FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   karma points? (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72995)

spots-r-us 10-29-2005 01:43 PM

karma points?

Hi, I'm fairly new here and have been trying to figure out what "Karma Power" is. I've done searches and looked at the FAQ pages and I *think* I understand what it is, but I still haven't found any info on how to give the points to excellent posts/posters. Can someone please explain? Thanx.

Matt Haines 10-29-2005 01:56 PM

To give either positive or negative Karma points to a certain post you will need to click the little "scale" icon in the bottom left hand side of a particular post. Then a window will pop up where you can choose either to deem the post good or bad and leave a comment as well. The scale icon looks like this: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...reputation.gif

leaftail 10-29-2005 01:57 PM

The way you give karma points to posts/posters is to click on that icon down in the lower left corner of every post that looks like a wad of kleenex. It is between the circle icon and the red triangle icon. When you click on the wad of kleenex, a little window pops up where you can choose whether you think it was an expecially good post or an especially bad post (the bad option will give Negative karma points to the poster), then a place for you to give poster a comment about their post.

spots-r-us 10-29-2005 02:42 PM

Thanks guys! And thanks Matt for pointing out that that indecipherable little icon is supposed to be a scale! I would never have guessed -- I wonder how many other people think it's a "wad of kleenex," too!

Southwick Herps 10-30-2005 02:58 PM

I know the Karma Points can say whether the poster is generally good, or bad, but there was something else I have a question about...
There is a number, but also a varying amount of green or red blocks. Which do each symbolize? I personally have a lesser number than some people, but I also have multiple green blocks whereas some people only have 1???

Matt Haines 10-30-2005 04:09 PM

I am not sure of whether the green blocks have anything to do with karma anymore. They were used when we had reputation points. The higher your actually reputation score was, the more green blocks you accumulated. I do not know if they still have any baring in the new karma system. You get 1 point(or did with rep points anyway) for every month you have been a member. So someone who has been here for 1 year may well have more karma points than you but a smaller karma score. I do not think that the seniority points add to your green blocks or score. Hopefully you can understand my ramblings. :dgrin:

Matt Haines 10-30-2005 04:19 PM

I am also not sure if it still exists, but you gained 1 point per every 100 posts that you made.

Matt Haines 11-11-2005 10:05 PM

On the note of karma points.....would anyone happen to know why my karma score does not show up? It shows my points for length of time as a member and number of posts, but it does not factor in my karma points. I am supposedly #2 on the list(how the hell did that happen? :rofl: ) and yet I only have a karma score of 10. Do I need 100 posts after the institution of the karma system for my points to become relevant?

crotalusadamanteus 11-12-2005 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Haines
On the note of karma points.....would anyone happen to know why my karma score does not show up? It shows my points for length of time as a member and number of posts, but it does not factor in my karma points. I am supposedly #2 on the list(how the hell did that happen? :rofl: ) and yet I only have a karma score of 10. Do I need 100 posts after the institution of the karma system for my points to become relevant?

Yeah but you have 5 green blocks. Aren't those multipliers? LOL

Cat_72 11-12-2005 09:15 AM

I haven't been able to figure the whole thing out since it changed.....LOL. I still give em out, but I don't know exactly where they go anymore. I just know red is bad. ;)