FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Howlin' Gale Dragons (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135080)

rin0425 06-02-2009 07:28 PM

Howlin' Gale Dragons

Im starting a BOI thread not because Nicole Norton is a bad breeder, but a bad business woman.
I received a Dragon from her today which I purchased as Pick of the Clutch. I paid 250 dollars shipped to be able to chose the best, most perfect dragon. She arrived here today in good condition, save for the toe nip on her left rear long toe. I contacted the breeder, Nicole Norton, immediately expressing my concerns and that, as pick of the clutch, I had expressed my desire for the best dragon. I reviewed pictures she previously sent to me, which I have added here, sent 1 week ago. I could see the affected toe had been nipped. I e-mailed her, saying that I would have liked to have been told of the nip because I would have selected a different dragon.
Her response was:

"I'm glad she arrived healthy and safe I am sorry I can tell you she left here 100% perfect as none of my babies in that clutch have any nips at all including toe/tail"

I responded:

"Thats fine about the other things except the toe nip. I looked at a previous picture you sent and when I zoomed in I can se the toe nip. Im very happy with the quality and temperament, but the toe nip is something that happened prior to her coming here. Im not concerned with anything really other than the toe nip. Ive sent back the picture you sent me with the affected toe circled. you can check it against the picture you sent me originally."

Her response was:

"Once again she had NO toe nip I don't like about my dragons and in the picture you sent that is very fresh I have seen dragons stress while shipping and chew on themselves"

to which I replied:
"That is the picture you sent me and you can see the nip on her toe. I dont know how you can say that it isnt there. Im not trying to be a jerk and I know you wont do anything to rectify the situation...but c'mon admit that it is clearly there. I even circled it on the picture for you to see. That is the exact picture you sent me 1 week ago. Nips happen, but they should not, as a good business rule, be sold as the pick of the clutch which is expected to be perfect in every way. The non-pick babies have the identical genetics and I would have been satisfied with one of them, however I wanted perfection. There is no reason to get defensive about it. If I had sent someone a dragon that was nipped and didnt realize it, my conscience would tell me to refund some of the money, even if its a few dollars. But not everyone has a good conscience.
I was just bringing it to your attention...not attacking you and I am sorry you felt I was. Re-inspect the picture because you will clearly see the damaged toe."

I have not received any further responses to my e-mails.

As I stated in the above e-mail, If i was just looking for a dragon with the genetics, I would have purchased a clutch mate for 100 dollars cheaper, but I wanted the best. A dragon that will be missing a toe, in my opinion, is not the best.
If you are running a business, then you should represent the product correctly and charge accordingly. All other breeders I have used and come across discount toe-nipped dragons, not sell them for more than any other dragon. Im happy with the temperament and the coloring of the dragon, however, the manner in which she was sold to me (as pick) makes the toe nip, and further denial even with her own photographic proof, inexcusable. Im very disappointed in Nicole and I regret having to post on here, however, I believe there should be some accountability for this problem, and I see no other option if she shuts down communication. :NoNo:
Aaron Scofield, CVT
Darwin Dragons

rin0425 06-02-2009 07:31 PM

I forgot to add the original picture sent from Nicole, before I circled the toe.
Here it is

BambooTurtles 06-02-2009 07:52 PM

:shrug01:Her response was:

"Once again she had NO toe nip I don't like about my dragons and in the picture you sent that is very fresh I have seen dragons stress while shipping and chew on themselves"

I've never heard of a reptile chewing on themsevles due to shipping .

rin0425 06-02-2009 07:55 PM

And on top of that being obsurd, im a vet tech, and I deal with nipped dragons at work all of the time. Look at the angle of the nip...impossible for her to physically do that to herself.

reptile_jones 06-02-2009 08:27 PM

Wow, Aaron don't you think your over reacting.

Quote:

I reviewed pictures she previously sent to me, which I have added here, sent 1 week ago. I could see the affected toe had been nipped.
If you wanted 100% perfection then you should have asked for more photo's of the one you were thinking of getting. after all the nip toe is in the photo she sent you.

Dusty Jones

rin0425 06-02-2009 08:35 PM

I can post the other pictures she sent me, I requested many, and that foot was never in any of them. I never would have noticed that as a nip until i examined it in person. I know youre playing devils advocate, but what "good guy" doesnt disclose a nip to the person paying for the pick? It could have been poop or anything. It wasnt until you compare in person that I realized it was a nip.
The first was the first picture i recieved, and as you can see, no nip. The second I ecieved after requesting a picture many times, which if youd like I can post all of those emails also. I finally got a picture of her in shed, with that foot tucked behind her finger both times.

reptile_jones 06-02-2009 09:12 PM

Aaron,

I'm not saying your not entitled to 100% perfection but that a tiny toe nip is not worthy of a "bad Guy" post. When i hear "Pick of the Clutch" I think one would get first pick as to 100% perfection. The only thing i would like to see in an e-mail is were you told her you were looking to get a 100% perfect baby. If she was told up front and still sent you a nip toed baby then i think she owes you something.

rin0425 06-02-2009 09:18 PM

I agree, and I had no intention of posting here until she denied her error and then stopped communicating with me. Im not a jerk, but I made it clear to her what I was looking for and that I was making an investment.

Truthfully, Would you pay 250 for a nipped 4 week old dragon?

Aaron Scofield, CVT

rin0425 06-02-2009 09:24 PM

I will happily have this thread removed once the breeder contacts me and admits that she sent me a nipped dragon, and that it did not happen in transit.
Im very happy with her otherwise, assuming she remains healthy and happy.

rin0425 06-02-2009 09:30 PM

Oh, and if there was a "slightly bad guy" tag, I would have used that instead. I dont think shes a bad guy, I just think that she has no idea how to run a business.
(sorry for the multiple posts, I dont know how to edit previous ones)