FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Informal presidential election poll (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302627)

akonitony 03-07-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman (Post 1429377)
I will vote for someone I believe is principled and will do what they state no-matter that I don't agree with every position. The only candidate that I believe is honest is Ron Paul and that counts with me.

Campaign For Liberty!

You were correct, sir, but lately, he has been getting to be a little more like the rest of the candidates:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/ron-paul/

I line up with another republican according to this:

http://selectsmart.com/president/

However, I still plan to vote for Ron Paul because my gut feeling is he is more honest than the rest of them.

Dennis Hultman 03-07-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 1428752)
So, how come we don't see similar results in "official" polls and voting results across the country as we see in this poll? I would think that this would be a pretty non-biased cross section of citizens of this country. From what I recall, the results in the same poll on my CornSnakes.com website pretty much duplicated what is seen here.

I guess I just don't believe that voting is really all that accurate of a representation of what the people REALLY want and have actually voted for. There are just too many opportunities for fraudulent results with no realistic way to audit those results.

I also noted that every single online debate poll from each network during and after each debate Ron Paul won by double digit margins. I voted in everyone. I noticed that at the begin of some of the debates that they were going to discuss the online debates and then didn't. Fox did this twice. Ron Paul blow the online poll away and then they deleted the poll and didn't discuss it on air like they stated they would.

WebSlave 03-07-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdshscja (Post 1428916)
Now his economic ideas are not only not radical but unfortunately just bland republican ideas. He wants to cut spending, ok great but then he wants cut taxes. We added around 1.3 trillion in debt last year, you know what happens with that kinda plan, another 1.3 trillion. Any plan at this point that doesn't cut spending and raise taxes, will do nothing but continue to sink us into debt.

Well, honestly if anyone wants to SERIOUSLY reduce the footprint of government, how else would you do it, whether as a result of, or a method to make that reduction happen, without BOTH cutting spending and reducing taxes? Isn't that the major REASON for reducing government?

dumje 03-07-2012 06:19 PM

as I said before...I dont have evidence...but...an on line poll...a poll during a debate from the audience ...tv or live...is still an isolated poll...not a true reading of the people that vote...his ideas are not what most people believe will work...he may tell the truth...he may not be bought by big money...but most republican voters will not vote for him...

mainbutter 03-08-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akonitony (Post 1427088)
the only reason we have odd days now is because Julius wanted as many days as Augustus had in his month, etc...

Didn't Julius die well before Augustus was given his honorific title?

jdshscja 03-09-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 1429423)
Well, honestly if anyone wants to SERIOUSLY reduce the footprint of government, how else would you do it, whether as a result of, or a method to make that reduction happen, without BOTH cutting spending and reducing taxes? Isn't that the major REASON for reducing government?

In no way is it possible to ever get out of debt by reducing taxes and reducing spending, it really is that simple. If you ever want smaller government, it will require higher taxes to get there first. Here's an example, although a slightly extreme one.

We spent 1.3 trillion more than we brought in last year. So we want to cut spending to make up that difference. Let's go with everyones favorite target for cutting, "entitlements". Conveniently that comes out to a little over 1.3 trillion, perfect. So we haven't reduced the deficit but at least we've reduced government and balanced the budget right? Wrong, because now we also have to reduce taxes, which go figure, reduces our income. Now on top of that our income is reduced even further because when you eliminate government spending, you eliminate government jobs. Also don't forget that not all of the work is done within the government and is outsourced to private companies, so guess what, you eliminate private sector jobs as well.

So now you would further need to cut government spending and this pattern will just go on forever until there is no government or that government is in default.

Let's also not forget that doing all this would also increase the number of people that would be in need of government handouts but that is beside the point.

akonitony 03-09-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainbutter (Post 1429729)
Didn't Julius die well before Augustus was given his honorific title?

Sure, but death does not necessarily stop a rivalry. Why do you thing July and August both have 31 days, and February has only 28 or 29? They had to get the days form somewhere...
I think you might have missed my point, BTW.:eek:

akonitony 03-09-2012 01:39 PM

This just in:

HEADLINES FROM THE YEAR: 2059

Ozone created by electric cars now killing millions in the seventh largest country in the world, Mexifornia, formerly known as California.

White minorities still trying to have English recognized as Mexifornia's third language.

Spotted Owl plague threatens northwestern United States crops and livestock.

Baby conceived naturally! Scientists stumped.

Couple petitions court to reinstate heterosexual marriage.

Iran still closed off; physicists estimate it will take at least 10 more years before radioactivity decreases to safe levels.

France pleads for global help after being taken over by Jamaica. No other country comes forward to help the beleaguered nation!

Castro finally dies at age 112; Cuban cigars can now be imported legally, but President Natasha Clinton-Obama has banned all smoking.

George Z. Bush says he will run for President in 2060.

Postal Service raises price of first class stamp to $17.89 and reduces mail delivery to Wednesdays only.

85-year $75.8 billion study: Diet and exercise is the key to weight loss.

Average weight of Americans drops to 250 lbs.

Global cooling blamed for citrus crop failure for third consecutive year in Mexifornia and Floruba.

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.

Abortion clinics now available in every High School in United States ..

Senate still blocking drilling in ANWR even though gas is selling for 4532 Pesos per liter and gas stations are only open on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Massachusetts executes last remaining conservative.

Supreme Court rules punishment of criminals violates their civil rights.

Average height of NBA players is now nine feet seven inches with
Only 3 illegitimate children.

New federal law requires that all nail clippers, screwdrivers, fly swatters and rolled-up newspapers must be registered by January 2060..

IRS sets lowest tax rate at 75 percent..

Floruba voters still having trouble with voting machines.

WebSlave 03-09-2012 03:22 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

akonitony 03-09-2012 03:52 PM

Yep, guess I'm not the most politically-correct guy around. Guess I'll live around it.