FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Business Discussions (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   STARTING NEW REPTILE BUSINESS! (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655580)

KamikazeLlama 05-13-2018 09:50 PM

STARTING NEW REPTILE BUSINESS!

I'm going to be starting my first reptile business soon and I would like some input as to what I should stay with. Any help is appreciated! It doesn't matter to me what kind as I love reptiles and have kept quite a few in the past, but I recently moved and we couldn't get the ranks over in a timely manner and had to sell my pets. You can reach me by PM, message on this thread, heimanalex22@gmail.com, or 402-640-9656(text preferred) thanks again

eric561 05-13-2018 10:34 PM

Without any further information, my best recommendation is to pursue an area that you are extremely passionate about. Do as much homework as possible, meet people who are involved with your area of interest...both online and in person, and do the right thing...even if you lose $ in the short term.

TeefMissing 05-23-2018 08:55 PM

Are you trying to start a store front, or a website? Both require different marketing and business plans.

Surreal Reptiles 05-23-2018 09:41 PM

Website

Surreal Reptiles 05-23-2018 09:42 PM

This is my computer account

Lucille 05-25-2018 08:07 AM

After you decide what to sell, but before you actually sell anything:

Create a good solid TOS to cover situations which may arise and decide what sort of guarantee you want to give and spell that out in the TOS
Investigate forms of payment and decide which you will accept
Give some thought to advertising

Good luck!

Ed Clark 07-12-2018 10:27 AM

Alex, here's a little direction maybe it can help.

Find a species that you like a whole lot and breed them,such as bearded dragons,corn snakes or anything easy to start with stick with them and try to be the best you can be.

Avoid buying cheap imports for a quick flip, it will not benefit you in the long run.

To start you will have to work a regular job to keep the cash flowing. as your collection of breeders grows things will start to get easier as far as the enjoyment of breeding and being able to make good bucks and that will allow you to purchase more equipment such as racks and cages.

It's never easy but it can be alot of fun.

theycallmeRP 07-20-2018 01:16 AM

I would also like to start my own business as well, good luck to you. Me personally I've been researching as much as possible looking at animal husbandry, biology books, and researching small business in general.

Does anyone have recommendations on how to get established with boards like here or the Facebook groups? Any tips on building a solid reputation as a reptile breeder?