FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Unused forums (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701081)

WebSlave 09-03-2019 12:58 AM

Unused forums

I was taking a look around, taking note of which forums here appear to be abandoned and unused by any of the membership. One I had already warned would be going away if 2 months elapsed without any posts applied to it has already gotten the axe. More will be following.

So use them if you want them here. Otherwise there really is no sense in keeping them around any longer, now is it?

WebSlave 09-03-2019 01:01 PM

The following is a list of forums currently on the chopping block:
  1. The Club Room
  2. Consumer Reports
  3. Shipping
  4. Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum
  5. SOUND OFF!!!
  6. Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment
  7. Member to Member Flea Market
  8. Lonely Hearts Club Forum
  9. Mammals General Discussions
  10. Fish and Aquatics For Sale/Wanted Ads
  11. Fish and Aquatics General Discussions
  12. Flora For Sale/Wanted Ads & Trades
  13. Flora General Discussions
  14. Miscellaneous General Discussions

As more forums pass the 2 month mark without any new participation, they too will reach the chopping block.

Honestly, I am thinking that perhaps this site will eventually just stick to the domain name (FaunaClassifieds) and become a classifieds only website and can all the discussion forums completely. It appears that the classifieds are going to wind up being the only forums utilized anyway.

If nothing else is used nor supported here, why bother?

Lucille 09-03-2019 01:23 PM

Just my two cents, it would be nice if one discussion forum was left open. Through the years there have been posted amazing discussions, really beautiful photographs, and threads where both happy events and disasters have been announced. In a number of instances the community has come together and provided help and donations to replace disaster losses.
It seems to me that those discussing hot button subjects such as religion and politics, have on the whole been remarkably well behaved in discussions here.

AbsoluteApril 09-03-2019 04:09 PM

It was brought up before, what about for the reptile discussion sections, how about just merging them all into one since most are not used very much any longer instead of specifically removing the less used ones?

Just condense all three majors into the one over-all topic:
Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums
Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums
Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums

Even maybe
General Interest Forums into just two: General BS and "Hell"

just a thought

JColt 09-03-2019 06:55 PM

I think a smaller site would be more appealing. Classifieds, General Discussion with 3 or 4 forums, law area.

WebSlave 09-03-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril (Post 2162170)
It was brought up before, what about for the reptile discussion sections, how about just merging them all into one since most are not used very much any longer instead of specifically removing the less used ones?

Just condense all three majors into the one over-all topic:
Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums
Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums
Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums

Even maybe
General Interest Forums into just two: General BS and "Hell"

just a thought

I think it will eventually get that way, but I think I should make the transition gradual, based on lack of use of individual forums. They would be consolidated into other forums, not just have the threads deleted.

For instance I could consolidate all of the colubrids into a forum, as well as all types of boids. That sort of thing.

Likely sooner or later the entire structure will be overhauled in order to make more sense of such consolidations and removal of the number of forums not catching the interest of the membership.

I would prefer treading carefully with something like this so that members who are actively using particular forums don't get slapped in the face regardless of their attempted support.

Of course, as certain as the sun will rise tomorrow, some members will complain about such a consolidation with the claim that one or more topics are dominating the conversations and they have to search through three pages to find the topic animal they are interested in. And requesting "Can we have a separate forum for __________ (fill in the blank)? It is too hard for me to find what I am interested in!"

AbsoluteApril 09-04-2019 01:12 AM

Have you already removed 'Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen' ? Or was it merged somewhere?

WebSlave 09-04-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril (Post 2162262)
Have you already removed 'Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen' ? Or was it merged somewhere?

It was removed. I'll relocated the threads into another forum sometime soon.