FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334633)

Siukie 07-31-2012 01:30 AM

Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, that Vanyard Herps (Bobby Hill) did not send out his 2012 summer tegu hatchlings. I had put a $75 deposit down in early June, he assured me they would hatch the last week of June, in which the rest of the money was due, and they'd ship the last week of July. Well, the last week of June came, and I heard nothing from him, so I sent him an email. I got no reply. So I gave it 2 more weeks, and sent another email. Still no reply. I finally left him a few messages and called, but never got an answer. So it's the end of July, going on August. No work from him in over a month, and i'm out $75.

So i'm just letting you all know, incase you did put a deposit down and have not received your tegu, you probably won't be getting it. I was hoping he could at least be honest and just tell me if the clutch was bad, or didn't hatch as planned. But I never heard back from my emails or phone calls.

This was my first time buying from Bobby Hill, and I can say it will be my last.

hhmoore 07-31-2012 01:56 AM

I pointed it out in your first attempt (in another section), but you still spelled it wrong...
For the sake of the search engines, it is Varnyard Herps.
You might be interested in one of his recent threads, in which he failed to deliver & gave only a fractional refund after a year. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=325109

Fangthane 07-31-2012 01:57 AM

Do you still have any email correspondence, PayPal receipt for your deposit, text messages or anything else to post, that would back up your claims? Not that it's hard to believe he's pulled this stunt AGAIN, but just for posterity's sake.

Sadly, this seems to be a bit of a recurring theme for Bobbie. Piss-poor communication, and not delivering the goods in a timely manner, if at all. For those of you who may have missed it, here's another thread where Bobby screwed a customer, BIG TIME:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...light=varnyard

You may want to add your experiences with him to that thread, also. Gotta wonder if he'll even bother showing up and spouting his drivel in person, this time. We are, after all, a bunch of trolls. Expecting the guy to communicate effectively, provide what was paid for, or give a prompt FULL refund if/when he can't deliver..what a bunch of vicious and unreasonable people we are. :rolleyes_

EA7770 07-31-2012 02:54 AM

Don't people remember the old saying, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch"??? It's the same with herps. Until those eggs turn into live animals, you have no product and really shouldn't be taking people's money. At the very least, set the deposit money aside so you'll have it if a refund is needed. I never spend a customers money until they've received their animal and state that they're happy with it. Saves a lot of problems in the end. Bobby obviously isn't the brightest light on the tree, but you would think that he might at least have some common business sense by now. Apparently not though.

varnyard 07-31-2012 01:10 PM

You never paid the balance, I sent you the PayPal request. You have two names you go by, and the name here is not the one conected to the PayPal account. Please post the emails where you tried to contact me before coming here.

varnyard 07-31-2012 01:11 PM

I have the tegus, but I will not ship unless the balance is paid.

KORBIN5895 07-31-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varnyard (Post 1490034)
You never paid the balance, I sent you the PayPal request. You have two names you go by, and the name here is not the one conected to the PayPal account. Please post the emails where you tried to contact me before coming here.

Hey look everyone! The thief had left his hole?

Are you going try and change your thieving ways this time?

Siukie 07-31-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

I never got any emails from you, I had contacted you in reply to our emails before. I called the number available on your website, I have a phone record to show that. I never received any invoice to put the remaining money down, I can prove that with my Paypal account, there is no record of ever receiving such invoice. I also have record of all the emails I sent you over this month that you never replied too. So if you did actually have the tegu's their was severely lacking communication on the matter. I think you should of sent out emails to your customers letting them know your tegu's had hatched at least. I got no emails from you at all, and you never returned my calls. Even if you claim you have tegu's right now, i'm no longer interested in purchasing a tegu from you, if I could have a refund of my $75 I would appreciate it.

Lucille 07-31-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siukie (Post 1490057)
a refund of my $75

The buyer in this recent bad guy thread devoted to Bobby(http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=325109) received a refund of $500 from Bobby on his payment of $1350 for a tegu, that is 37 cents back on the dollar. Using 'Bobby Math' at 37 cents/dollar you should receive $27.75 back.

Wilomn 07-31-2012 04:09 PM

Bobby, people go through stuff sometimes. Bad decisions, life changing things, stuff no one needs to know about, stuff no one has the right to know about. But, when a good guy, like you, or like I'd like to think you still are, acts as you have been of late, that's bad. Don't be a bad guy Bobby.

I personally know that you know right from wrong. Don't continue down this path you seem to be on, the one that gets you labelled a bad guy. Whatever the reasons, whatever is happening in your personal life, you should make things right with the guy in Ireland, this guy and anyone else that has what seems to be a legitimate complaint about you.

If I can help, you've got my number. Don't be chris estep, or what ever that guy's name from topshelf was, or a greybeal, that was a bad one too. Do the right thing Bobby. Or, failing that, at least let us know why you don't think you should. Honestly, I don't understand this change that you seem to have made. I'd like to see my friend back, not have another bad guy to watch out for.

Siukie 07-31-2012 06:46 PM

He refused me any refund, and claimed I never contacted him at all. I have all original emails saved and Paypal records, as well as my phone records which I can get if need be to post.

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/...m/Untitled.png

Took a screenshot of part of my emails that he received. I had then sent another earlier last week, which I can also post, all of those emails were sent from the email he used to reply to me back in June. I don't think i'm wrong to request a refund. While his TOS might not state refunds unless he is unable to produce the tegu.

To have absolutely no communication with me over this entire month, and then to only talk to me when I start talking about him on the forums. As far as I knew I wasn't getting a tegu from him and assumed my money was gone. So yes, a refund would be the decent thing to do.. in this matter.

Snake-Queen 07-31-2012 06:54 PM

Unfortunately with Bobby, you may have to post your phone records. Black out all but his number, make sure that your number or name shows on the bill. Bobby seems real good at deflecting fault on everyone but himself.

Fangthane 07-31-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Names are irrelevant. If you felt it was an issue that could somehow put your business in jeopardy, you should have just promptly issued a refund and exercised your right to not sell to her. Since you chose to keep the money, obviously it was never a concern for you. so I'm not sure what you're hoping to accomplish by hiding behind what is now a moot point. But go ahead and keep grasping at invisible straws, that's one of the few things you seem to be good at.

Since she's shown that she'd tried to contact you via email, it's your turn. Please post a screen shot of this PayPal invoice you claim to have sent in regards to the remaining balance due on the tegu.

WebSlave 07-31-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siukie (Post 1490247)
Took a screenshot of part of my emails that he received.

Warning: Please provide any screen captures or otherwise graphic evidence via an attachment to your posts. If a third party photo hosting site decides to block public viewing or drop those images from their servers, then the evidence you are providing will then vanish at that time.

Chris Kennard 07-31-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilomn (Post 1490145)
Bobby, people go through stuff sometimes. Bad decisions, life changing things, stuff no one needs to know about, stuff no one has the right to know about. But, when a good guy, like you, or like I'd like to think you still are, acts as you have been of late, that's bad. Don't be a bad guy Bobby.

I personally know that you know right from wrong. Don't continue down this path you seem to be on, the one that gets you labelled a bad guy. Whatever the reasons, whatever is happening in your personal life, you should make things right with the guy in Ireland, this guy and anyone else that has what seems to be a legitimate complaint about you.

If I can help, you've got my number. Don't be chris estep, or what ever that guy's name from topshelf was, or a greybeal, that was a bad one too. Do the right thing Bobby. Or, failing that, at least let us know why you don't think you should. Honestly, I don't understand this change that you seem to have made. I'd like to see my friend back, not have another bad guy to watch out for.

Sounds like a friend of yours Wus. I can go into your history here and point out posts where you would have crucified anyone (likened to your buddy here) with your psuedo-wordsmith BS, if you saw an opportunity to slay a potential dragon, right or wrong. Shame you won't read this post since I am on your ignore list as are the cronies you have commanded to do the same. Anyone here can access the posts where you have pleaded for others here to do the same(ignore me). I don't know what "Greybeal" you speak of here, but the one posting in these threads has added more insight in one day than you have in five years.

Fangthane 07-31-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Kennard (Post 1490339)
Sounds like a friend of yours Wus. I can go into your history here and point out posts where you would have crucified anyone (likened to your buddy here) with your psuedo-wordsmith BS, if you saw an opportunity to slay a potential dragon, right or wrong.

Well, we're all free to go about playing this game as we see fit. Although, I do have to admit to being fairly shocked by the 'kinder, gentler' approach than what seems to be his norm. At first, I thought maybe Pes Wollock had resurfaced and hacked Wes' account. :dgrin:

Quote:

I don't know what "Greybeal" you speak of here, but the one posting in these threads has added more insight in one day than you have in five years.

If that was in reference to me, you give me entirely too much credit.

I'm assuming that the good guys gone bad that Wes was alluding to were Chris Johnson and Matt Graybeal. Just to put this out there: As far as I know, I'm not related to, nor am I associated with Matt Graybeal in any way.

LauraB 07-31-2012 09:56 PM

Chris, I didn't realize this thread was about Wes or you or Dan Greybeal. I'm sure Wes was referring to Matt Greybeal. Always a good idea to just stay on topic, ya know?

Chris Kennard 07-31-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids (Post 1490349)
Well, we're all free to go about playing this game as we see fit. Although, I do have to admit to being fairly shocked by the 'kinder, gentler' approach than what seems to be his norm. At first, I thought maybe Pes Wollock had resurfaced and hacked Wes' account. :dgrin:

If that was in reference to me, you give me entirely too much credit.

I'm assuming that the good guys gone bad that Wes was alluding to were Chris Johnson and Matt Graybeal. Just to put this out there: As far as I know, I'm not related to, nor am I associated with Matt Graybeal in any way.

My apologies for my unresearched assumption. I should have known better than to think he was referring to you, Dan. Seeing as how he has found himself on the wrong side of the fence when suiting his needs, I should recognize his posts for what they are worth, zip. In any case, some good people turn bad, and some bad people turn good. This site has been more instrumental in the latter as far as I can see. Unfortunately, potential assets avoid this site due to some vultures like Wes lurking in the winds. Sad.

Dennis Hultman 07-31-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a friend of yours Wus. I can go into your history here and point out posts where you would have crucified anyone (likened to your buddy here) with your psuedo-wordsmith BS, if you saw an opportunity to slay a potential dragon, right or wrong. Shame you won't read this post since I am on your ignore list as are the cronies you have commanded to do the same. Anyone here can access the posts where you have pleaded for others here to do the same(ignore me). I don't know what "Greybeal" you speak of here, but the one posting in these threads has added more insight in one day than you have in five years.

You done? I suggest that you are. His post was on topic to this thread and yours has absolutely nothing to do with this thread in any remote way. Besides the small part of the post about him not crucifying Bobby the whole post seems to be about you. You aren't the topic here.

Were not going this direction. Don't derail this thread.

Chris Kennard 07-31-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraB (Post 1490352)
Chris, I didn't realize this thread was about Wes or you or Dan Greybeal. I'm sure Wes was referring to Matt Greybeal. Always a good idea to just stay on topic, ya know?

Wow! Good thing you stepped in and straightened me out!!! By the way, your post to me was off topic. Just sayin'. And in case you didn,t recognize, my post was about Wes' ability to "shape-shift" when it suits his agenda. Thus the "crucify" comment. I will now leave this thread alone and leave Wes to command his cronies to attack me, just like old times, leaving him to save face since I am on his ignore list, as should you be. :yesnod: Toodles.

Chris Kennard 07-31-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman (Post 1490359)

You done? I suggest that you are. His post was on topic to this thread and yours has absolutely nothing to do with this thread in any remote way. Besides the small part of the post about him not crucifying Bobby the whole post seems to be about you. You aren't the topic here.

Were not going this direction. Don't derail this thread.

Nuff said. didn't catch it in time. Like I said, I am done.

Crystal Acveedo 08-01-2012 03:13 PM

We are in the same boat as you are. We have called him several time and I have emailed him several time and didnt hear from him any. Then 2days ago we called him and he talkedto us saying they were all sold and wanted us to get a giant tegu but all we now want is our money back from him. Not sure whats going on but this is sure not right

Siukie 08-01-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal Acveedo (Post 1490736)
We are in the same boat as you are. We have called him several time and I have emailed him several time and didnt hear from him any. Then 2days ago we called him and he talkedto us saying they were all sold and wanted us to get a giant tegu but all we now want is our money back from him. Not sure whats going on but this is sure not right

I agree. Even if his TOS doesn't agree to any refunds, his severe lack of communication and all this crap some of his customers are being put through. He should really exercise what it means to be a good business man. He runs a business of his own, breeding reptiles for the public, seems only right that if you screw around with your customers you should offer a refund.

From what i've heard he doesn't even hold up to his word on partial refunds.. so i'm just hoping he can at least refund my money and I will leave it at that.

Fangthane 08-01-2012 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal Acveedo (Post 1490736)

Jesus. Sounds like Ray..um, I mean Bobby strikes again. Just to clarify a bit, are you saying that you put a deposit down on a tegu that he later sold out from under you? If so, what exactly did he say whey you stated you just wanted a refund instead of an alternate species of tegu? Unless he tries to get clever with the interpretation of his own TOS, you're absolutely due a refund since it was his own fault that the animal you put the deposit on wasn't delivered.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Siukie (Post 1490756)
I agree. Even if his TOS doesn't agree to any refunds, his severe lack of communication and all this crap some of his customers are being put through. He should really exercise what it means to be a good business man. He runs a business of his own, breeding reptiles for the public, seems only right that if you screw around with your customers you should offer a refund.

http://www.tegusforsale.com/termsofservice.htm

From what i've heard he doesn't even hold up to his word on partial refunds.. so i'm just hoping he can at least refund my money and I will leave it at that.

As to his TOS, that's not entirely true. According to the screen shot, a refund is due if "no animals are produced". I'm not sure if he was intentionally being shady with the wording, so he could try to slime his way out of situations where he actually produces some animals, just not the one that was originally paid for. At this point, I wouldn't put anything past him. However, by any sensible interpretation of his TOS, he didn't produce (read- To make or yield products or a product) the specific animals that were requested, I don't see any way to rightfully justify withholding the refunds.

Crystal Acveedo 08-02-2012 12:21 PM

We are gioing through the same thing with him right now and someone said he is going throght some money issues. I have eamiled him and called him several times within the last month we were gonna be getting a red tegu but now we just want our money back from this guy. He is just full of himself

Crystal Acveedo 08-02-2012 12:26 PM

He should refund if he sold out all the ones you put a payment on and then trys to sell you one for more money sorry that is not going to happen. He should be a good bussiness man and refund rather than keeping people in the dark like he has been the past month and who knws who else he is doing this to

Fangthane 08-02-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal Acveedo (Post 1491202)
We are gioing through the same thing with him right now and someone said he is going throght some money issues.

Regarding the text in bold: That constitutes an anonymous 3rd part quote. For future reference, either name the person who told you this, or leave that type of information out of your posts.

Quote:

I have eamiled him and called him several times within the last month we were gonna be getting a red tegu but now we just want our money back from this guy. He is just full of himself

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal Acveedo
He should refund if he sold out all the ones you put a payment on and then trys to sell you one for more money sorry that is not going to happen. He should be a good bussiness man and refund rather than keeping people in the dark like he has been the past month and who knws who else he is doing this to

Can you post any emails you may have that show him refusing a refund while insisting that you buy a more expensive tegu than what you'd originally put your deposit on?

I'll guess I'll just never understand the compulsion to do this type of business over the phone. By the time I've been jerked around and/or ignored for any extended period, I'd make it a point to keep ALL communications via an easily recorded and verifiable medium, such as email.

hhmoore 08-02-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

We are gioing through the same thing with him right now and someone said he is going throght some money issues.

You're new to this site, and apparently haven't bothered to familiarize yourself with the rules. Anonymous third party quotations (posting what another person told you, without identifying that person) are not allowed on the BOI. Please name the person that gave you the information...then review the Rules for Posting on the BOI

Crystal Acveedo 08-02-2012 01:48 PM

I have several emails of us trying to contact Bobby Hill. the last time I had spoke to him was 4days ago and thats when he said he had a contrat with germeny and thats why he had sold out of the reds and sadi we can get a giant tegu for 350 and I said no and thats when my boyfriend had called Bobby Hill back to tell him we like a refund back on the deposit. I can post all the emails of me trying to get a hold of him and trying to se what was the deal.

Please send me a good contact phone number.
Thanks, Bobby Hill, Owner,

http://www.varnyard-herps-inc.com/

http://www.tegusforsale.com/

To: varnyard@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: Whats the update on the tegu

its under this email address and its Bob Clark and Crystal Acevedo

-----Original Message-----
To: bladejoey83 <bladejoey83@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Jul 24, 2012 11:28 am

What name and email was it reserved under?

To: Varnyard@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 6:05 PM
Subject: Whats the update on the tegu

We wnated an update on the status of the tegu. I am not sutre if you got our message last week or not have not heard back, Thanks Crystal and Bob

Any word yet on the tegu??

-----Original Message-----
To: bladejoey83 <bladejoey83@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Jul 24, 2012 11:28 am

What name and email was it reserved under?

To: Varnyard@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 6:05 PM
Subject: Whats the update on the tegu

We wnated an update on the status of the tegu. I am not sutre if you got our message last week or not have not heard back, Thanks Crystal and Bob

July 20th
Not sure if you got my email the other day just wanted to find out if
the tegus were hatched yet? Thanks crystal

From

bladejoey83 bladejoey83@aol.comhide details

To
varnyard varnyard@yahoo.com
I just wanted to find out theupdate bout the teug on if they wer hatched as of yet? thanks Crystal

here are just a few but ther eare more time i have been trying to get a hold of him and he would not respond back to me so i have proof

Crystal Acveedo 08-02-2012 01:54 PM

Sorry didnt know about the rules. Wont happen again

hhmoore 08-02-2012 06:29 PM

So...who said Bobby was having money problems? (last chance)

Crystal Acveedo 08-02-2012 06:40 PM

Can't remember who told me but then while we were talking on the phone 4days ago he had mentioned it.

Wilomn 08-02-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal Acveedo (Post 1491373)
Can't remember who told me but then while we were talking on the phone 4days ago he had mentioned it.

How many people have you spoken to about Bobby?

DaveyFig 08-02-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal Acveedo (Post 1491373)

Are you saying that Bobby mentioned it too?

Crystal Acveedo 08-02-2012 10:17 PM

I know where this is leading and on a phone conversation there is no proof of anything unless its recorded,eamil or taped. So no I have no proof on that part. I showed you proof on us trying to contact bobby for a month and calling him. My boyfriend had talked to bobby today telling him we want our money back and Bobby hill said by next week he will send it so we will be waiting on that. My boyfriend already said he will call him by tue if he has not heard from bobby hill. Thast all i am going to say on this matter. In the begining bobby would call us back right away and emails back within minutes or the next day now its been 4days and have not heard from bobby hill.

Wilomn 08-02-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal Acveedo (Post 1491480)
I know where this is leading and on a phone conversation there is no proof of anything unless its recorded,eamil or taped. So no I have no proof on that part. I showed you proof on us trying to contact bobby for a month and calling him. My boyfriend had talked to bobby today telling him we want our money back and Bobby hill said by next week he will send it so we will be waiting on that. My boyfriend already said he will call him by tue if he has not heard from bobby hill. Thast all i am going to say on this matter. In the begining bobby would call us back right away and emails back within minutes or the next day now its been 4days and have not heard from bobby hill.

If you talked to him, or your boyfriend did, then it has not been 4 days since you heard from him.

I know he's looking really bad, but let's not start making stuff up.

Crystal Acveedo 08-02-2012 10:51 PM

How can you say its not been 4days he called him today so yes it has been 4days since last contact with bobby hill. I am not making anything up i have recordd showing that i have sent emails to him and also have called him. Like I said its he say she say and I am cool with that but I have the proof of what we have been dealing with the last month with bobby hill. Ending converation. It will be taken care of in a good manor God bless

Wilomn 08-02-2012 11:30 PM

I think I can maybe see your problem from Bobby's point of view.

Crystal Acveedo 08-02-2012 11:59 PM

I am not saying anymore. God bless and Take care

LauraB 08-04-2012 01:13 AM

Nice try, Wes. Crystal did err in speaking about "money problems" and the 3rd pary info, but the facts remain ... Bobby has taken money from would-be customers and not produced the animals they paid for in advance, nor provided explanations or refunds.

Bobby has not maintained communication with those customers and only partially refunded one customer who (IMO) rightfully deserved a much larger refund and has very little recourse at this point. He was MORE than patient and MORE than civil.

It's easy to trip up someone who is obviously young and with only a few posts here, and who has perhaps spoken out of turn, but the facts speak for themselves. It certainly isn't Bobby's "point of view" that should condone or excuse what boils down to the ugliness of theft ... or at the very least, to make it more palatable, promises not kept, contracts secured by money not fulfilled.