FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Keep your fingers crossed... (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84367)

ms_terese 07-31-2006 02:43 PM

Keep your fingers crossed...

...or rub a lucky rabbit's foot or something!

As some of you know, I've had some health challenges this year. Tomorrow is d-day for having an abdominal mass removed. If all goes well, it will biopsy as benign, I'll be home from the hospital by Saturday, and back up to speed in about 4 weeks. Unfortunately, it's too large for a convenient laparoscopic procedure, so it requires a full laparotomy. Recovery should be fun!

I'm trying to concentrate on all the positives: I have excellent health insurance, wonderful doctors, and needed a bit of down time anyway. However, that nagging voice in the back of my mind that this will only be the beginning is getting louder and louder and louder.

So, keep good thoughts that this sucker isn't malignant, and hopefully I'll be back on a keyboard in a few weeks!

Rebel Dragons 07-31-2006 03:12 PM

I wish you the best of luck and that the results are exactly what you hope they are!!! With such good doctors in your corner, I'm sure everything will work out perfectly for ya.

DAND 07-31-2006 03:30 PM

I'll keep you in my thoughts Terese. You take care and hurry back.

Wilomn 07-31-2006 03:37 PM

Or, you could look at it as the culmination of things your body did to improve some sort of inner workings; it's heaped all the crud into that mass and now you'll be rid of it all, to lead a happy healthy and productive rest of your life.

I'll be thinking good thoughts your way too.

varnyard 07-31-2006 03:39 PM

You have my best wishes as well Terese!!

Bill_Leverton 07-31-2006 03:43 PM

I wish you well, and have faith, I'll add you to my prayers.....Quick and speedy recovery. :)

INSANE CANES 08-01-2006 02:32 AM

Good luck and best wishes......

ZX11 08-01-2006 02:39 AM

I know you will be fine and you know you will be fine. So, no worries, right?

Look at another bright side: with your down time, you will be right here to keep us in check.

Good luck to ya. You deserve it. Prayers for ya.

ms_terese 08-06-2006 09:00 PM

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Weak as a cat, but I'm home. The procedure itself was more complicated than the surgeon had counted on, but by the end of the day the only thing that mattered was that the mass was benign, and they got it all.

Now I'll work on getting some strength back. I won't be able to work for at least 2 weeks, so maybe I'll even get some organizational projects finished around the house. Or maybe I'll become a soap opera junkie :hehe:

Lucille 08-06-2006 09:07 PM

I am happy for you that it was benign; now, take your time recovering and don't overdo.
If it was a complicated procedure, you need to take time and recover slowly.
Welcome back!!