FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   WARNING! "David Phillip" offshore SCAM (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655479)

BITE Stuff 05-12-2018 02:43 PM

WARNING! "David Phillip" offshore SCAM

"David Phillip" uses "adamsbraown67@gmail.com"

His 1st message...

"Still up for sale? let me know the final price"

Then when I asked which species, quantities, & shipping address? he replied...

"Great!. I'm going on a business trip but I will instruct my assistant to prepare and mail your payment which I'm sure you will get in about 2-3 days business days. I'll add $40 extra for the delay. I'll pay by M O or cashier check so send me your info (i.e full name, mailing address and your phone number) so payment can be mailed out immediately. I will also make arrangement for pick-up which will be after you must have received and cashed the payment.Awaiting your info."

***Notice, he did not reply to the questions at all. Scams like this try to generous send money orders (including shipping) which can take 2 weeks to clear. Then they ask you to pay the shipping to a shipping company of their choice - quickly before the money order clears, because they want whatever you are selling quickly. Then you never hear from them, or the shipping company again - no one picks-up anything from you, but your bank will contact you later to inform you that the money order didn't clear, & now you're out the $$$ you paid to the "shipping company".

blueboost68 05-12-2018 03:16 PM

Yep this guy has been working it.

John Wilson adamsbraown67@gmail.com SCAM

blueboost68 05-12-2018 03:17 PM

And quiet a few other names.

Patrick@ColorfulCreatures 05-12-2018 10:21 PM

I've received quite a few from these guys

Prognathodon 05-14-2018 11:03 AM

This is an old, old scam, which has been used on people selling all kinds of things for years - send a message about unspecified thing, then try to suck you into a money order scam, usually with the overpayment variation included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LIZARDAL 05-27-2018 03:53 PM

Had this guy use the same scam to me LIZARDGECKIAL@GMAIL.COM

LIZARDAL 05-27-2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIZARDAL (Post 2077897)
Had this guy use the same scam to me LIZARDGECKIAL@GMAIL.COM

WILL REPORT HIM TO THE POST OFFICE INVESTIGATOR ,I FILED A A COMPLAINT,WHEN I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY CHECK IN MY MAIL BOX, EVEN THOUGH THE POST OFFICE SAID IT WAS DELIVERED, MAYBE THE MAILMAN IS IN ON IT,EITHER WAY I WILL SPEAK TO INVESTIGATOR AND FILL HIM ON THIS SCAM

Big Time Reptiles 05-27-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BITE Stuff (Post 2075086)
"David Phillip" uses "adamsbraown67@gmail.com"

His 1st message...

"Still up for sale? let me know the final price"

Then when I asked which species, quantities, & shipping address? he replied...

"Great!. I'm going on a business trip but I will instruct my assistant to prepare and mail your payment which I'm sure you will get in about 2-3 days business days. I'll add $40 extra for the delay. I'll pay by M O or cashier check so send me your info (i.e full name, mailing address and your phone number) so payment can be mailed out immediately. I will also make arrangement for pick-up which will be after you must have received and cashed the payment.Awaiting your info."

***Notice, he did not reply to the questions at all. Scams like this try to generous send money orders (including shipping) which can take 2 weeks to clear. Then they ask you to pay the shipping to a shipping company of their choice - quickly before the money order clears, because they want whatever you are selling quickly. Then you never hear from them, or the shipping company again - no one picks-up anything from you, but your bank will contact you later to inform you that the money order didn't clear, & now you're out the $$$ you paid to the "shipping company".

There was a thread already started on this scam artist.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655869

Lynn Peterson

Big Time Reptiles

LIZARDAL 05-27-2018 08:38 PM

thats him DAVID PHILLP HE SAID HIS ADDRESS IS [NAEEMAH POLHILL] 453 WESTMINISTER RD WENONAH,NJ 08090 SIC CHECK OUT THE NAME IN FRONT OF ADDRESS NAEEMAH SOUNDS NIGERIAN HE IS ON GOOGLE +