FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Boa Master (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619405)

fitz505 05-12-2017 03:45 PM

Boa Master

4 Attachment(s)
A few weeks ago I ordered 4 custom PVC enclosures for Boa Master, Mark was slow in the production of the tanks so he offered to put them together for the inconvenience. Its been a couple weeks but I've noticed there are screws poking through everywhere and the track for the sliding glass on one of the tanks is coming off. I has originally drawn to Boa Master products because of the price compared to vision and animal plastics and Boa Master has the potential to be a great company but I'm afraid my animals are going to get cut on the screws and my large female boa got out because of the broken track.

Lucille 05-12-2017 04:10 PM

Have you contacted the seller to try to work out a resolution?

gila7150 05-12-2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

I has originally drawn to Boa Master products because of the price compared to vision and animal plastics
Lesson learned unfortunately. Animal Plastics and Vision would never send out that quality of work. I hope they make things right.

Michael Brown 05-12-2017 04:57 PM

My experience with Boa Master (Mark Venhorst) this year was nothing short of a nightmare. He made it “right” with partial refunds throughout the process, but, wow. Every part of the transaction was a massive headache, and I will absolutely never do business with him again. I am in no way shape or form surprised this has happened to you. But, IMO even if you are in a pinch for caging delivered fast, go elsewhere. Save yourself the headache.

Lucille 05-12-2017 05:34 PM

Fitz, did you pay with your credit card or with Paypal?

JColt 05-12-2017 06:24 PM

That is plain sloppy work. He should refund and shipped back on his dime. I would be furious. I'd definitely look into paypal/creditcard resilution.

JColt 05-12-2017 06:25 PM

*resolution*

fitz505 05-12-2017 07:54 PM

Lucille, We paid with card and we have email the seller and I'm waiting for a responce.

GinoInDaBronx 05-12-2017 09:00 PM

that is bush league stuff! i cant believe that he thinks that work is acceptable.

JCCS 05-12-2017 09:22 PM

And you now know why the other places are more expensive. Cheap prices equates to cheap products. Of course some places try to jack people, but generally, if one place is cheaper than all the rest, it's going to be junk.

tlmoon 05-12-2017 11:47 PM

Wow, beyond bad - unsafe! If he doesn't refund you, contact your credit card company.

DLenaRuth999s 05-13-2017 12:52 AM

There are time limits with CC, usually 90 days from POS. This timeframe can sometimes be modified to accommodate preordered, paid-in-advance items. Contact the CC company immediately to make them aware them of the possible problem and find out exactly where you stand with them.

antking117 05-13-2017 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCCS (Post 2000049)
And you now know why the other places are more expensive. Cheap prices equates to cheap products. Of course some places try to jack people, but generally, if one place is cheaper than all the rest, it's going to be junk.

Sadly I have experienced this to many of times.

LauraB 05-13-2017 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCCS (Post 2000049)

Perfectly said. Still, there is NO excuse for that lack of attention to an animal habitat, no matter the animal and no matter if cheaper than the others or not. Epic fail, Boa Master.

Lucille 05-13-2017 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitz505 (Post 2000034)
Lucille, We paid with card and we have email the seller and I'm waiting for a responce.

As others have pointed out, there is always a time frame of one sort or another dealing with either cards or Paypal. It costs nothing to open a case, I suggest you go ahead and open one.
If the seller refunds you can close it once you actually have the refund in your hands. As a side note, sometimes a seller will ask you to close a case prior to refunding, because sometimes those funds are frozen. NEVER do this.

The poor quality in this case is particularly egregious, because the protruding screws into the habitat area itself could cause injury. I'm surprised that anyone claiming to love reptiles could send out a cage like that.

Black Adder 05-13-2017 08:25 AM

Unfortunately I have to concur that you get what you pay for.
I was looking to revamp my room and would be buying approx 20 of 4foot x2 foot x1 foot enclosures.
Obviously Boa Master were the cheapest and times twenty would have made a considerable difference.
So I ordered just one to see how well they were built with the conversation was the explanation that if satisfied I would be ordering 19 more. Mark stated I would be more than happy and tbh he got that first one out to me in under 2 weeks so that was impressive enough.
However the quality was sadly lacking, to start the dimensions were all a good inch or more UNDER the listed size, so 47 inch not 48 inch etc. This on its own made it look odd in the stack with other true 4 foot cages.
The material used was noticably thinner and more prone to bow and sag than others used as well. Now I assembled this myself and that was easy enough and straightforward and no parts were missing or damaged so no complaints there but in general I would say I got what I paid for.

There was no way I was going to order anymore and ended up going with AP whose cages are in a different league for in all honesty not a great deal of dollars more.

Can I say the experience was a nightmare?

No not at all, I did get the tank quickly, it was all there, nothing broken but there is a definite reason they are cheaper than the competition for sure.
And just for me the material quality AND the fact it was not a true 48x24x12 was enough to send me elsewhere regardless of price.

I am not sure how he could have assembled it with the screws sticking through as it is pretty hard to screw it up (pun intended) on assembly unless you are really careless.
Not good at all!

boamaster 05-19-2017 01:48 PM

ill only post one response to this

she never contacted me about a loose track
and or a screw sticking out

and i had delivered these ahead of scheduled due date

which both can be fixed within 5 mins
back the screw out re screw in

and a touch of superglue on the track would fix it
i use 3m double stick foam tape to mount
could have has a bad piece of tape which i dont make
it was tight when i installed it

im not perfect
but i do want everyone to get a great quality cage from me
free from defects at a great price
all my cages are made on a
cnc laser or a cnc onsrud router or a waterjet
all in house
which means they are all within .001 tolerance
the same everytime

call or text me i always take care of my products
ive been making cages for over 15 years.

thank you mark venhorst

AllisonLeigh 05-19-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitz505 (Post 2000034)

Can you provide a screenshot of the sent email since this detail is being disputed? Not siding with one party or the other, it's just definitely easier to prove that someone sent an email than it is to prove they didn't.

Lucille 05-19-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boamaster (Post 2001446)

If it was that easy to fix it, why didn't you do so? The cage as delivered (you have not disputed the pictures) was dangerous to critters. It should have never left your hands looking like that, especially as you claim it was such an easy fix.

Black Adder 05-19-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boamaster (Post 2001446)
ill only post one response to this

she never contacted me about a loose track
and or a screw sticking out

and a touch of superglue on the track would fix it
i use 3m double stick foam tape to mount
could have has a bad piece of tape which i dont make
it was tight when i installed it

im not perfect
but i do want everyone to get a great quality cage from me
free from defects at a great price
all my cages are made on a
cnc laser or a cnc onsrud router or a waterjet
all in house
which means they are all within .001 tolerance
the same everytime

call or text me i always take care of my products
ive been making cages for over 15 years.

thank you mark venhorst

I will admit for anybody remotely handy it is a simple quick job to back the offending screws out and reseat them THROUGH the walls not into fresh air.
Also yes a dab or two of superglue would probably have fixed the track too.
However not everybody is handy, always springs to mind the old saying that common sense is the least common of all senses.
And of course there is NO WAY it should ever have been shipped with screws sticking into the enclose.
Sloppy work and no qc check before it was shipped for sure.
The track I could overlook as I have had some poor 3m double backed tape before( in fact I screw my tracks down as well with very small screws right into the recess of the track, but like I said not everybody is handy!)
Was a potential danger to the critters going into it as shipped and that is inexcusable....

ScaleOnUpReptiles 05-21-2017 01:14 PM

My experience with boa master wasn't that great either. Mostly due to lack of communication and delayed completion dates. I bought an incubator from them and I'm not that unhappy with it but for how long it took, and the price, I was expecting better (was my first incubator i "bought"). I had to modify a few panels because they weren't cut correctly and had to fix massive air gaps around the door. All in all i still have the incubator as a backup unit and will probably keep it for a long time, but i will never buy another one.

meowmeowkazoo 05-21-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucille (Post 2000115)
I'm surprised that anyone claiming to love reptiles could send out a cage like that.

It's been clear to me since seeing other threads about the animals he has sent out, that he does not care about reptiles. This is why I will never buy anything from him again.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=522959&page=3