FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Herp Talk (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=609)
-   -   Leucistic Contortrix (NEW) (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702022)

bluewaterlife 09-11-2019 06:42 AM

Leucistic Contortrix (NEW)

2 Attachment(s)
A recent wild caught agkistrodon contortrix was caught out of Far East Texas.
Absolutely one of the most beautiful specimens in my opinion. Eating well, and doing great in captivity.

Beyond GenetiX 09-11-2019 07:17 AM

That is a beauty! How long has it been in captivity?

bluewaterlife 09-11-2019 07:26 AM

I’ve had it for a little while. She’s doing perfectly fine in captivity.

LauraB 09-11-2019 10:36 PM

Wow! Quite a find! Congrats.

WebSlave 09-11-2019 11:14 PM

I'm glad I never found something like that out in the wild. I might have just quickly grabbed it without stopping to think, "Hey, I wonder if this thing is something venomous?" Especially if it was on the move and I had to either grab it or lose it. There would have been little, if any, visual cues to alert me as to what species it actually is.

Neat looking animal, in any event.

NWfancyscales 09-15-2019 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 2163911)
I'm glad I never found something like that out in the wild. I might have just quickly grabbed it without stopping to think, "Hey, I wonder if this thing is something venomous?" Especially if it was on the move and I had to either grab it or lose it. There would have been little, if any, visual cues to alert me as to what species it actually is.

Neat looking animal, in any event.

This species isnt known to be very aggressive, in fact even when being defensive they tend to make more warning strikes with very very mild amounts of venom or completely dry bites. That said, their venom isn't very severe unless said person has an allergic reaction to the venom. I still personally would probably try to catch it but be dumb enough to do it bare handed. But copperheads generally have a very docile demeanor. I dont mess around with venomous snakes as anything classified as part of the viper family is strictly banned in my state, but if they weren't venomous or were legal I would love to have them as a species I keep.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Randall Turner 09-16-2019 12:26 AM

Wow, this is pretty awesome. I am with Rich, as I'd likely get myself in trouble grabbing first without even thinking ahead of time.

CB Reptiles 09-16-2019 01:18 PM

Whoa! Some crazy and wild morphs are being caught this year across the board. Wanna say 3 or 4 other ones in garters and racers

Ntfa 08-26-2020 12:19 PM

That is going to be an awesome.line to develop what would the hets look like amazing.