FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   RodentPro (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292195)

airtight_python 12-13-2011 11:17 PM

RodentPro

RodentPro is a great place to get your frozen feeders. I personally will continue to purchase from them.

The expected sizes of rat in each bag may vary quite a lot from order to order. They are often frozen in odd shapes and smell highly of urine. However, if you wash your rats before each feeding and don't mind "reshaping" them when they're thawed -- you have nothing to worry about.

Where RodentPro makes it all up is in their customer service. Their customer service is in the top 10 of all businesses I have ever dealt with.

ophidile 12-15-2011 02:57 PM

seconded on the customer service

I've been using rodentpro for years and had been happy with their methods and product, though I agree other places may have tidier packaging methods. I thaw my prey in warm water though, effectively "washing" them so that's never really mattered to me.

Their customer service really is fantastic though. Sometimes on the BOI folks say "it's how problems are handled that we can really see the good guys" and recently, I did have a package disappear in a way that some sellers would probably have told me SOL. Rodentpro however replaced my order and even let me change my order a bit as I noticed other things I was interested in and applied new coupons to that.

Very happy with them, buy with confidence!

whimpyguns 12-15-2011 05:47 PM

i have always picked up my orders at local shows. they are just a great outfit. i have a lot of friends that use them as well. as far as i know rodent pro has always done whatever we have needed.
mike mcmullen

kingpinreptiles 12-15-2011 08:58 PM

I have used Rodent Pro since 2008 I think, I would only go somewhere else if they went out of business. I've never had any problems ordering or receiving a order, one time some of the pinky mice were broken in half so they gave me credit for 100 ones on my next order. Good guys for sure.

~Just Curious~ 02-18-2012 01:02 AM

I just received my first order from RodentPro and I will definitely be buying from them now on! Can't beat those prices! :thumbsup: Plus it was well packaged and the insulation kept everything frozen solid even after a few days in transit. Perfect products, mine at least were all clean and none of the feeders were "blocked" together.

I too was very pleased with their customer service! :D I didn't make it as easy as it could have been for them either - My order didn't go through the first time because I had forgotten to finish all the paperwork on my new card. RodentPro took the initiative to call me up and let me know, they were very polite and understanding about the whole thing and reordered it all for me.
Also I had requested smaller guinea pigs before that in the 'customer comments' section when I placed my order. They had them listed as 85-174 grams and I asked if they could please have them be closer to the lower end of the scale. Once again they went out of their way to contact me the day they were to be shipped, letting me know the average weight and asking if that was okay. It was and I ended up getting just what I needed!

Couldn't have been happier with it all~

FLTortoise 02-18-2012 08:16 PM

You can't beat RP. I even have a local breeder whom I really like and use from time to time and he can't touch their prices and I buy over $1K at a time. Their website shipping cost calculator is awesome. Even in the middle of a FL summer, the packs arrive frozen solid and usually sit outside a while until I get home from work. I just ordered $1300 worth from them for when the gilas and beadeds warm up on 3/1.

TattooLost 02-18-2012 09:28 PM

Excellent product, excellent customer service. I usually price shop every order, and the majority of the time RP comes out on top and gets my order.

reptilebaby 02-19-2012 07:28 PM

I like their customer service. I had a problem recently where the sent the wrong color, and didn't get one size I had ordered. No prob though. They still gave me the sale price, and are sending the mice that they forgot to put in my package. Very happy with the mice and rats too.

snakelover1995 02-19-2012 09:19 PM

Their customer service and selection is OUTSTANDING. I ordered guinea pigs and quail from them a bit ago and when I accidentally ordered the wrong size... they went and corrected my order for me when I called. They were very understanding and not attitudinal at all. I will continue to do business with them now and in the future (when I need more frozen feeders... for now I have to move some of my reptile's food to get to my own :D)

Oxbow Reptile 02-20-2012 12:53 AM

I too have had great experiences with RodentPro. Although the sizes do vary, all of the rats in a single bag are about the same size, which makes feeding multiple snakes easier. The only problem I have ever had with RodentPro was when they discontinued Greyhound shipping and made no mention of it on the website. When I called RodentPro, Casey (who has been very helpful every time I have called) said that they had indeed stopped shipping with Greyhound, but were using the same size double box with FedEx. He said that this would be at most a few dollars more expensive per box. When I checked using their shipping calculator I found that it would be $14 more per box. This means that for my standard order I would be spending $126 more (Although I wouldn't have to go to the Greyhound Station). Even with this increase in shipping price they are still the cheapest around, but I was not entirely impressed with them through the process. I am still a loyal RodentPro customer, and will continue to order about $5,000 worth of rodents from them per year.