FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Fauna Web Moderator **Horrible Customer Service** (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253278)

zoologicalpets 06-23-2011 08:11 PM

Fauna Web Moderator **Horrible Customer Service**

So, I have a simple issue with replying to inquiries on my advertisements...I forward my question/concern to the moderator as I'm sure is appropriate and here is the reply I get back..

ME: Why is it that whenever I try to "post-reply" it tells me that I do not have sufficient privlidges? I utilize the PM but I would also like to use the before mentioned option as I should be able to.

FAUNA: From: WebSlave
The Feedback Forum is your friend....

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=249378

ME: "The link provided was inaccessible to me and the part that I could get to just went on-and-on about BOI stuff"....My email reply was: What does this have to do with my question?...can I just get a straight answer without having to decipher the inner-meaning of the boi chat....I just want to do business.

FAUNA: Did you read the thread I provided a link for?

ME: It just ran on with people bitching about the boi...

FAUNA: Read it again, please, and TELL me what the very post in that thread
> that I made SAYS in relation to the problem you contacted me about.

ME: Just forget it...I thought this could be a simple fix but all this back and forth is taking longer than it should have....I wonder though, if I were a contributing member would I receive this level of service?

FAUNA: And yet you continue to waste my time rather than READING and trying to
comprehend the thread I pointed you to. The answer to your original
question is there, but you seem to be having quite some difficulty
grasping it.

Sorry that I am apparently unable to get through to you.

***ANYONE ELSE SEE THAT THIS STARTED OUT CLEAN AND ENDED UGLY....WHAT A &^%$!......THIS MADE MY DECISION NOT TO BE A CONTRIBUTOR VERY EASY....

radera5 06-23-2011 08:18 PM

So in that like "Webslave" provided to you, his FIRST post, the initial post, gives the answer to your original question. Did you read the opening post to the thread "Webslave" linked to you?? They answer is there.

DGreen 06-23-2011 08:20 PM

It took me approx 30 seconds to find the answer to your question...

radera5 06-23-2011 08:23 PM

It would take much longer for "Webslave" to explain why you can not post in the classifieds, than for you to read the link, or even re-read the link to understand.

RobNJ 06-23-2011 08:25 PM

Well this is a pretty silly gripe. The third sentence of the 4th paragraph of the link you were sent to read says it pretty clearly. IMO, it would have been much simpler had you just read the thread you were given the link to, and not insisted on getting your answer directly from the guy that runs this site. I think he supplied you with all that was necessary for you to figure out your initial question on your own. Instead you decided to waste space and time by starting this thread.

zoologicalpets 06-23-2011 08:30 PM

It's not a matter of whether the link was accurate or not...its a matter of customer service....and to Robn....if you think this is wasting your time, dont read it..nobody is forcing you to.

To everyone else, if you're ok being talked to this way then I guess I am wasting my time...I would NEVER talk to a customer this way.

KelliH 06-23-2011 08:35 PM

Customer service? You are not WebSlave's customer. You are someone that utilizes his website to make money by selling your products and animals here.

The answer to your question is stickied as an announcement in every section of the classifieds.

radera5 06-23-2011 08:35 PM

You were only talked to like this AFTER you were sent the answer to your question.
As others have said 30 seconds of reading you would have had your answer, but you decide (for some reason) you MUST get the answer from "Webslave's" mouth rather than his link. You did this to yourself IMO!
Also I think Robert was ALSO saying you wasted valuable space on the website.

TripleMoonsExotic 06-23-2011 08:35 PM

Were you purchasing a product from Fauna? No? Then it's not customer service.

Posting is a privilege, not a right or something you pay for. The owner of this website (Webslave) and the moderators aren't hear to hold your hand. He provided you a link to the answer to your question, you didn't bother to read it. That's your fault.

pbflash 06-23-2011 08:37 PM

How are you a customer? You're not purchasing anything from fauna or paying for a service. You're using a free service. Webslave gave you the answer. He doesn't deserve a BOI thread because you were too lazy to read it.

radera5 06-23-2011 08:37 PM

I could not agree more^

defcon222 06-23-2011 08:38 PM

That's just it, you're NOT a customer, you're a visitor. Maybe if you donate/purchase a subscriptions/benefits package, he'd take the time to answer your question directly (even though it's clearly explained in the thread).

You could argue that this would have negative impact on people deciding to purchase anything for/from this site, but then again, many of those are just tire-kickers anyways.

RobNJ 06-23-2011 08:52 PM

Even those of us who are contributors to this site are not customers. We willingly choose to contribute to help the site run at maximum efficiency. Yes, there are extra privileges given to those who decide to contribute, but we are still not customers. I would in no way expect Rich(Webslave) to personally explain to me something that he provided a sufficient link for that would answer my question to begin with.

tenchu 06-23-2011 08:53 PM

This is a classic case of you just didn't feel like reading and rather have the answer spoon fed to you.

But on the other hand if he is a mod. he could of just answered the guys question directly. I personally think the mods are not only here to just guide us but to answer questions related to the site directly?

this situation should not have even made it here.

I have had good experiences with the mods here so far and been pleased with their service to the forum. :thumbsup:

bpsandmore 06-23-2011 08:56 PM

The Mods are pretty straight forward with there answers and such. I wouldn't type up a whole other sheet of rules for anyone when I can just link one that is already up for everyone to read in the forums and classifieds they have enough to do! And paid members get treated like everyone else!!!!

Abby 06-23-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoologicalpets (Post 1305629)
It's not a matter of whether the link was accurate or not...its a matter of customer service....and to Robn....if you think this is wasting your time, dont read it..nobody is forcing you to.

To everyone else, if you're ok being talked to this way then I guess I am wasting my time...I would NEVER talk to a customer this way.

As everyone else pointed out, you're not a customer. Also, you were provided with your answer right off the bat - just because you were too dense to read it isn't his fault. The mods here have way more important things to attend to than typing out the same information over and over again. That is why there is the feedback forum and stickied threads at the top of every classifieds section. If you choose not to read those, that's your problem.

You can take a horse to water... :rolleyes:

East_Coast 06-23-2011 09:10 PM

Matthew... Let me know how this works out for you.

Very smooth.

Good luck...

Show Me 06-23-2011 09:11 PM

Wow talk about impatient. Oh by the way your quoted bad words in your first post which is against the rules.

WebSlave 06-23-2011 09:14 PM

Let's see, I have an announcement posted at the top of the classifieds section pointing out to members what has taken place concerning the change in replying to classifieds. I have also posted a notice in the Feedback Forum (which SHOULD be the first place people check if they have a question about how things work (or don't work) on this site. And this guy STILL couldn't (or wouldn't try) to figure it out.

So he some to me (like many others have) to ask what the problem is. And I replied with a link to the thread in the Feedback Forum (just like I did for everyone else who asked), and he STILL could not figure it out.

Did I not use words that were easily understandable? Did I try to apply concepts that the average person would not be able to figure out?

Why did I fail to reach this guy with my explanation? What was do tough about my original reply?

Lucille 06-23-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoologicalpets (Post 1305622)

***ANYONE ELSE SEE THAT THIS STARTED OUT CLEAN AND ENDED UGLY....WHAT A &^%$!......THIS MADE MY DECISION NOT TO BE A CONTRIBUTOR VERY EASY....

"zoologicalpets has not made any friends yet"

Surprise, surprise :rolleyes_

David Scarboro 06-23-2011 09:26 PM

Thank You Matthew!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoologicalpets (Post 1305629)

The next time someone here accuses ME of jumping to conclusions, I can refer them to THIS thread:rofl:

WebSlave 06-23-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

So, I have a simple issue with replying to inquiries on my advertisements...I forward my question/concern to the moderator as I'm sure is appropriate and here is the reply I get back..

ME: Why is it that whenever I try to "post-reply" it tells me that I do not have sufficient privlidges? I utilize the PM but I would also like to use the before mentioned option as I should be able to.

FAUNA: From: WebSlave
The Feedback Forum is your friend....

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=249378

ME: "The link provided was inaccessible to me and the part that I could get to just went on-and-on about BOI stuff"....My email reply was: What does this have to do with my question?...can I just get a straight answer without having to decipher the inner-meaning of the boi chat....I just want to do business.

FAUNA: Did you read the thread I provided a link for?

ME: It just ran on with people bitching about the boi...

FAUNA: Read it again, please, and TELL me what the very post in that thread
> that I made SAYS in relation to the problem you contacted me about.

ME: Just forget it...I thought this could be a simple fix but all this back and forth is taking longer than it should have....I wonder though, if I were a contributing member would I receive this level of service?

FAUNA: And yet you continue to waste my time rather than READING and trying to
comprehend the thread I pointed you to. The answer to your original
question is there, but you seem to be having quite some difficulty
grasping it.

Sorry that I am apparently unable to get through to you.

Sorry fella, but that highlighted quote above was NOT in your correspondence to me. This is just something you threw in here that you pulled out of thin air. Please don't try to make it appear that the reason behind your further correspondence was because you could not access that thread. Either you did not read it, or else you read it but did not comprehend what I was saying there.

I have copies of those emails too, remember.

And just to make this complete, here's the emails that took place after you last one quoted above:

Quote:

Quote:

> On 6/23/2011 7:31 PM, slidellreptilerescue@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Your customer service is horrible...is this seriously how you treat people on your site....quite frankly I'm surprised by it and it comes at a great time when I was considering being a contributor....
>> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
On 6/23/2011 8:33 PM, WebSlave wrote:
> My service is horrible? You asked a question, I pointed you to the thread in the Feedback Forum about this change (not to mention that every classifieds section has an announcement about this same issue, which ALSO seems to have eluded you), and YOU still can't figure it out and blame ME for that?
>
> Whatever......
>

David Scarboro 06-23-2011 09:30 PM

I am headed off at 3:30 in the morning for a long anticipated herping trip to KY. I think Matthew may beat me out of town.:dgrin:

Matt2979 06-23-2011 09:30 PM

Dang Rich...you're such a trouble maker! I can't believe you wouldn't explain it to each and every one of us, every time we ask...even though it's posted EVERYWHERE!!! :shrug01: (To the OP--that's sarcasm ;))

WebSlave 06-23-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt2979 (Post 1305665)
Dang Rich...you're such a trouble maker! I can't believe you wouldn't explain it to each and every one of us, every time we ask...even though it's posted EVERYWHERE!!! :shrug01: (To the OP--that's sarcasm ;))

I guess they don't call me "Big Meanie" for nothing..... :thumbsup:

RobNJ 06-23-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Scarboro (Post 1305664)
I am headed off at 3:30 in the morning for a long anticipated herping trip to KY. I think Matthew may beat me out of town.:dgrin:

:rofl:...This was DEFINITELY not a wise choice of battles.

hhmoore 06-23-2011 10:02 PM

So we are nearly 3 weeks into this change, and I still get at least a few of these daily. I have answered every one of them by suggesting that the sender read the announcement that is posted in each section of the classifieds or check the Fauna Feedback Forum, saying that the situation is fully explained in both places.
Some members probably do feel slighted by that type of response....but I suspect that they might understand it a little better if they were the ones that had received the barrage of PMs asking a question that is answered, publicly, in the two most obvious and relevant places. If I were to type out an explanation to each one I received, it would have morphed into something quite abbreviated, without much in the way of background or explanation , in pretty short order....at least this way, everybody gets the same response; and it is one that pretty thoroughly answers the question.

Lucille 06-23-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

MY DECISION NOT TO BE A CONTRIBUTOR

I'm still focussing on the nerve of you bustling in here and making a big deal about not being a contributor. I was curious so went and looked back at your posts, there are pages of buying, selling and trading. The first ad I saw from you was a package of snakes you advertised here for $5000 and sold.

So you took advantage of all these free services, obviously have made a bundle advertising here, and then have the cojones to publicly state you are not going to contribute to the very site that has helped you. Why? Because you wouldn't read a few explanatory paragraphs?

Feh. Frankly I don't care that you've sold stuff, it will be a cold day in you know where before I put money in your pocket by buying anything from you.
If you behave in this manner with the very place that helps you, who knows what you would pull if ever encountered a genuine difficulty in a transaction.

Show Me 06-23-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucille (Post 1305687)
I'm still focussing on the nerve of you bustling in here and making a big deal about not being a contributor. I was curious so went and looked back at your posts, there are pages of buying, selling and trading. The first ad I saw from you was a package of snakes you advertised here for $5000 and sold.

So you took advantage of all these free services, obviously have made a bundle advertising here, and then have the cojones to publicly state you are not going to contribute to the very site that has helped you. Why? Because you wouldn't read a few explanatory paragraphs?

Feh. Frankly I don't care that you've sold stuff, it will be a cold day in you know where before I put money in your pocket by buying anything from you.
If you behave in this manner with the very place that helps you, who knows what you would pull if ever encountered a genuine difficulty in a transaction.

Note to self, never piss Lucille off. :yesnod: I don't think this post went the direction he was expecting...is that whimpering I hear?

Pasodama 06-23-2011 10:25 PM

Wow, starting this BOI thread was so petty/unnecessary.
The answer, to the OP's question, is in the very first post at the link provided.
Why should Rich have to re-write an explanation? Answer is that he shouldn't have to. If he were to have to re-write it (or copy/paste), for every person who asks, that would be an unnecessary waste of a lot of time/effort.
Rich replied and gave the link... he did all that was "required" (although, if the OP had cared to look, the answer, to his question, is at the top of all classifieds).
It is not so difficult to take the time to read the very first post at the link that was provided (which is easily understood) ... not any more time than reading it in a PM.
Also, if the OP (as he states) can see/read the replies, at that thread/link, he can ~certainly~ see/read the first post (contrary to what he alleges)!
Then, the OP drags it on, with Rich,.... and has the nerve to try turning it around, on Rich, about its being dragged on.
Give me a break.

Pasodama 06-23-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucille (Post 1305687)

Regardless of whether it is a place that has helped him, or not, this thought crossed my mind as well. It does make one wonder and, thus, not want to take the chance in finding out.

scaledverts 06-23-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Show Me (Post 1305691)
Note to self, never piss Lucille off. :yesnod: I don't think this post went the direction he was expecting...is that whimpering I hear?

:iagree::rofl:

Dennis Hultman 06-23-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhmoore (Post 1305685)
So we are nearly 3 weeks into this change, and I still get at least a few of these daily. I have answered every one of them by suggesting that the sender read the announcement that is posted in each section of the classifieds or check the Fauna Feedback Forum, saying that the situation is fully explained in both places.
Some members probably do feel slighted by that type of response....but I suspect that they might understand it a little better if they were the ones that had received the barrage of PMs asking a question that is answered, publicly, in the two most obvious and relevant places. If I were to type out an explanation to each one I received, it would have morphed into something quite abbreviated, without much in the way of background or explanation , in pretty short order....at least this way, everybody gets the same response; and it is one that pretty thoroughly answers the question.

Private messages, emails and even asking me on other forums. How many duplicate threads started in the feedback section?

People ask why this change was needed and why we can't just penalize the few that break the rules on this site? This thread is a testament. You see how many people who can't read the announcement in each and every classified section. Those that can't read the threads about it already and start another one. Those same people can't be bothered to read the rules on this site either and end up getting infractions before they even take the time to get a feel for what is acceptable on the forum.

As to the thread starter here, Who the heck do you think you are? What have you contributed to this site and what does anyone here owe YOU?

I really hate this entitlement mentality. What service are you paying for again? You are using this site for free. I'm sorry we aren't giving enough to you.

ShadowAceD 06-23-2011 10:52 PM

I am curious ... aside fromt he clearly comedic aspect of this ...
just wondering why this thread is still here.

Does this BOI Thread actually follow the rules of the BOI (i.e. full name on the title)?

Show Me 06-23-2011 11:01 PM

I'm sure the guy wants it down now, so I say keep it up. I think there should be a expection to the rules every now and then. LOL

reticguy76 06-23-2011 11:04 PM

wow, shows how board i really am, i just read all four pages of this. so, thought i might as well comment since im here.

Elizabeth Minton 06-23-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman (Post 1305708)

I really hate this entitlement mentality. What service are you paying for again? You are using this site for free. I'm sorry we aren't giving enough to you.

just putting this in... im not on anyone side and not sure if this is what he meant exactly but i read through this whole thread and i think what the person was saying was that he had concidered becoming a contributor and supporting the site until this whole thing happened.

Thats his choice but it does sound like he jumped the gun a little.

charmer 06-23-2011 11:07 PM

Wow...

Quote:

Originally Posted by reticguy76 (Post 1305728)
wow, shows how board i really am, i just read all four pages of this. so, thought i might as well comment since im here.

Haha! So did I.... and I have nothing to add that hasn't been said, except maybe "Wow".

reticguy76 06-23-2011 11:10 PM

and i meant "bored" not board.

as soon as i saw the op's post, i shoulda just went away, but it was like a bad accident, i had to keep browsing just to see how bad the op would get ripped

hhmoore 06-23-2011 11:10 PM

It is his choice....of course, if he was already considering becoming a contributor, and if posting responses in the classifieds is that important to him, the answer seems pretty clear.