FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   courtney vandenbroek and/or Stacy Habeck (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286465)

Playboid 11-15-2011 01:49 PM

courtney vandenbroek and/or Stacy Habeck

I just had a very awkward and ridiculous transaction with this person's paypal account. If you receive any payment from courtney vandenbroek, be very careful. She paid for reptiles for the woman who contact me (Stacy Habeck, who seemed very nice and apologetic for her friends actions) and after she found out there was no signature required and I told her I dropped the package off, this Courtney women called me, flipped out about shipping snakes to her paypal address, claimed she would refuse the delivery, hung up on me, then proceeded to text me 2 vulgar texts calling me several ignorant names.

Luckily I was standing outside of the FedEx building with the box in my hand. I contacted Paypal and as I was speaking with them she filed a claim saying she never received the animals. That was yesterday. I refunded her money today. I dodged a bullet I believe. I don't know if this Courtney and Stacy aer in some sort of a scam, if they are the same person or if this is just a case of a nice woman who is friends with a whackjob, but either way, be very cautious if you receive any paypal payments requesting you ship to a different address. YOU ARE NOT INSURED THROUGH PAYPAL IF YOU SHIP TO AN UNAUTHORIZED ADDRESS.

Happy Holidays everyone.

AbsoluteApril 11-15-2011 02:05 PM

Refrain from name calling.

Where did this transaction take place, was it from an ad on Fauna? Is this person a member here?

Playboid 11-15-2011 02:13 PM

The original reply was from an add I had posted here, yes. The Stacy women seems very nice. My main point was just to remind people to be careful when shipping through paypal. After a few conversations I found none of my friends that ship had previous knowledge about paypal's strict shipping rules to only ship to the verified address. If you want to take this post down, that's fine. I probably should have titled it Paypal shipping. Notice I put this as an informational post not a "Bad Guy" post.

Playboid 11-15-2011 02:14 PM

I can't spell today!! LOL

Lucille 11-15-2011 02:33 PM

Wayne I'm glad you posted this warning. I can't find the exact threads but I seem to recall that several people from here have been caught without recourse by shipping to an address other than the Paypal address. So it may be an up-and-coming fraud making the rounds.

If someone on the up-and-up wants to pay via Paypal and have a package sent to a different address, they can actually go to their 'profile' tab, add add an address. They must indicate this is the address they wish on their Paypal transaction details. I did this last Christmas when I wanted a gift sent direct from a merchant to my Dad.

hhmoore 11-15-2011 05:50 PM

PayPal's rule notwithstanding, this thread is about Courtney Vandenbroek and Stacy Habeck - if people want to discuss PayPal policy, please utilize the General Business section.

Stacy Habeck....is she in NY? The name seems familiar.

Was there no discussion of shipping prior to that? You may have dodged a bullet, but you also might have been the one that loaded the gun....I would never presume to set up shipping to an address without confirming it with the recipient. If there is a discrepancy, you can sort it out with your customer(s) BEFORE you ship.

Playboid 11-15-2011 06:10 PM

No, she is in Wisconsin. Maybe it's bad practice, but I don't discuss shipping until I get paid. This is a hobby first, not a business for me.

hhmoore 11-15-2011 06:48 PM

No need to discuss shipping before you get paid...but I would think that, business or hobby, it is a simple matter of common sense to discuss shipping prior to actually doing so (or, in this case, saying you did before actually happened :ack2: ).
What if a customer moved 3 weeks prior, and didn't think to change their PayPal information immediately? If you don't raise the subject for confirmation, the snake gets left in the wrong place or turned away - you can argue that you shipped to the PayPal address, but IMO you would still be wrong for not addressing the issue. Accepting payment from a third party just complicates things, especially when dealing with snakes, because a there are a lot of people with irrational fear of snakes. Maybe this person was one of them....or maybe the address on her account was where her ex husband lives...or maybe it was a scam attempt - can't really guess from what has been presented here.
You might want to talk to PayPal about the option of having snakes held for pickup (they give different answers on that one, lol). At least that way, the recipient is supposed to show ID and has to sign for the box.

Lucille 11-15-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhmoore (Post 1381866)
You might want to talk to PayPal about the option of having snakes held for pickup (they give different answers on that one, lol). At least that way, the recipient is supposed to show ID and has to sign for the box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhmoore (Post 1381833)
PayPal's rule notwithstanding, this thread is about Courtney Vandenbroek and Stacy Habeck - if people want to discuss PayPal policy, please utilize the General Business section.

Playboid 11-15-2011 08:08 PM

HH,

I appreciate your opinion, but unfortunately it doesn't apply in this case. This was the transaction:

Stacy negotiated a price.
I accepted.
Stacy paid me via Courtney.
I noticed Stacy used a different paypal account.
Courtney and Stacy said to ship it to a Stacy's address and emailed the address to me.
I said no, I would only ship to the verified paypal address, which was Courtney's.
Stacy said fine then, ship it to the Courtney's address.
After I informed them it was being shipped, Courtney contacted me and yelled at me, threatened me, and said she would not accept the package and was filing a refund claim.

All of this after they were under the assumption the package had been dropped off at FedEx.

It wasn't a matter of if I discussed shipping, it was a problem because I had two different people telling me two different stories after shipping was paid and confirmed.

I don't feel it's my responsibility to ask someone if they are using their own paypal account, if the addresses match, who's going to be there to pick them up, etc until after I am paid. At that point I check the specifics. If I see a difference in the person I am talking with and the account, which in this case was exactly what happened, I address it then. That's my method and it's exactly what I did.

I don't want to be misunderstood. I appreciate your advice and opinion, but as you said, with the information I had posted up until this point, you didn't know the entire situation. I did what I felt was my part to protect myself and the animals. If you do things differently, that's cool too. There's more than one way to do things.

I haven't posted in this BOI for a LONG time because it always seems there's someone or some people that like to flip the coin and put things back on the original person who posted. Again, I just made my original post to inform others they should read the paypal shipping rules and be careful if dealing with these two women. I did not post to discuss or debate how I handle my shipping methods. I don't feel I need to explain or justify my actions. How I handled it, in my opinion, was perfect. I didn't lose any money and the animals are still in perfect health and good hands. If some one disagrees, you're entitled to your opinion, but message me, don't post it here.

I'm not here to argue. As far as your scenario's HH, none of them are my problem. Do I confirm addresses before I ship, yes. Honestly though, it's not my responsibility to make sure someone updates their shipping address. Again, I appreciate feedback and people's opinions. I hope I'm not being misunderstood or coming off as an a-hole. It's not my intentions.

I posted to inform people about Courtney and possibly Stacy. I didn't post to be questioned or corrected. If this needs to continue, please personal message me. This thread, as usual, is already WAY off the point of why I posted it. This is why I don't post in the BOI. People are more concerned with debunking the poster than thanking them for having the stones to share info on what could be potential problem makers, thieves, and scam artists.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Happy Holidays