FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Post Your Baby Dragons. (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292336)

bloodbankdragon 02-10-2012 05:50 PM

His photos have been more accurate since the previous BOI post regarding oversaturation. I have been comfortable even refering people to him. I don't know why he decided to revert back to his old practice with this set of images... Steven Barnes

barbie 02-10-2012 06:09 PM

Honestly I have a couple of the red leather dunners! I see why he did it the pics i got didnt do them justice. It was possibly a bad move considering the replys but hey we are all people and make mistakes. I am am just thankfull to be breeding and working with such great people:)

dden 02-10-2012 06:56 PM

I agree with you Barbie. Steven, I apologize for my remarks. It was never my intention to mislead people. Infact, I never even offered that animal for sale. I was only trying to show how colorful it is in person, so I added saturation to compensate for the overexposure that flourescent lights often cause...

KelliH 02-10-2012 07:50 PM

It's called digital photo processing. Many more serious photographers shoot in RAW format these days and do all of the post image processing in Photoshop or other image editing programs. In general, you can compare it to a modern day darkroom.

Lovely dragons, everybody. I'm waiting on my very first clutch of "non gecko" lizard eggs top hatch over here, so hopefully in about a month I can post in this thread too (fingers crossed!)!

Matt2979 02-10-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliH (Post 1418880)
I'm waiting on my very first clutch of "non gecko" lizard eggs top hatch over here, so hopefully in about a month I can post in this thread too (fingers crossed!)!

Good luck, Kelli!! I've got my first clutch of 2012 in the incubator, but they're only a couple of weeks old. Can't wait to have more pics to share, too!!! :D

Cowabunga 02-11-2012 02:32 AM

Regardless.. Its the first Dunner I have seen that I'd ever buy considering their prices. I think the big thing the "morph" which it really isn't.. brings I think is the change in paterns. As of now, there are no "WOW!" looking dunners based purely on color anyways, its been the'r paterns that have intrigued people. This most recent one is pretty awesome and the first time I think I really appreciated them for what they could offer as far as the future goes..

I hope more is focused on that trait rather than the funky (aka Ugly imo) deformed spikes etc that the normals offer. Its about time we go back to making "designer/fancy dragons" in ways that make them unique.. This solid color cookie cutter dragon phase we are in now I hope passes quickly.

dden 02-11-2012 09:43 AM

I'm with you on that Cowabunga! I couldn't care less about the funky scales. The thing I like is the unusual pattern that they have. The tail stripes are cool, the lack of side bars and dots/stripes on the back are cool, and the spotted legs are cool too...and the pattern stands out even more on the leatherbacks.

DNA Dragons 02-12-2012 09:26 PM

Dunners are awesome, thru and thru. I have yet to meet anyone that does not point first to my dunners and say "This one is my favorite." Even next to striking citruses, reds, etc, dunners are unanimously the most intriguing morph in my dragon room. Dwarfs make steep competition with the dunner in the peoples favorite awards ;)

Dunners are new though, be patient and don't write them off yet, in a couple years there will be a dunner for everybody ;)

I love the spikes and I like that everyone has a different opinion, when everyone does their own thing there is much more variety and passionate hobbyists.

CJ

DNA Dragons 02-12-2012 10:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Cute pictures

GreathouseFarm 02-13-2012 02:05 AM

Sorry I know this post is not abut the Dunners ;) But after seeing these very same animals in person (pictured from Dden) and how much more continuous the lined pattern is that some of the others clutches, it made me think. Leatherback also being a dom/co-dom gene tends to produce more of the same as the parent. To me leathers seem to progress in smoothness as time went on by selection. I think the dunner pattern will just progress further! Also I did see the baby in person and in the interest of fairness it was very close to the original pic (at least on my calibrated monitor) everyones monitors are different ;)