FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   First Choice Reptiles ripped me off (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=635894)

mattfrohnapple 10-02-2017 07:54 PM

First Choice Reptiles ripped me off

Do not under any circumstances purchase anything from First Choice Reptiles! They took my money for animals they didn't have in stock, took 2 weeks to reply to multiple emails, finally reported to PayPal and was refunded by PayPal, so I repeat do not buy from First Choice Reptiles!

daltonr121 10-02-2017 08:06 PM

Do you have any pictures of the correspondence showing dates and times?

Were these animals purchased through an automated website or did someone tell you they weren't in stock and there would be a wait for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Snake-Queen 10-02-2017 10:00 PM

Please post all correspondence, pictures and any other evidence.

Herpin Man 10-02-2017 11:00 PM

If you got your money back, they technically didn't rip you off.
Based on what you've said so far, it sounds more like you just experienced very poor service, rather than fraud or theft.
Which is still not good, of course.

bcr229 10-02-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herpin Man (Post 2033144)

Based on FCR's reputation if he didn't get a critter then he dodged a large caliber bullet.

Snake-Queen 10-03-2017 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herpin Man (Post 2033144)
Based on what you've said so far, it sounds more like you just experienced very poor service, rather than fraud or theft.
Which is still not good, of course.

PayPal refunded him, not the company. So technically, yes they tried to rip him off.

snakesareawesome 10-03-2017 12:51 AM

Need more info, was this an add to cart type situation or did they confirm it was in stock before ordering?

Haelileah 10-11-2017 07:04 PM

I also made the mistake of ordering from First Choice Reptiles. (I know I should have checked first, but they were the only site I could find with crocodile skinks reportedly "in stock" and I was desperate) It's been three weeks now and they have yet to respond to a single email and their phone has been disconnected. Definitely not a reputable dealer.

KNOBTAIL 10-11-2017 08:43 PM

Thats theft !

bcr229 10-11-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haelileah (Post 2035065)
I also made the mistake of ordering from First Choice Reptiles. (I know I should have checked first, but they were the only site I could find with crocodile skinks reportedly "in stock" and I was desperate) It's been three weeks now and they have yet to respond to a single email and their phone has been disconnected. Definitely not a reputable dealer.

If you paid by PayPal or credit card start a dispute.