FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Herps In The News (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=522)
-   -   Woman Sets Fire To Home While Killing Snakes (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69714)

Clay Davenport 06-22-2005 04:38 PM

Woman Sets Fire To Home While Killing Snakes

Mecklenburg County, NC -- A woman accidentally set fire to her own home Tuesday while trying to kill snakes on her front porch, according to investigators.

She said she found a nest of snakes in a couch on her porch and doused the snakes with lighter fluid.

When she threw a match on them, the couch burned and so did her house.

Howard phifer, who lives up the street, said there are a lot of snakes in this area.

"I've been in this area 45 years," Phifer said, "and that's' the most snakes I've seen since I've been here."

After the woman set the couch on fire she realized the flames were spreading, so she ran inside to call for help.

The fire then engulfed the home and she had to jump out of a window.

The woman is okay and so is her dog.

Phifer said he has an idea why snakes are slithering into his neighborhood.

"Building houses and running them out of the woods or what not," said Phifer. "All I know is they're around."

Link

DAND 06-22-2005 04:43 PM

What a ding-bat! The ignorance of some people. :hot:

hill4803 06-22-2005 05:00 PM

A couch on the front porch? There are probably snakes hanging out because there is plenty of food (rodents) available nesting in the couch on that front porch...DUH :slamit:

Jim O 06-22-2005 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
After the woman set the couch on fire she realized the flames were spreading, so she ran inside to call for help.

The fire then engulfed the home and she had to jump out of a window.

Obviously a dim bulb. Thankfully the dog is OK.

Karen Hulvey 06-22-2005 10:22 PM

It's too bad she didn't get some of that lighter fluid on herself so she could have experienced the he!!fire that those snakes got.

DragonCharm 06-23-2005 12:24 PM

Serves her right....

Couch on the porch eh? Wonder how many appliances were on that porch?

ogopogo 08-13-2005 01:38 PM

OMG what a moron i wish she lit her self on fire to hopefully she doesnt have any kids we dont need any more stupid snake haters

LakesideBoas 08-14-2005 12:44 AM

While I agree...

that was a bonehead move on her part, hoping someone would set themselves on fire isn't a nice thing to wish on anyone.

Sure as shootin' she won't try that type of snake extermination technique in the future!:hehe:

Of course she'll most likely still have indoor furniture on her outdoor porch at her new residence...

CJBianco 08-20-2005 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakesideBoas
While I agree that was a bonehead move on her part, hoping someone would set themselves on fire isn't a nice thing to wish on anyone.

True. Though I still get all giggles when I hear about someone shooting/burning themself while attacking a snake. Kharma. =)

Chris