FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Informal presidential election poll (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302627)

akonitony 03-13-2012 01:22 PM

Here is a great read on Obama:

http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue....asp?id=106938

crotalusadamanteus 03-13-2012 01:28 PM

Sorry, the above definitions come from Websters for the source. Should have included that in the post.

akonitony 03-13-2012 01:34 PM

Richard, I generally agree with just about every post you make, including the ones in this thread. However, I do notice your avatar is basically contradicting your stance for pro-freedom, and pro-constitional rights. Do you know what the official language of the United States of America is?

akonitony 03-13-2012 01:36 PM

Answer: there isn't one.
Now, how do I know this? My wife told me she learned this when she was studying for the test she had to take to become a citizen, which she took and passed, along with her RN boards around the same time. Afterall, why should English be elevated to a preferred position in this country? The statue of Liberty does not say "Bring me your huddled masses that speak English", now does it? Near as I can tell, we shrugged off that yolk with a very bloody war, one of the very few successful coups ever acheived, and I think that gives us a right to speak whatever language with which we are comfortable.
My wife is spanish, and when she tries to understand some fast-spoken recorded message in english on the phone, she is more likely to misunderstand than if it is in her native tongue. I, for one, am thankful for a country that is a true melting pot.

crotalusadamanteus 03-13-2012 01:37 PM

Yeah, American English. Just because people are granted the right to come here, provided they learn to read, write and speak English, BUT REFUSE to honor that promise, does not change what the official language is.

dumje 03-13-2012 01:43 PM

Richard....you are afraid of non white people...from your avatar...what is wrong with knowing anither language...this country was founded by people from different countries speaking different languages...2nd...there is no taking of anyones properties...I ask you...do you not want to have police...fireman...teachers...if you dont...you want to live in a society that has 1 person or a collection of people with lots of money that control their own personal armies they pay to protect whats theirs...our "capatilist society" relies on governament employes to serve and protect the private business man. I believe thats called a monarchy...so which do you prefer to live in? Vote for the only guy running for president that does not lie...Vote Ron Paul....and get us into an isolationist government...and see what happens to prices of many things we take for granted...see what happens when half the country becomes unemployed because he and you want to cut back government spending...he may not lie...he may tell the truth...but what he wants is as bad as what we have had over the last 42 years or maybe even worse...take money out of politics....get big business out of lobbying....prevent former congressman from becoming lobbyists and many of our problems will go away...government by the people for the people...that is what is needed...

dumje 03-13-2012 01:49 PM

I have been to countries that have no regard for all of the people...the poor live in terrible conditions....they struggle to survive...for food...its fricking disgusting to let your poor live they way they do in some other countries...big business thrives and the low end citizen lives in a home with dirt floors and barely 4 walls...you have street kids begging and stealing in the streets...its not right...and...the idea of American English...really...get a clue dude....you have issues man...real issues...are you jealous that someone can come to this country and barely speak engish and have a thriving business...really...

dumje 03-13-2012 01:51 PM

Hugo Chavez has control of his country because the poor worship him...he brought them what they did not get and guess what...he now takes private property for the government...he now takes private business for the government...because the poor had noone else to turn too...and they voted him in...thats communism...

akonitony 03-13-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumje (Post 1431262)
Hugo Chavez has control of his country because the poor worship him...he brought them what they did not get and guess what...he now takes private property for the government...he now takes private business for the government...because the poor had noone else to turn too...and they voted him in...thats communism...

My wife thinks you may have issues ... she's from Venezuala, BTW. We agree Hugo is as crazy as they come, but he is not a tyrant, as you suggest.

akonitony 03-13-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus (Post 1431256)
Yeah, American English. Just because people are granted the right to come here, provided they learn to read, write and speak English, BUT REFUSE to honor that promise, does not change what the official language is.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...
Richard, you are only showing ignorance now. Like I said, there is no official language of the USA. If you think I'm wrong, back it up with a reference. Also, would you mind showing us where it states one must learn to read, write, and speak english in order to come here? Is this in the constitution, or your constitution?