FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1058)
-   -   Nikon D7000 (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285924)

KelliH 11-12-2011 08:04 PM

Nikon D7000

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a few shots taken with my D7000. Lens is Nikon NIKKOR 60mm macro, flash is Nikon SB-400, geckos posed on white cardstock.

Criticism and suggestions welcome!

Nickrows 11-13-2011 12:27 PM

Those are some good shots. Would you mind sharing your EXIF data?

WebSlave 11-13-2011 12:36 PM

Actually, those turned out really well. Using a white or black background makes it tough, sometimes, to get a good exposure on the subject, but that worked out really nicely in these shots. :thumbsup:

JudyC 11-13-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliH (Post 1380509)
Here's a few shots taken with my D7000. Lens is Nikon NIKKOR 60mm macro, flash is Nikon SB-400, geckos posed on white cardstock.

Criticism and suggestions welcome!

When I first read this line, my brain somehow interpreted it to say "geckos pasted on white cardstock"...

:eek:

Well, I guess that's one way to keep them in the camera frame. :rofl:

Sorry, no hints for making those better...they're gorgeous pictures!! Excellent work with the invisible paste! :p

deborahbroadus 11-13-2011 03:58 PM

I wondered how the last two animals would look on a black background, they seem a bit washed out with the white...ummm.. but on the whole the current frame is visually pleasing. :)

SirenSanJose 11-13-2011 04:14 PM

Those are some smoking leos!

I'd love to know "how" you're shooting, auto or manual, and if manual, what the settings for these shots were.

KelliH 11-13-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickrows (Post 1380725)
Those are some good shots. Would you mind sharing your EXIF data?

Thanks. I think when I save the photos in Photoshop it erases the Exif data. I shoot in the Aperture-Priority mode. My ISO was set at 1000; white balance was set on Auto-2. The next set I shoot I will leave the exif data and post them in this forum.

KelliH 11-13-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 1380726)
Actually, those turned out really well. Using a white or black background makes it tough, sometimes, to get a good exposure on the subject, but that worked out really nicely in these shots. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I have found that bouncing the flash off the ceiling and using a higher ISO setting makes a difference, with my camera at least. Sometimes I still have to brighten the exposure in Photoshop but for the most part the images come out like I want them to.

KelliH 11-13-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahbroadus (Post 1380805)
I wondered how the last two animals would look on a black background, they seem a bit washed out with the white...ummm.. but on the whole the current frame is visually pleasing. :)

Yes, I haven't quite gotten the exposure thing figured out yet. I think that's the hardest thing for me, getting the image to have perfect exposure. Any suggestions anyone?

KelliH 11-13-2011 04:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's some really close up eye shots I took awhile back. I love photographing my geckos. None of my leo breeder close friends enjoy this; they always bitch about having to take pictures for their websites and available pages. I have leopard gecko photo sessions all the time, just because it's fun. :)