FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Jim Talioferro - Dead Shipment/Unresponsive (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262378)

Katie.Shinkle 08-04-2011 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman (Post 1329136)

Well, I don't ship them but I have received many and haven't seen it. But I never have received adults. So, I should state I'm just assuming it isn't done that way.

Just did a little research. Apparently Medium sized tortoises should be packed in a box large enough for them to right themselves should they be flipped, and that box placed into another box. Basically, instead of a plastic container, a box. Or very large tortoises would need to be shipped via Airlines in a dog crate.

So, according to that, no, he should NOT have been taped at all.

bullies&balls 08-04-2011 06:06 AM

Not sure if it's the same guy or not, but aguy has been posting 2 adult males and an afult female for sale on CL. The price sounds right, but adds kept getting deleted do to him listing prices fro the 3 animals. On the add, BOTH males were listed as being over 20", the female I think was listed at 19". Very sorry for you situation and wish you the best on your dealings with this person.

allreptiles1966 08-04-2011 06:37 AM

That sucks! What are people thinking when shipping.There are so many directions and knowledgable shippers out there to make sure this doesn't happen! Just a real shame.
Money is not worth this!
Sorry for your loss man.I hope all works out.

Show Me 08-04-2011 07:08 AM

I'm speechless, it's terrible.

Focal 08-04-2011 07:39 AM

Not sure if this keyword was put in here for searching reasons yet or not:

jt72406@yahoo.com

jt72406

Lucille 08-04-2011 08:43 AM

After looking at the pictures, I'm wondering whether the critter was alive when it was shipped.....

Casey Hulse 08-04-2011 09:01 AM

Galen, If there is anything I can do to help, do not hesitate to ask.
Good luck!

reptilebaby 08-04-2011 10:26 AM

I feel sorry for all this "person"s" animals. That poor thing should not have had to deal with that. He really doesn't deserve to keep what he has. I really do hope he explains, and refunds the OP-he can't really make it RIGHT because that poor tortoise never had a chance.

rcarichter 08-04-2011 10:38 AM

By far, the worse BOI I've seen. So sorry for you and that poor girl.

Noelle

Captive_Science 08-04-2011 10:45 AM

Clay - Thanks for reposting the ad! Greatly appreciated.

Casey - Hope you had a good birthday!

Thanks to all who have commented and shared their views and information.

I have downloaded some software to pull the sms/text conversations and will post them this evening once I can get to my Itunes.

I will squeeze some time to get a timeline assembled for everyone.