guy. It may save your butt or someone else's in the future.

bigdogg 02-12-2009 01:17 AM

Jesse also dealt with him in person I am sure. Seeing as Donald Rollins is from Dayton. Then Jesse is from the Cinncinatti/Dayton area. In person and getting animals shipped 2 TOTALLY different things.

Uroboros 02-12-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseWisecup (Post 674719)

I don't know about your past experience with Ed, but this isn't smoke. If this was a court of law, the plaintiff has shown up, the defendant has not. Any divorcee will tell you how that will end.

The shipper poked a bunch of holes in the package before sending it to cold weather with a minimal heat pack?

I won't buy inanimate goods from this guy.

Cat_72 02-12-2009 02:32 AM

Erik is absolutely correct here...the guy caused the death of these poor animals, by the ridiculous and inhumane way he shipped them. His complete negligence caused the death of these poor animals, "live arrival guarantee" or not.

I don't care if it was "in person" or not, anyone who cares that little about the animals he's dealing with shouldn't be dealing in live creatures at all, and certainly isn't someone I would ever consider doing business with.

And if this is that same sybill of a scammer who I think it is....he needs to be stopped. Jesse, if you've done business with this guy in person, you can help.

bigdogg 02-12-2009 03:01 AM

I relize that for sure Cat. This guy should not have done what he did. But didn't want Jesse to get ripped apart too much cause his deal went good with him. See this a lot from the import dealers. As I recall that is what Donald is. In person you can pick out the animals and inspect them thoroughly. Where online you have to trust pictures. That could be old, photoshopped, or edited in some other way.

I am also an Ohioan. I will be sure to stay away from this guy. Even though I haven't seen him at any of the shows I vend on a month to month basis. Only have seen him online a few ads here and there. Sorry to hear you lost the dragons Nicole. Hopefully you get your refund soon. And we can all stay away from Donald in the future.

ForkedTung 02-12-2009 05:22 AM

Ya know Jesse I probably was a little harsh in my last post. So I apologize for that, I have a terrible head cold/ flu and to say I was feeling grumpy would be an understatement ( note to self don't post when ill) Anyway just be careful who you deal with and how far you go to "back" them.
Also, If you really do want people to take you seriously please attempt to clean up your writing style, It is hard to read and the teenage-text-message-lingo looks like well... exactly that. Best of Luck

twh49801 02-12-2009 08:56 AM

i called donald rollins yesterday in response to his KS ad for 1.1 adult pinstripes.these "adults" are (by his estimation) 1.0 750 grams and 0.1 850 grams,when i asked about calling them adults he said "the female only needs to put on 150 grams to breed".

when asked about pics he stated the pics were on his phone and he could send them to my phone but didn't know how to send them to my computer.

he mentioned he had them for about 8 months and i told him i was looking for perfect or nearly perfect stripes and he responded by saying he would look at them and call me right back about there stripes,strange as it seems he never called back,perhaps he was too busy getting ready for his upcoming move he mentioned earlier.

oddly enough his grammar and spelling are like other herpers from the dayton,oh. area.

MikeCurtin 02-12-2009 10:20 AM

Kyle, Cat, and John- That's pretty much where I was going. We shouldn't crucify Jesse for having a good deal or 2 with this guy. Now that he knows what's up, he may be able to help do something about it.

JesseWisecup 02-12-2009 12:44 PM

I would never backup a scammer in my life i think it is wrong by all means an like i said nicole i am sorry for your loss.

i dont want to be the middle man in this i was just saying i have done buisness with donald in person a few times an all went well. they were all healthy animals an had great feeding responses, etc.

i have read the other forums @ bp.net an the ***NVP*** thing. it bums me out because these scammers in my area make it harder for people like me who enjoy the herp keeping to sell there animals. i live in between cincy an dayton. im bordering these scammer hot spots :[

xanaxez 02-12-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseWisecup (Post 674929)
I would never backup a scammer in my life i think it is wrong by all means an like i said nicole i am sorry for your loss.

i dont want to be the middle man in this i was just saying i have done buisness with donald in person a few times an all went well. they were all healthy animals an had great feeding responses, etc.

i have read the other forums @ bp.net an the ***NVP*** thing. it bums me out because these scammers in my area make it harder for people like me who enjoy the herp keeping to sell there animals. i live in between cincy an dayton. im bordering these scammer hot spots :[

Me to jesse, but i guess its a good thing i dont sell reptiles or i would be in the same situation of not being trusted due to living in ohio lol. i dont know how these guys act when buying face to face from them but i do know they run alot of online scams on forums and craigslist. maybe they all learned it from that jason day/jason daily/donald day/donald daily/ guy and what ever else names hes used to sell with but the dayton area is full of known scum and scammers and it hurts alot of others from the ohio area because no one wants to buy from ohioans due to these and a few other rejects in the area scamming people.

ForkedTung 02-12-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xanaxez (Post 675015)
Me to jesse, but i guess its a good thing i dont sell reptiles or i would be in the same situation of not being trusted due to living in ohio lol. i dont know how these guys act when buying face to face from them but i do know they run alot of online scams on forums and craigslist. maybe they all learned it from that jason day/jason daily/donald day/donald daily/ guy and what ever else names hes used to sell with but the dayton area is full of known scum and scammers and it hurts alot of others from the ohio area because no one wants to buy from ohioans due to these and a few other rejects in the area scamming people.

Exactly!

JesseWisecup 02-12-2009 05:32 PM

how do we become fauna good guy certified lol

hhmoore 02-12-2009 05:37 PM

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64249

JesseWisecup 02-12-2009 05:40 PM

:thumbsup: thanks harlad

HowlinGaleDragons 02-15-2009 04:50 PM

Here is some emails from Donald I had on my hot mail still you can see he said right out he guarantee's live arrival also he still has not refunded my $75 shipping for the rankins he would ship also he said shipping was only $45 and charged a lot more I have informed his little 16 year old side kick on here to tell him he has till tonight to refund with confirmation or tomorrow I report him for a second case of fraud which could bring some crazy investigations down on him.

Re: pics - did you ship dragons?‏
Sent: Mon 1/12/09 11:02 PM
To: Nicole Norton (eldiablo302nd@hotmail.com)

937-718-1889

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: donaldleerollins@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 10:24:03 PM
Subject: RE: pics - did you ship dragons?

What's your phone number? I may need you to ship them to my place of work thats why I needed them out today email me your number so I can let you know if they should come to my house or work
I just wanted to make sure they are guaranteed or I will not take them too many people out there causing problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:16:57 -0800
Subject: Re: pics - did you ship dragons?
To: eldiablo302nd@hotmail.com

sorry we had bad wheather here very icey will send them out tomorrow & will contact u with tracking #
And yes I guarantee live arrival on all animals ship along with a 24 hour health guarantee

JesseWisecup 02-15-2009 05:00 PM

Donald May have done something wrong. but it is not fair to me when i just got Aim Messages from Fordgalaxy something or another Trying to drag me into this. then stating i am just as bad as him. then before i could reply they blocked me. does anyone know this person?
i exed out of the ims or i would have posted them. the said for me to call donald an tell him to pay 75 bucks or something if not the irs is gettin invloved. i think thats very unfair for me. this has nothing to do with me an i should be left alone. i never once said i was stickin up for donald. i would never backup a scammer. i am a 16 year old child an this person brings up the irs to me an talkin about how my mom should watch after me better.
:angry::angry:

JesseWisecup 02-15-2009 05:02 PM

this is the :censored: im talkin about Nicole!

fordgalaxy500 (4:40:12 PM): hello
JessexFresh (4:40:18 PM): hello
fordgalaxy500 (4:40:51 PM): Do me a favor tell your so called buddy Donald Rollins if he dosent refund $75 to my banka ccount tonight with a confirmation code I will report him for a second acount of fraud which means he will be invetigates by the IRS
fordgalaxy500 (4:41:42 PM): Oh and he did give live arrival I have the email with it in it so this guy is blowing sunshine up your ass
JessexFresh (4:42:06 PM): Thats not my job. this is not my situation to handle. please leave me out of this i am only a 16 year old child
fordgalaxy500 (4:42:34 PM): then your mom should keep an eye on you because everything you got from him has fake genetics he has been reported for that in over 7 snake boards
fordgalaxy500 (4:43:11 PM): if you can call him to tell him bout the fauna post you can call and tell him he has till tonight other wise I will shut him down for good
JessexFresh (4:50:37 PM): You do what you gotta do. Whatever floats your boat.
JessexFresh (4:50:48 PM): Leave me out of it.
fordgalaxy500 (4:50:49 PM): creeps like him need to be shut down
JessexFresh (4:51:09 PM): Leave me alone
fordgalaxy500 (4:51:20 PM): whatever your as bad as him kid see ya

After this she blocked me

HowlinGaleDragons 02-15-2009 05:06 PM

Nice altered AIM's I bet everyone will like the originals direct from my pc luckily i had not closed my aim yet.

fordgalaxy500 (4:40:51 PM): Do me a favor tell your so called buddy Donald Rollins if he dosent refund $75 to my banka ccount tonight with a confirmation code I will report him for a second acount of fraud which means he will be invetigates by the IRS
fordgalaxy500 (4:41:42 PM): Oh and he did give live arrival I have the email with it in it so this guy is blowing sunshine up your ass
JessexFresh (4:42:06 PM): Thats not my job. this is not my situation to handle. please leave me out of this i am only a 16 year old child
fordgalaxy500 (4:42:34 PM): Then why do you back him up so much? He's the one who won't answer my phone calls so I'm asking you since your such good buddies
fordgalaxy500 (4:43:11 PM): I'd check the genetics on your snakes he is known very well for faking them
fordgalaxy500 (4:50:49 PM): Fine with me
fordgalaxy500 (4:51:20 PM): No problem

JesseWisecup 02-15-2009 05:10 PM

OMG!! no way.

Nicole how are you gonna do that to me this is so unfair.

you went an edited that

you never said no problem

someone
i have the aim thing pulled up

how do i take screen shots

this lady is lying!

she is so lying!!!!

please help me

TERRor 02-15-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseWisecup (Post 676028)
this is the :censored: im talkin about Nicole!

fordgalaxy500 (4:42:34 PM): then your mom should keep an eye on you because everything you got from him has fake genetics he has been reported for that in over 7 snake boards
fordgalaxy500 (4:43:11 PM): if you can call him to tell him bout the fauna post you can call and tell him he has till tonight other wise I will shut him down for good
fordgalaxy500 (4:50:49 PM): creeps like him need to be shut down
fordgalaxy500 (4:51:20 PM): whatever your as bad as him kid see ya

After this she blocked me

This type of crap is ridiculous. You need to report that person to AIM.

I don't care if they did get ripped off, if someone sent that crap to my kid we would have an issue. :angry:

JesseWisecup 02-15-2009 05:13 PM

I have the aim conversation on my screen right now

these are the right times an everything

i would never make this up

i can prove that nicole is actually lying now

then the emails she posted could show that its false to.
maybe donald didnt garuntee live arrival she could have just edited it

i have the aim thing how can i screen shot it to show everyone what a liar nicole is right now

i just want everyone to see what shee is doing!

HELPP!!