FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Business Discussions (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I haev a bussiness oppourtinity for anyone!!! (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1951)

P120_Cartman 10-29-2002 06:45 PM

I am in need of a female albino ball, i have an axthantic i want to try to produce some snows as you all realize that will take yrs however well worth the pay off!! I have the next 4 yrs to do this i can send u something i value dearly such as my siser lol no seriously anything i have for sale you can ever breed them while there are in your possessiona nd keep all the profit but i want to be notified when they breed and how many r layed or hatch.

No this is for real!!

NEWReptiles 10-29-2002 07:51 PM

How old is your sister?

Wieght?

Hieght?

Seamus Haley 10-29-2002 08:51 PM

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am in need of a female albino ball, i have an axthantic i want to try to produce some snows </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Since crossing an amelanistic animal with an axanthic animal will just produce animals that are het for both traits, in order to get the final &quot;Snow&quot; morph lacking both the melanin and the xanthin you'd need to cross the offspring to one another which would give you approximately 1/4 the clutch displaying the desired trait... Which is just inbreeding &nbsp;and, while reptiles don't show the effects &nbsp;as quickly as most mammals, it's not acceptable.

Perhaps I have you confused with another young kid who can't or won't spell correctly and seemingly goes insane with the shift key on occasion but... Weren't you having a number of problems keeping reptiles in general? Why would you even attempt to undertake this project? The fact that you &nbsp;either don't think you need more animals that posses the traits or seem to feel that inbreeding is acceptable just shows that you don't have the ethical mentality that should be in place before any breeding takes place...

There's a thread on this board Entitled &quot;Breeding, What animals?&quot; I suggest you read it as it applies to you every bit as much as the original poster who was asking for advice.

Doing something RIGHT is more important than doing it fast or doing it easy. I may need to add that to my signature.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i can send u something i value dearly </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Why would anyone trust you enough to send you their animal? You &nbsp;do not come across as being very trustworthy for a few reasons... I certainly wouldn't trust anyone who was giving themselves four years to inbreed offspring for &nbsp;a fairly limited payoff and a lot of possible double hets. I also wouldn't trust anyone who communicates so poorly, there is ANOTHER thread entitled &quot;First Rule of Buisness, How to &nbsp;Succeed&quot; &nbsp;that you should read as well.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">anything i have for sale you can ever breed them while there are in your possessiona nd keep all the profit </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

So what you are suggesting is either a trade or a breeding loan... Again I ask you, what do you offer that would prompt anyone to consider giving you a &nbsp;fairly &nbsp;expensive animal for &nbsp;an extended duration (Although you &nbsp;wouldn't need it for four years unless you screw up the initial clutch provided &nbsp;you still intend to inbreed the het animals the original crossing would produce) &nbsp;when you communicate so poorly and seem to have such a minimal grasp on the genetics involved? &nbsp;Especially when you do not offer the offspring of this proposed breeding as compensation as would be normal for a breeding loan... but instead offer... &quot;Het Snow Boas&quot; without any proof because you &quot;lost the paperwork&quot;, D'alberts, A &quot;Pastel Ball&quot; which is an enormously dubious &quot;morph&quot; as it's a quantitative trait rather than a simple dominant/recessive which is &quot;probably stolen&quot; and some Mandrin rats &nbsp;and no pictures of any of them... Might I say, Not bloody likely &nbsp;anyone would want any of that nonsense. Not in exchange for their healthy animal that they could use to produce neonates themselves...

And lastly... Since you're essentially offering a trade or asking for a breeding loan... WHY DID YOU POST THIS HERE RATHER THAN IN THE WANTED OR TRADE FORUMS?!

To those who once critisized me for saying that I didn't like kids much and lectured me on &quot;The Future of the Industry&quot;...

If this is the future of the industry, then they can have it. I'll start collecting stamps rather than deal with this kind of ignorance. It's certainly not all young people... and certainly there are adults who perform similar actions but the display of this kind of attitude makes me want to &nbsp;write nasty letters to my local school board and stop paying taxes until they fix these kids. I'm certainly not perfect with the way I write, but I can generally be understood without three minutes of staring at nonsense and having to try and figure out what it would be phonetically only to have the reader discover I'm asking for something ridiculous.

It's acceptable to lack information or knowledge in specific fields but the individuals lacking that knowledge tend to avoid that area... I would never try to fly a plane because I have no experience or education that would allow me to do it properly. There seems to me a disturbing trend for people to attempt things with animals that they simply do not have the background to do properly... They know this, they acknowledge it but they continue onward pigheadedly despite overwhelming advice reccomending they stop or begin in the proper manner... In this field, the only thing that suffers for it is the animals. What these individuals should do is take up amateur aircraft &nbsp;building... if they go about it the same &nbsp;way they approach herps, the problem will cease to exist in fairly &nbsp;short order.

The BoidSmith 10-29-2002 09:55 PM

Patrick,

Who did you buy the axhantic from? Is it from a proven line?

Best regards,

Daniel

Lucas Denning 10-29-2002 10:14 PM

Seamus,
I think you may be thinking of the kid who had all kinds of problems with keeping leopard geckos, and is still trying to get more herps. Despite everyone telling him he shouldn't.
&nbsp;
This is the kid that claims to have bred African Rock Pythons, among others back when he was 12. &nbsp;I posted that I was skeptical as to whether or not this actually happened. &nbsp;I believe you posted in that thread as well. &nbsp;Anyway, I agree with most of what you said. &nbsp;Patrick, what you're asking is ridiculous....
Lucas

P.S. &nbsp;I'm 19, and I really have to agree with ya. &nbsp;I don't think that my entire generation is destined for failure. &nbsp;I know a lot of really smart people. &nbsp;And, I also know some smart, honest people that are in to reptiles. &nbsp;But, a lot of idiots around my age do seem to have aspirations as reptile breeders/brokers/killers/stealers.....

Neil Gubitz 10-30-2002 12:10 AM

Seamus.... don't sugar-coat it? Tell him straight! lol

Did I write that thread and send it to you???

I deal with these kids all day long.... I can't tell you how many people walk in the store and ask me for &quot;One Mice, Please?&quot;.... and you wonder why I'm bald??? One lady asked me for a &quot;Small Jumbo Rat&quot;.... when I said to her that that was a great oxymoron.... she thought I was cursing at her??? It's really disgusting.... it's turning into a society that will only speak Ebonics, even for Americans, English is becoming a foreign language! I'm just glad I'm old!

....Neil

Lucas Denning 10-30-2002 12:53 AM

That's not ebonics. &nbsp;That's ignorance. &nbsp;Is &quot;ebonics&quot; supposed to be capitalized? &nbsp;lol

Neil Gubitz 10-30-2002 09:04 AM

Lucas.... didn't you hear about the Ebonics Beauty Pageant that was held last week??? Yeah, they were only able to get 49 States, because nobody wanted to wear I-DA-HO !!! lmao

....Neil

Iguanachic 10-30-2002 11:38 AM

Not all young ones are ignorant to the facts.I myself am only 20 and I have had a few sucessful breedings.But I must also say without relying on the older generation of herp lovers I would have failed miserably.They have saved my behind plenty of times from tough situations.Im just hoping one day Im the one giving the advice.

Seamus Haley 10-30-2002 11:59 AM

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not all young ones are ignorant to the facts.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

I said it in the original post but it was buried... and then a &nbsp;young individual I know on AOL reamed me for those statements this morning so...

Not all young people are like this. The ones who are not &nbsp;often go undetected as it were unless they mention their age specifically or you meet them in person. Either way, there are plenty of bright, intelligent young types who can spell and communicate (And type faster than me to yell at me).

After the lecture I got this morning about writing off entire generations, I'm starting to wonder if maybe there are just a few kids from the &quot;special class&quot; who feel a need to wave their ignorance around like a rallying banner, demanding attention to their lack of experience and knowledge.

What's worse is that some seem to be able to become semi-functional adults without correcting these problems.

Again though, I intended no offense to young people in general and I know quite a few who can &quot;out herp&quot; me any day. I simply don't remember these kinds of people getting involved in this kind of activity (which really requires some brains and ethics to do properly) when I was that age and it seems to have crept up underneath me. Those exhibiting these mannerisms may also be simply louder and more noticeable (For instance, I never would have guessed that Lucas was 19) so they seem more numerous than they actually are...

&quot;There are seven of us and only one of him!&quot;
&quot;Yes, I have you outnumbered.&quot;