FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pine, Bull, Gopher & Indigo Snakes (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=506)
-   -   [For Sale] Sub Adult Pair of Eastern Indigo's (Drymarchon C. Couperi) (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313231)

westcoast74 04-20-2012 08:10 PM

Sub Adult Pair of Eastern Indigo's (Drymarchon C. Couperi)

4 Attachment(s)
2009 Female D.C. Couperi from Robert Bruce's Red Throat Line. I have had her since she was a few months old. As of about two weeks ago, she was about 101 cm. I couldn't find my scale so I didn't get a wait. She is feeding on f/t adult mice.

2008 Male D. C. Couperi from Robert's Red Throat Line also. I have had him since he was about 10 months old or so. As of a couple weeks ago, he measured about 115 cm and is also feeding on f/t adult mice.

They are everything Robert's snakes add up to be. I am not selling them by choice so no trades at this time and I do not like to haggle on price so I am asking $1200 each, just to recover the cost I paid for them as youngsters. I did not try to breed them this season as I wanted the female to have at least four full years behind her. In my bias opinion, there isn't another breed I would prefer to keep more than Eastern's.

Please call me at (619) 425-4285. Please do not email or message as I do not have regular computer access. If nobody is home, please leave a message. Thank you.

MarkBurnett 04-23-2012 04:58 PM

Thanks Eric for a call back, I will pay the invoice soon.

Glamdring11 02-13-2015 12:25 AM

Hey there, I have a question for you. Does a person need a permit to be in possession of one of these snakes? I recently just came across them and am interested in owning one. I read that they are on the endangered species list, but I'm unsure if a permit is needed for owning them or buying them out of state. Thanks!

Brandonmarsh29 02-13-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glamdring11 (Post 1798179)
Hey there, I have a question for you. Does a person need a permit to be in possession of one of these snakes? I recently just came across them and am interested in owning one. I read that they are on the endangered species list, but I'm unsure if a permit is needed for owning them or buying them out of state. Thanks!

I do know that there is a permit for interstate shipping as far as state laws its a good idea to look into it. It does vary from place to place. Hope that helps��

bmwdirtracer 02-13-2015 01:32 PM

If the snakes cross state lines, you need to obtain a permit from US Fish and Wildlife Service in Atlanta. The permit costs $100, and will require a breeder's statement, drawing of your snake room, and a completed application from you.

Glamdring11 02-13-2015 02:05 PM

Thanks guys, appreciate you getting back to me!

DBGmd1985 02-13-2015 09:54 PM

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that a 5-6 year old female is 39" and a 6-7 year old male is only 45" long? They look healthy and I know first hand Robert Bruce produces high quality animals. They just seem a bit on the small size to me.

englishaussie 02-13-2015 10:30 PM

Be very careful with Eastern Indigos, many are severely inbred. I bought several animals from Robert & had very disappointing results when it came to breeding. Stunted growth, premature death, split belly scales, infertile eggs. I ended up trading them out because of these reasons. I spent about $8000 on these snakes & have nothing to show for it. Indigos are my favorite snakes but i will not touch them again now i am more educated about the genetic problems they have. BE WARNED!

bmwdirtracer 02-13-2015 10:39 PM

Guys, I believe that we need to put these conversations on the discussions forum, rather than the classified ad for someone's snakes. For that reason, I actually started a thread in relation to this, several hours ago. Please give input on the discussion forum; this line of questioning has stirred controversy on this CLASSIFIED forum before, and we should steer clear, or we will end up in trouble. (EDIT: Yes, I am bothered)

tim brophy 02-13-2015 11:53 PM

The original add above is almost three years old.