FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Surgery (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724600)

JColt 05-08-2020 12:58 PM

Surgery

I am scheduled for surgery next Wednesday 13th in Cleveland. Doctor seems to believe since symptoms came quickly that he will be able to repair valve. If not a tissue valve will be put in.

Decided not to use artificial one because I would need to be on blood thinners and tested every 3 to 4 weeks for rest of my life. He said even though they estimate a tissue valve lasting 10 years they normally last much longer and that in next 5 to 8 years or so they should be able to do repairs via artery in groin. One of my friends grandmother had tissue valve put in at 66 yrs old and died of natural causes at 91 with hers.

So, cut open chest, stop heart, hook up to machine to pump blood and breath, repair heart, wire chest cavity back into place, sew up, restart heart. Piece of cake :crying:

Have to go in Mon or Tues for pre op. Not a fun drive into Cleveland but at least I have a date and time.

bcr229 05-08-2020 01:09 PM

Ugh, good luck with that.

A coworker has rotator cuff surgery next week. He got the COVID test yesterday as part of the pre-op, that thing where the long q-tip goes up your nose to the back of your sinuses to collect the specimen. He said he'd almost rather just live with the shoulder than have to do that test again.

JColt 05-08-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcr229 (Post 2203259)

A coworker has rotator cuff surgery next week. He got the COVID test yesterday as part of the pre-op, that thing where the long q-tip goes up your nose to the back of your sinuses to collect the specimen. He said he'd almost rather just live with the shoulder than have to do that test again.

I had the q tip test about 6 weeks ago when I first went into hospital. While not exactly comfortable it wasn't that bad. Maybe 2 seconds each nostril. Of course I was not feeling very well at the time and may have shrugged it off.

AbsoluteApril 05-08-2020 04:16 PM

Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery Joe!!

Jonathan P 05-08-2020 07:12 PM

Hope it's a quick and smooth surgery with no surprises!

Lucille 05-08-2020 07:28 PM

Joe I will be thinking of you. I hope you sail through the surgery, and that there are no glitches, and you make sure you get plenty or rest after, no adventures or honey does or anything stressful for a while.

WebSlave 05-08-2020 07:47 PM

Hope it all goes well, Joe. Hopefully it will be a piece of cake for the surgeon(s) and you.

Don't push yourself when you get back home. Being a couch potato after surgery is perfectly acceptable.

nickolasanastasiou 05-09-2020 11:33 PM

I am looking forward to reading positive news, good sir.

chrisis697 05-10-2020 09:48 AM

Good luck Joe, your in our thoughts.

JColt 05-11-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcr229 (Post 2203259)

Well went and had pre op at Cleveland location this morning. Traffic not too bad but one min you had to be in left 2 lanes then over in right 2 lanes to stay on highway. Glad less than normal traffic!

On the covid test. They had me run to Avon emergency to have pre op covid test. Near my home so not so bad and you don't even get out of car. The new test they do not use swab all the way back but it takes a few seconds longer.

So other than I have to use a special medicated soap Tuesday night and Wednesday morning I have to be at hospital at 6 so will leave about 4:30am so traffic should be bare.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Not sure when I'll drop back in. See you soon!