FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Posting that is sold (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605188)

dovelett15 12-20-2016 10:15 AM

Posting that is sold

Hello,

How do I edit my posting to indicate that the tortoise has sold? The edit icon allows me to change the content of the posting but I am unable to indicate in the title of the posted ad "SOLD"..

Thank you!

Beyond GenetiX 12-20-2016 10:29 AM

Are you able to delete the ad altogether? Click on "user CP" top left, click on "classified panel" and then delete?

Robert Walker 12-20-2016 11:17 AM

If you leave the ad, but change it to "sold", this can help you sell other animals. "Sold" let's others know you are actually doing business. My 2 cents.
In the edit feature, you can select "go advanced", this should allow you to access the title and change it.

Beyond GenetiX 12-20-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Walker (Post 1968400)
If you leave the ad, but change it to "sold", this can help you sell other animals. "Sold" let's others know you are actually doing business. My 2 cents.
In the edit feature, you can select "go advanced", this should allow you to access the title and change it.

This is very true. I just know how many ads that get brought back from the grave because they were not deleted. I guess you could change the heading to "sold" and lock the ad. I've only marked my ads sold maybe a handful of times but then I go an delete them a day later. I do not feel it has had a negative impact on my sells to delete them, but it may. Maybe I'll have to give it a try next time, thanks Robert.

hhmoore 12-20-2016 02:53 PM

The original question was answered by Robert; but I'll chime in on the secondary topic.

I was always a proponent of leaving a few SOLD ads up because they would be picked up in searches, and people would inquire about what I had available. That said, I never left more than a handful at a time...and I always closed my ads; so there was never a worry about somebody dragging it up months later.

Robert Walker 12-20-2016 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhmoore (Post 1968418)
The original question was answered by Robert; but I'll chime in on the secondary topic.

I was always a proponent of leaving a few SOLD ads up because they would be picked up in searches, and people would inquire about what I had available. That said, I never left more than a handful at a time...and I always closed my ads; so there was never a worry about somebody dragging it up months later.

Great to see this post for a variety of reasons Harald :thumbsup:

dovelett15 12-20-2016 03:06 PM

Thank you all for your response! Makes perfect sense to post in the title "Sold", then lock. Promotes a good search history for potential future sales.