FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Bpman850 Steven Miller *canceled payments for Bearded Dragon* (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300970)

barbie 02-08-2012 04:10 PM

WOW you got paid lol nice:) Now hope he has no complaints. And ya the guy has no knowledge of bearded dragon care as far as i can tell be carefull. And again good luck!!

Draco11 02-08-2012 04:11 PM

Thank you, everyone

Bill T 02-08-2012 04:20 PM

Don't send the money order back cash it and send the Paypal back then you are covered.

Draco11 02-08-2012 04:32 PM

Wouldn't it work either way payment through PP or MO, only Difference is a couple bucks PP takes out, and a stamp for sending MO if I get it.

But if he claims the bearded died (I hope to god not), but if he does, he's not getting a refund, by lying, canceling payment, (for PP to investigate), lack of knowledge. ect...

He's not getting a cent

Draco11 02-08-2012 04:36 PM

Well guess it would be easier to just cancel the PP payment. after MO arrives

Draco11 02-08-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draco11 (Post 1418156)
Wouldn't it work either way payment through PP or MO, only Difference is a couple bucks PP takes out, and a stamp for sending MO if I get it.

But if he claims the bearded died (I hope to god not), but if he does, he's not getting a refund, by lying, canceling payment, (for PP to investigate), lack of knowledge. ect...

He's not getting a cent

Also has to pay for shipment of body back, for proof

Draco11 02-08-2012 04:52 PM

Mail arrived.....No MO, not really a surprise but still :reddevil: about this whole thing.

bobtard 02-08-2012 04:56 PM

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a MO. This kid has proven himself to be a compulsive liar/thief. Not trying to be Mr. Negative or anything, just being realistic.

Draco11 02-08-2012 05:03 PM

No,...:iagree:
your right Bob. He has proven himself to be a compulsive liar on Fauna

Draco11 02-08-2012 08:14 PM

Well all in all I did get paid after putting up a fight. PP will prob not hold the payment again b/c of the proof of shipping and being deliverd. All in all some lessons are to be learned by mistakes. I'm just saddened that My *former* dragon Lancealot had to pay for this. I wish him well.

mikepanzarella 02-09-2012 03:05 AM

even if you get the money order i would cash it this is a known scammer and he was trying to steal from you and got busted red handed i wouldnt send anything back to him and i would consider the MO an @#$hole tax that he will not get back

hhmoore 02-09-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikepanzarella (Post 1418312)
i wouldnt send anything back to him and i would consider the MO an @#$hole tax that he will not get back

That pretty much puts you in the same category. Mike Panzarella, huh? Thanks for letting us know.

Focal 02-09-2012 07:31 AM

:iagree:

That would be stealing Mike and setting a further bad example for this kid. I agree with the suggestions of cashing the MO and refunding through PayPal to avoid any other frivolous claims.

hhmoore 02-09-2012 08:23 AM

PayPal released the payment....but, if it was a credit card payment, they can still dispute. As others have said, IF you get the money order - make a copy (taking a picture works) of it, then cash it immediately. Record the date/time cashed on your copy, then PROMPTLY, refund the PayPal payment.
If you hold the money order, it allows more time for him to cancel payment.

This may sound like a paranoid approach, but with his - ummmm....- questionable history, you're better off securing payment and covering your butt in the process.

mikepanzarella 02-09-2012 10:24 AM

100% i will keep your money if i catch you red handed trying to steal from me same way if i catch you in my house i will kill you.
what hes doing is going out and finding people to scam how am I put in that category
im not looking to scam anyone

Susan S. 02-09-2012 10:35 AM

RE: "how long do you think the dragon will get to 500g?

Steven thinks he will become a big breeder someday. He's like so many young people who look at what current prices of the designer herps and think they are going to accomplish the position of bringing in cash like that sometime soon. Unfortunately they don't understand there is a whole lot of knowledge, experience and very hard work that stands between them and that goal! You have to know what you are doing and it is wise to learn that FIRST before amassing the expensive animals. His first ball python is a Piebald.....and with all the questions he asked me about it - most recently he wanted me to remove a retained eye cap- it makes it real clear to me that he doesn't know much and certainly not even a fraction of what he needs to know to breed!:rofl:

Susan Sentman
SSNAKES Reptiles

hhmoore 02-09-2012 10:43 AM

Playing devil's advocate for a moment - what if the "kid" did use his mother's PayPal without her permission, and she reported an unauthorized payment?
Regardless of whether it happened like that, PayPal released the hold on the payment. The buyer has stated that he would send payment by money order, since the initial payment was in dispute. Seems like a pretty reasonable gesture (as long as he follows through with it, and people ARE watching for confirmation of that)...but what logic suggests that the seller should be able to keep BOTH payments?
Well, yours does :ack2:; and people have taken note of that as well. You may not be "looking" to scam anyone; but your own words indicate you would keep somebody's money if you had a chance.

There have been a couple of occasions in which I have had issues with PayPal after I sent payment. Those sellers could have thought I was trying to screw them over, and I immediately made payment another way when I found out about the problems. Thankfully, you were not the person on the receiving end of my money, and the extra payments were returned when PayPal got fixed.

Focal 02-09-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikepanzarella (Post 1418347)
100% i will keep your money if i catch you red handed trying to steal from me same way if i catch you in my house i will kill you.
what hes doing is going out and finding people to scam how am I put in that category
im not looking to scam anyone

:NoNo: If the money order shows, then he wasn't scamming, right? Why keep double the money at this point? If somebody paid you twice to ensure you got your money, you would still keep both? Yeah, that's scamming!
BTW, killing someone just because they are inside of your house is murder.

Draco11 02-09-2012 11:17 AM

I'f money order show's up I'll post a copy on here, and send it back. I was just fighting for the initial price agreed to.

At least by asking someone else to remove an eye cap on his snake says he, somewhat cares for it. He'll find out quick that the care, feeding, is costly if he trys to breed him. breeding and raising costs add up when rearing a clutch of beardies and if he sells that clutch. He finds the bearded layed another. lol he'll live and learn that this is a hobby first. only big scale breeders make more of a profit, since they have lots of clutches at a time to care for.
And if Steven dos'nt provide everything for clutches and for the gravid female he might end up loosing his fem. If he dosn't properly take care of her while she's gravid, same for cluch if they don't get what they need, they might not survive, or he'll just have a sickly bunch.
So by his lack of knowledge. It gets him nowhere, and I hope he lerns his lesson one day down the road. Either that or he might find himself in prision for going to far someday.

BaltimoreBees 02-09-2012 01:27 PM

Hopefully he at least has been reading the discussion forums so he gets some helpful pointers without having to even ask. I can't really say if he asked me for care tips that I'd turn him down on help, it's not the animals fault Daddy is making very poor decisions... Would never do business with him but I won't ever turn someone down if their animal is suffering. Just my two cents as a bleeding heart for the neglected and abused animals. If there's anything I can do to help, Sonia, let me know and I will gladly do what I can (even though I'm new, I'll do my very best).
Does anybody know this guys age? I almost wonder if he's really young and nobody ever taught him Internet etiquette, possibly honesty as well. I'm sure he will get a good teaching here. What's common sense to some is perplexing to another. I'm not defending him by any means, just a thought :)

Draco11 02-09-2012 01:39 PM

Thank you for your offer and may take you up on it someday!

Steven claimed he was 26 which is what age he sounded like. But I'm sorry, anyone should know proper edicate, even young children. I'm sure he's just a spoiled kid that wants the "cool" stuff but dosn't want to pay the price for it. Sad even that he does that. And you said it My heart goes out to all the neglected and abused animals. they don't deserve to be treated that way. I told him if he wanted to defend himselfe the thread is here and he didn't show.
He wanted me to defend him. huh...he's not a baby. just another crimanal out there. And hope he learns something. But doubt it. He'lll just find some other inocent person, and scam them too.
But for Others who look into him DON'T SELL HIM ANYTHING, he's just looking for hand outs in the world and for people to be sorry for him!

Draco11 02-09-2012 01:48 PM

Also hope, (even if it's not in his name). That PP bans the account. I;m deffinately sure this is not the first dispute that PP had to investigate.

Draco11 02-09-2012 01:54 PM

I'm hoping also, that for having a stupid moment on my part. Even though I'm still new to breeding and raising Bearded's; that it won't effect my reputation on here. My lesson is learned!

mikepanzarella 02-09-2012 03:59 PM

im not here to scam anyone let make that clear im here to learn (i still have alot to do),make a few trades,buy a few reps,and maybe sell a few if i have the chance
im just staying that this guy has done this x amount of times before thats all the proof i need to think about keeping the money chances are i wouldnt but i dont think it would be without reason if i did
and if i was here to scam someone why when i sold my albino ball python last month and we made a deal for $100 non refundable deposit rest paid in 7 days
when he was late and no contact did i still hold the snake till i got in touch with him 5-6days after the deadline he set then after a month i asked him how the snake was doing if she had any problems (after a month i was still willing to take the snake back if he had problems) the snake was fine and doing well
and if someone breaks into your home you have the right to defend your home its not murder (but thats not an argument for this thread)

Focal 02-09-2012 04:03 PM

Just giving you a hard time.

mikepanzarella 02-09-2012 04:20 PM

yeah i may have taken it a little out of line myself im sorry for that

Draco11 02-09-2012 04:23 PM

Well when you've experienced it for yourself you know the frustration and :censored:, to deal with it

Draco11 02-10-2012 01:38 PM

Hey today is day number four he been with me. And he has not ate for me at all. I am offing him greens,superworms,crickets. And he will not touch them,also his basking area is temp at 105 to 110 and the warm side stays 80 to 83. What did you feed him? How did you feed it to him? I wanna get this big guy back to his feeding scheduled...

Above is what I got from my PM I have told him many times what he ate which was mainly supers ( he was a bit picky, and didn't really touch crickets)
Also told him if he wanted to return him to sign up with a reptile shipping company and ship him back to me. If I recieved him alive he would recieve a refund of the initial cost of $220

What do others think of my response,...sounds resonable to me

mikepanzarella 02-10-2012 01:53 PM

i dont know your guarantee but i would tell him everything i did to get the guy to eat what my temps were everything (have to get the lil guy eating) then go from there the main thing to me is getting the dragon healthy

Draco11 02-10-2012 01:58 PM

I have told him many times, How I set up his cage and what temps were in his cage. I'm just stuck on what to do next that is why I offered for him to return the Dragon

Draco11 02-10-2012 02:02 PM

I just sugested to soak him, then let him warm up. and just put some supers in front of him the movement of the worms should hopefully intice him to grab em

Draco11 02-10-2012 02:09 PM

Also sugested to take him to the vet to check him out,...
When I sent him he was healthy and eating, but i do know that it takes time for ajustment, and that stress can make coccidia overload in their system, so I sugested to take a poop sample to

mikepanzarella 02-10-2012 02:27 PM

i would hope he has done a fecal and soaked him already those are like basics with new dragons i wouldnt think to much into it you offered the return you have extended this guy everything you can its up to him now maybe dragons shouldnt be in his pet/breeding plans
fecals are like $10-$20 to get done and soaking them takes 15 mins
lol i shouldnt talk i havnt gotten a fecal done on the newest dragon i got (i didnt buy her she was a rescue even more of a reason to get it done)
but shes not part of my dragons ill be giving her away once i feel she can leave quarantine

Draco11 02-10-2012 07:00 PM

Beautifuldragons.com sells albon to reid coccidia and also panacure to rid worms they send instructions of dosing, and once I save up some I'm gonna buy a micrascpoe from them to do my own fecals (I'm a veterinary tech). it helps.

Well talked to him again and he does want to keep him but he was only using a 75w bulb in a 60 gal. breeder. NO Wonder.

Even though he didn't do his homework at least he want's to do right.
I'm not defending him by any means. But he also said everytime he put his hands in cage he would gape at him. and always basked, no wonder on a 75w bulb. So I'm giving him some tips and to take him to a vet on Mon. w/ a poop sample

Draco11 02-10-2012 07:10 PM

Well he switched to 100w bulb and recomended a ceramic bulb to add more heat and give him warmth at night. Then Steven said Dragon ran over to greens and started eating. something so simple but important

Draco11 02-11-2012 06:52 AM

Lighiing was the problem! he had a 75w bulb on a 40gal tank. As soon as he put a 100w in he ran and ate some greens. But He was only using a mini dome. So I recomended the bigger size domes and a ceramic bulb for a bit of heat at night. Hopefully once he's got his lighting in order, the dragon will be fine and if your reading this Steven "give him a name". if you cant think of one I named him Lancealot or Lance. I't gives him more of an identity than just calling him little guy, which he's not so little at around 440g

Bill T 02-11-2012 08:12 AM

Did you receive your money.

Draco11 02-11-2012 10:55 AM

Got the money from PP, but never recieved a money order. Not sruprised much either. Also spena a good couple hours lelling him what size bulbs to get for his cage. He finally agreed to send me pics of his cage, which is how I found out his problem, for the sake of the dragon. But he has been reading this thread, and hope he has learned something from it.

So all in all I did get paid from PP and I don't think he'll cancel it again on his CC, or for that matter his mom.

Draco11 02-11-2012 11:04 AM

So all in all I did get paid from PP and I don't think he'll cancel it again on his CC, or for that matter his mom.[/quote]

Meant so say or his mom, won't cancel payment on her CC.

BaltimoreBees 02-11-2012 01:07 PM

Glad you got your money and it sounds like he is at least trying to take care of the dragon.