FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Axanthic x Red Coastal Project (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621955)

RAD_Reptiles 06-04-2017 05:48 PM

Axanthic x Red Coastal Project

2 Attachment(s)
These two animals will hopefully be the start of a selective breeding project to refine a stunning line of Red Axanthic Coastal Carpet Pythons! Still a few years off, but I like the way they look together! What do you think?

john.beck.3133 06-04-2017 09:14 PM

Really liking the looks of that pairing.Something about axanthic 's that really catch my interest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAD_Reptiles 06-04-2017 09:50 PM

Thanks! Axanthic is my absolute favorite carpet python mutation. They look good in photos, but in person they're stunning!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Mikesss 06-10-2017 08:56 AM

I picked up a pure Coastal red phase Jag het Axanthic that I'm thinking of pairing with my Zebra het Axanthic. I like the "red" idea but my only issue is messing up the pure Coastal line.

RAD_Reptiles 06-10-2017 08:57 AM

No worries Mike, reds are coastals

RAD_Reptiles 06-10-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john.beck.3133 (Post 2005020)
Really liking the looks of that pairing.Something about axanthic 's that really catch my interest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks John! Axanthic coastals are hands down my favorite mutation.

Mikesss 06-10-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAD_Reptiles (Post 2006234)
No worries Mike, reds are coastals

Yeah I know but mixing my pure Coastal red jag het Axanthic with my Zebra het Axanthic would mess up the pure Coastal line with the babies. To be honest I love the Carpet projects more for looks over purity but then i also understand and agree with both ideas of Carpet looks and keeping Carpet pureness. Because I agree with both that's my complex I'm having with breeding a pure to a non-pure.

RAD_Reptiles 06-10-2017 09:18 AM

Oh shoot, I totally glossed over that and was thinking you were worried the red wasn't coastal. Apologies man

RAD_Reptiles 06-10-2017 09:19 AM

But breed what you like! As long as you accurately represent the offspring there isn't any issue in my opinion

Mikesss 06-10-2017 09:35 AM

I absolutly agree with breeding what you like and would never represent the offspring incorrectly. The original breeder(Mutton) put the work into keeping my Coastal red jag pure. Now I'm debating on messing that up or reselling her. I did pick up a Caramel Zebra het Axanthic to replace her already. BUT more females sure don't hurt anything.