FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309)
-   -   Locality fraud (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630089)

cop814 08-15-2017 01:17 PM

Locality fraud

I noticed that a lot of sellers are posting locality snakes without any documentation or proof.
A person on kingsnake .com posted " Antonio zoo line Durango pines ".
When I asked for any proof of locality , and proof of being from Antonio zoo line he wrote : I got it from a guy who said that a guy said they were from the above locality and zoo".
It seems like there is a lot of false advertising!!
And making extra money by lying to the public!!

Beyond GenetiX 08-15-2017 02:03 PM

I'm not disputing your claim, this is probably better off in a discussion forum.

AbsoluteApril 08-15-2017 02:54 PM

Moved to the discussion forums

Sometimes locality and lineage is not provable beyond 'so and so told me...'
Comes down to if the people involved are trustworthy and how far back you can trace their claims and your ability to have faith in someone's word.

For something like claiming zoo stock, perhaps contact the zoo and see if they are willing to release the information on who they sold to?

AbsoluteApril 08-15-2017 02:55 PM

Also I do agree that it seems it's done quite often simply to try to inflate a price

cop814 08-15-2017 03:19 PM

Locality fraud

The response from the seller was ,"a guy who got it from a guy, I'm not good with names" !
No information !
With that responce there's no way to proof or trace anything .
I'm just trying to make the good honest people aware of false ads.

bcr229 08-15-2017 11:28 PM

What kind of proof are you looking for?

cop814 08-16-2017 10:09 PM

A simple receipt, a contact person , or organization that could verify the claim .
With the aforementioned , the buyer would be able trace the information until the claim is found , or not.
I've come across too many people making claims of locality ,individuals , organization, or zoo stock, without a single proof of what they are advertising.
However I've experience ,individuals that have all proof of locality and lineage at
hand .
It is the seller's responsibility to place an ad to the public ,with absolute proof of what is being sold.
I actually heard conversations at reptile events , people saying " just say the snake is from ( any reputable organization or individual) and you will make a better profit !
Is the same as if I had a car that I claimed to be owned by Elvis Presley , would an individual buy it without proof ? Probably not!
Only a fool would take a strangers word .
I made a purchase from Dr.
Edwin Sanchez a month ago , he provided all documents with the sale. ( Durango Mexican pine) verified !
Chad Lundberg, provided extend lineages, that I verified from a purchase last month as well.
I want to post this so that the public could start demanding proof that can be verified!!