FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   "Like" button on the BOI. (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587263)

JButera 08-13-2016 09:36 PM

"Like" button on the BOI.

Would anyone like to see a "Like" button (à la Facebook) on the BOI? I've talked to Rich about this, and he said he'd consider it if it generated enough interest from other members. There've been numerous times I find myself wanting to acknowledge (publicly) a particular post but have nothing worth saying that would be of any benefit to the majority of other members/lurkers.

bcr229 08-13-2016 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JButera (Post 1934265)
Would anyone like to see a "Like" button (à la Facebook) on the BOI? I've talked to Rich about this, and he said he'd consider it if it generated enough interest from other members. There've been numerous times I find myself wanting to acknowledge (publicly) a particular post but have nothing worth saying that would be of any benefit to the majority of other members/lurkers.

Been there also. Quoting the post and throwing in an :iagree: reply doesn't add to the discussion either.

Usually I just settle for giving the person karma.

JButera 08-13-2016 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcr229 (Post 1934269)
Been there also. Quoting the post and throwing in an :iagree: reply doesn't add to the discussion either.

Usually I just settle for giving the person karma.

I just sent you Karma, now if I didn't mention that only you and I would know. In addition, I'm not a contributing member (yet):o, there's no way of telling who sent me Karma unless they leave their name, which only happened once.

GC89 08-13-2016 10:35 PM

I would like the Like Button.

KBM DRAGONS 08-13-2016 10:39 PM

Like Button would be nice.

Fangthane 08-13-2016 11:01 PM

If there's also a "Dislike" button, I'd be all for it. I think depicting the reality of the situation - showing both positive and negative reactions - would be much more interesting.

bcr229 08-13-2016 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JButera (Post 1934276)
I just sent you Karma, now if I didn't mention that only you and I would know. In addition, I'm not a contributing member (yet):o, there's no way of telling who sent me Karma unless they leave their name, which only happened once.

Ha! I tried to send some back and got the message I had to give it to others first - I forgot I gave you some recently!

hhmoore 08-13-2016 11:41 PM

I've visited forums that have that feature; and, frankly, I find it annoying and obtrusive. I also think it would encourage posts that merit infractions; which creates its own issues (not to mention a piss poor argument ala Why did you give me an infraction, that post got 15 likes).
Maybe it's because I'm not an avid facebooker, but I'm not hung up on that level of reinforcement (though, like most, I do appreciate a little karma from time to time. That acknowledged, I certainly dont want/need it on display for all to see).

Quote:

Originally Posted by JButera (Post 1934276)
I just sent you Karma, now if I didn't mention that only you and I would know.

What's wrong with that?
Of what benefit is it for others to see that you gave somebody karma?

JButera 08-13-2016 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcr229 (Post 1934294)
Ha! I tried to send some back and got the message I had to give it to others first - I forgot I gave you some recently!

Lol, this is why we need that button. Thanks anyway.;)

JButera 08-14-2016 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhmoore (Post 1934295)
I've visited forums that have that feature; and, frankly, I find it annoying and obtrusive. I also think it would encourage posts that merit infractions; which creates its own issues (not to mention a piss poor argument ala Why did you give me an infraction, that post got 15 likes).
Maybe it's because I'm not an avid facebooker, but I'm not hung up on that level of reinforcement (though, like most, I do appreciate a little karma from time to time. That acknowledged, I certainly dont want/need it on display for all to see).

What's wrong with that?
Of what benefit is it for others to see that you gave somebody karma?

Nothing, IMO a 'like' button is just a quicker and better way to acknowledge someone's post. It also allows others to know where you stand and or support in a conversation. Tbh, when I send Karma I feel like I did nothing - plus there's no way of knowing if it was even received.