FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Gorgeous Black Throat Monitor-New Pics!!! (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329171)

mialma09 07-08-2012 11:05 PM

Gorgeous Black Throat Monitor-New Pics!!!

4 Attachment(s)
Heres my awesome black throat monitor, I just recently joined this forum but thought I'd share some pics. He loves bath time so he just passes out and chills out in the water. He is 1 year and 7 months and already at 5ft 2in hahaha.

Offkillter1 07-09-2012 01:33 AM

Gonna need a bigger tub.

Dana C 07-09-2012 11:39 AM

Mine loves his bath as well. It also is a great time to trim nails as he is very forgiving in the bath.

mialma09 07-09-2012 12:49 PM

Yaa I always trim his nails when he is taking a bath

mialma09 07-09-2012 01:01 PM

Black Throat on the balcony

3 Attachment(s)
He loves the balcony lol...

azeppelinfan 07-15-2012 02:29 PM

Okay. I am new to Monitors, I have an Ackie and don't have any issues handling him, but that guy is a bit intimidating, it looks like it could eat a cat. How do you handle it?

mialma09 07-19-2012 05:15 AM

Awhhh man rocky is my dude lol. Had him since he was a little pup about a month 1/2 and I had him for a little over a year with no other animals so me and my wife spent a huge amount of time taking him to the park and letting him swim in our pool and i give him a bath once a week with really warm water he loves it. But to answere ur ??? I routinley clip his nails and walk him on the concrete and pavement around my house to keep them dulled but man are they still powerful. wont shread u up at all but still a 29 pound reptile especially a monitor does damage without even trying. and he is super tame he plays with me and i semi target trained him along with the fact if he wants natural sun i just open my slider and his cage an he walks out to the balcony and chills. He is by far the dopest monitor I have ever met including all the ones ive held and met at all the reptile shows and pet stores.

mialma09 07-19-2012 05:18 AM

And also about ur question with the cat he is so tame that my wife had a kitten before we gave it to a friend because we moved but her and rocky would lay down and the kitten would cuddle on top of him. he never cared and even when the kitten would walk in the cage, rock would look at her then lie back down never tried to bite or whip at her

azeppelinfan 07-20-2012 04:23 AM

Super impressive bud.....I really like the idea of him swimming in a pool!! How much does he eat??

mialma09 07-22-2012 02:53 AM

This dude eats me outta house and home lol.. I kinda over feed him but then again not really because he is always out moving about. Monday and Wednesday I will feed him multiple jenny-o super lean ground turkey just a big ball of it and i mix in a crocodile/monitor carnivore mix kinda looks like dogfood but def doesnt smell like it and also miner-all powder and repashy super pig then fridays between 8-10 pre killed mice that i buy live and i will knock against the cage to stun them. he will eat F/T mice too but he goes after the ones i pre kill in front of him a lot more aggressively dunno why he just likes em more. and i also bring him out and give him 1 or 2 raw eggs on the days i dont make the food or give him mice..