FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Business Discussions (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Intuit card reader (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310740)

Dennis Hultman 04-06-2012 12:38 PM

Intuit card reader

Anyone given it a try here? Reliable? I noticed PayPal is coming out with their version soon. Seems it would be very handy at shows and more cost effective than other services.

AGoodwin 04-06-2012 01:31 PM

I got one for free and tried it out. Its super easy. I think all show vendors should have one!

Dennis Hultman 04-06-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGoodwin (Post 1440542)
I got one for free and tried it out. Its super easy. I think all show vendors should have one!

No hidden fees or charges for shipping out the reader?

AGoodwin 04-06-2012 11:22 PM

nope the reader and software were completely free, including the shipping. There is a per transaction fee however. You can view the fees here.

http://gopayment.com/pricing/

Dennis Hultman 04-06-2012 11:27 PM

Thanks, I read the fee charges before. Just was curios if there was something not so obvious.

I just ordered mine and already received a reply of when it will be shipped.

AGoodwin 04-07-2012 12:06 AM

Yeah, I got mine within 3 days if I remember correctly. That's faster than most things I PAY for!

jntreptiles 04-07-2012 09:14 AM

I have been using the Intuit for quite some time now, with no regrets. This thing has been super easy to use, with walk thru instructions when doing a transaction. I get quick confirmation as to if the card is good and when the transaction is complete. Their monthly statements are easy to read, and keeps track of your year to date gross sales, which makes it easy for the taxes at the end of the year.

I would recommend it

Tim Cole 04-07-2012 11:17 AM

I've had mine for a year with no problems.

Bioteacher 04-11-2012 10:54 AM

I love the one I have and have been able to create snake and photo "products" - you can create price lists and just add them to each order as you go, allowing the reader to total everything and also add tax (which can be preset to the area you are). Fantastic little product and even send a "receipt" with message.

Dennis Hultman 04-22-2012 03:51 AM

Well, I have both square and now go payment.

I must state that I was very surprised with the customer service I have received from Intuit. A model of outstanding customer service. I had some issues and they really went above and beyond sorting it out. The issues required both calling and emailing correspondence. To often you don't receive such a organized and professional response from companies. Now if my cell phone company could learn the words "customer service" and appreciate "loyalty" for the last 14 years I'd have it made.

mikepanzarella 05-22-2012 04:59 PM

i just ordered the square how is it compared to the intuit (i have yet to try them)
also waiting on the paypal version to come out

Dennis Hultman 05-25-2012 04:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikepanzarella (Post 1459228)
i just ordered the square how is it compared to the intuit (i have yet to try them)

Well, Go payment gives two options to receive payment and square one. With Go payment you can have payments sent directly to your bank account or they will send you a prepaid Visa card with your name on it and the payments can be sent there.

I like the fact that with go payment you can also process credit cards online too. Something you can't do with square.

You have two different terminal options to process online. With Intuit's Merchant Services Center (quickbooks) or you can process cards with Go payments system online too.

Dennis Hultman 05-25-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikepanzarella (Post 1459228)

For me they both seemed to process about the same time. I did have a harder time reading a card in the squares reader. Had to swipe it several times when the go payment reader read it on the first swipe.

Edit**
To add, the payments processed in the square reader was available the next day in my bank account. The go payment reader took almost three days to become available on the first test I did.

mikepanzarella 06-21-2012 05:45 PM

i just got the new paypal reader they are available
i downloaded the app (iphone) 1st then was able to order it from there
i wasnt able to locate how to order it on the site

Dennis Hultman 06-22-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikepanzarella (Post 1472288)
i just got the new paypal reader they are available
i downloaded the app (iphone) 1st then was able to order it from there
i wasnt able to locate how to order it on the site

Got mine yesterday as well. Haven't tried it yet.

mikepanzarella 06-22-2012 02:47 AM

i like that you can add inventory on the app
also the fact that its larger and almost sits on the phone makes me think it will last longer
not as much flex on the pin or reader

Dennis Hultman 06-25-2012 12:13 PM

I went to a new restaurant yesterday and cash registers were all IPads with square attached to them. Looks slick (no clutter) compared to the standard pos system or cash register.

radera5 06-26-2012 01:15 AM

http://www..net//showthread.php?3869...ssing-Heads-Up

radera5 06-26-2012 01:16 AM

Oops I totally forgot about posting links here...anyway, Dennis I am sending you a message.

mikepanzarella 06-26-2012 04:00 AM

that sounds really cool i wish my restaurant would do that
i have the square and the paypal im going to test them out at the next show see how they both work
most of my transactions are via paypal so ill prob just stick with that for the most part but always good to have a back up

Dennis Hultman 07-31-2012 01:13 PM

Well, I purchased the new galaxy 3 phone and paypal here is the only card reader that doesn't work on that phone yet. You would think it would work on the latest android phone. Nope..

mechnut450 10-08-2012 11:59 AM

sound like gettingone of these might be the way to go later on if i do shows. my think is how much ( roughly ) of your sales are gone in fees? I saw the one was 2.7 and a 3.7 fee is that a total or per swipe?

hhmoore 10-08-2012 12:12 PM

Does it matter whether it is total or per swipe? Don't they both add up to the same amount?
As far as the two fees - the 2.7% is for swiped transactions, 3.7 is for keyed (manually entering the numbers, ie taking credit card over the phone)

Gloryhound 10-09-2012 09:09 AM

One additional fee that we got hit with on the Go Payment once was a slightly higher swipe fee for a card that had a rewards program. It was less than 0.25%, but it was in addition and they don't advertise it. They also don't let you know about the fee or charge the fee until the end of the month. ie - they don't take it out right away as they do the other fee, they wait till they get hit with the charge to charge you.

Not sure if all rewards cards have that added fee, but it is something to look out for. Also the GoPayment charges a higher percentage if you accept an American Express.

All in all though it has helped sales at shows!

Dennis Hultman 10-09-2012 10:50 AM

Another note.

Square fits into my phone without having to remove my new phone's case (otter box). Go Payment does not.

I have a second cheaper case that that all three of the card readers fit with it on but I think if I'm handing my phone to multiple people I would want to keep the best case on my phone. Otter box offers the most protection in my opinion.

Darky 10-15-2012 07:37 PM

I use Square App on my phone, they send a little reader for free... There is a per charge transaction fee of roughly 2%. However, I find Square is much more efficient at depositing funds into my account (most of the time the funds are in my account within 4-6 hours) then any other merchant tools I've used!

Cheers,

Rob

Darky 10-15-2012 07:40 PM

Meant to post in my reply that you (the user) can adjust the % charged.... I've played with it from 2.7% to 7%!