FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Greg Tummons BAD GUY (Thomas Taylor, Stan Keely) (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395778)

MikeRusso 05-03-2013 07:23 PM

Greg Tummons BAD GUY (Thomas Taylor, Stan Keely)

3 Attachment(s)
Greg Tummons (his real name)
Thomas Taylor
Stan Keely
charmingexotics@ymail.com (His email and Paypal Address)
stan_keely@yahoo.com
His cell # 417-381-2223 (Now disconnected)
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/greg.tummons (This goes on & off depending on his mood, i guess)

Please be aware that this is all the same person - Below are the 3 Ad's he posted in the Fauna Classifieds. He first posted as Thomas Taylor user name Blood Sport from Springfield MO on Saturday morning 4/27. I responded to the ad (Proven GT x Nuu Ana Leachianus Pairs) and we emailed and texted back & fourth several times, then spoke live on the phone. He seemed knowledgeable about keeping Leachianus & other herps as well. He told me that he was selling his Leachi collection to fund some other reptile projects. He then sent me photos of the animals that he had available. At that time we came to an agreement on (1.1) Geckos. I sent a paypal in the amount of $1,200 and we agreed on shipping through SYR on Tuesday 4/30 for Wed 5/1 delivery.

On Tuesday (5/1) another ad was posted on Fauna offering 1.2 Leachianus Geckos by Stan Keely user name That1Guy from Joplin MO. As soon as I saw this ad, I had a feeling it was written by the same person. I sent an email to "Stan" asking for photos, but he did not respond to me… I then asked a friend to email "Stan" asking for photos and he immediately sent him the exact same photos of the animals he had already sold to me. I then did a basic Google search for "Nuu Ana Leachianus" & a few pages deep, i found all of the photos that he was using for his scam (link below). At this time, i obviously knew that i had been scammed. I immediately contacted PayPal to begin the claim process, and I also contacted the Fauna & K/S.Com moderators to alert them to this scammer to protect other potential buyers.

At about 4pm on Tuesday (about the time he should have been shipping to me) he stopped all communication with me (email, texts, phone) and i have not heard from him since. He never sent my tracking #, he deleted his ads on Fauna, changed his cell phone #, and shut down his Facebook page.

VERY LUCKY for me, Paypal locked the funds in time & I have been fully reimbursed. So, my issue has been rectified and I am only posting to protect others.

Here is a link to the website that he stole the pictures from: http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/showthread.php?64361-Leachianus-for-sale

If you have been scammed by Greg Tummons, please feel free to contact me. I have contact information to his local Police Dept. and i have an open case on file with them. I also have a ton of his personal info that will certainly help you out.

~ Mike Russo

MikeRusso 05-03-2013 07:32 PM

Here is our email chain...

Read from the bottom to the top, his responses are in red..

~ Mike Russo

Subject: Re: geckos
Date: April 30, 2013 9:19:21 PM EDT
To: Charming Exotics <charmingexotics@ymail.com>

Greg. Did you ship the geckos?

~ Mike

On Apr 30, 2013, at 7:44 PM, Mike Russo <mikerusso90@aol.com> wrote:

Hi Greg.

Do you have a tracking # for me?

~ Mike

On Apr 30, 2013, at 5:55 PM, Charming Exotics <charmingexotics@ymail.com> wrote:

Ok. Cool. I will be printing the label and getting everything packed and to fed ex as soon as I get off work and home.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

To: Charming Exotics <charmingexotics@ymail.com>;
Sent: Tue, Apr 30, 2013 9:45:01 PM

Hey just confirming my shipping address

Mike Russo
xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx,xx
516 359-4158

~ Mike

On Apr 29, 2013, at 9:35 PM, Charming Exotics <charmingexotics@ymail.com> wrote:

I always ship priority overnight. No the others are still pending the trade. I'd just forgotten to delete the ad and someone commented. I deleted it about 5mins ago when I realized.

Sent: Tue, Apr 30, 2013 1:31:10 AM

great.. please ship priority for 10:30 delivery… i think thats the only option through SYR.. I will be leaving for work after the box arrives

i see the other 1.4 are back on the classifieds.. i guess your trade fell through??

On Apr 29, 2013, at 9:28 PM, Charming Exotics <charmingexotics@ymail.com> wrote:

Yes sir. As soon as I have time to print the shipping labels you'll have the tracking number

Sent: Tue, Apr 30, 2013 1:06:05 AM

Hi Greg,

Are we all set for shipping tomorrow for wed delivery?

Subject: Re: geckos / Paypal sent
Date: April 27, 2013 11:07:30 PM EDT
To: Charming Exotics <charmingexotics@ymail.com>

OK just sent the payment for the 1.1 geckos (below)..

Please ship to:

Mike Russo
xxx xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
516 359-4158

On Apr 27, 2013, at 2:03 PM, Charming Exotics <charmingexotics@ymail.com> wrote:

Ok. Can I call you in about half an hour to an hour? I've got to take a shower and get my kids from their grandparents soon. I was supposed to be up by 10am. I definitely overslept. I promise I will call you I'm just running very late.

And sorry about the confusion. I don't always word things very well.

Sent: Sat, Apr 27, 2013 5:59:00 PM

Please give me your phone number … or feel free to call me @ 516 804-4747..

~ Mike Russo

On Apr 27, 2013, at 1:44 PM, Charming Exotics <charmingexotics@ymail.com> wrote:

That'd be $3000 for both proven pairs. Not just 1.

On Apr 27, 2013, at 1:43 PM, Charming Exotics <charmingexotics@ymail.com> wrote:

Sorry I just got up. I work nights.

Ballpark, I'd like to get at least $3000 being that I know females of this mix going for $800-1400 unproven by themselves produced by the same guy. I'm just not 100% as to what the market for pairs let alone proven pairs is so I don't want to overstep what their actually worth today.

On Apr 27, 2013, at 7:36 AM, Mike Russo <mikerusso90@aol.com> wrote:

well, i am interested in this pair, but i am not sure what to offer?

I have a few pairs here, but they are all local specific.. and i have seen prices vary greatly on the non-local specific animals..

would you be willing to let them go for 1100?

~ Mike

On Apr 27, 2013, at 7:00 AM, Charming Exotics <charmingexotics@ymail.com> wrote:

They've both given us 2 fertile eggs each at the end of march and should be becoming gravid again in the next month or two. One pair had 4 clutches last year. The other had 5 but the last had a dud.

Sent: Sat, Apr 27, 2013 10:43:55 AM

how many eggs has this pair give you so far this year?

On Apr 27, 2013, at 5:38 AM, Charming Exotics <charmingexotics@ymail.com> wrote:

Both pairs are around 4.5-5yrs old. They all have their original tails and both pairs live together year round. They squabble very little and none of them have any battle scars or wounds. And these are our last 2 pairs. We only have eggs left incubating now. Those babies our daughters are wanting to keep as pets.

Sorry about the pics being so small. I had to take them with my daughters phone because my phone camera lens is cracked. For some reason every time I get pics from her phone their really small.

Sent: Sat, Apr 27, 2013 9:22:37 AM

ok, i have a few questions..

do you know how old they are?

is this pair living together year round?

do they both have original tails? (tough to tell in the pic)

do you have any other leachi's available. or just these 2 pairs?

thanks!

~ Mike

On Apr 27, 2013, at 5:25 AM, Charming Exotics <charmingexotics@ymail.com> wrote:

Don't have a horribly set price. Make a reasonable offer and we can go from there.

Sent: Sat, Apr 27, 2013 9:22:37 AM

the pics are very small, but the first pair looks nice.. how much are you asking for them?

~ Mike

On Apr 27, 2013, at 5:19 AM, Charming Exotics <charmingexotics@ymail.com> wrote:

Sorry. The attachments didn't send on the last email.
Pic 1 is one of the makes
Pic 2 is his mate
Pic 3 is the other pair

From: MikeRusso @ FaunaClassifieds <mikerusso90@aol.com>;
To: <charmingexotics@ymail.com>;
Subject: geckos
Sent: Sat, Apr 27, 2013 9:00:16 AM

This is a message from MikeRusso at FaunaClassifieds

This is the message:

please send pics to 516 359-4158 or by email to: MikeRusso90@aol.com

~ Mike Russo

Doomtrooper 05-03-2013 10:13 PM

Thanks for the warning Mike .. I'm glad you stopped the payment in time !

D. Mong 05-04-2013 12:51 AM

Wow!!,.....what a true piece of *&%# "garbage" Mike! I'm so glad you have a good head on your shoulders and were able to see the instant red flags and stop the payment process to this shmuck in time. Great going for you,....I just wonder how many others this jerk has scammed in the past and will continue to. ..........

Again, glad that he couldn't rob you of your money, and thanks for the BOI warning on this fraudulent criminal for others to see. :yesnod:

~Doug

D. Mong 05-04-2013 12:55 AM

Oh!,......and irony at it's best that the company name he was using to commit his fraud had the word "Charming" in its title.............aren't those always the best type of scammers??

~Doug

bigindo's 05-04-2013 11:52 AM

Thank you mike, I had contacted this guy about trading him for his group of anaxami crosses for my pair of gila monsters. everthing seemed ok till I asked what his closet airport was. he says for me to ship 2 GILA MONSTORS via fed-ex due to the airport being 4 hours away. come to find out that's a lie then he was telling me I have to ship first. Becuse he has recevied boxes with no animals or stuffed animals in them. I tryed telling him I'm not shipping first to someone who has no trader ratings or any boi info. he then tells me that hole boi/trader rating systom is a joke. By this time it kinda seems like he was a scammer he said he had a pair sold to you(mike). So I figured I would wait and see how that deal went before I made my mind up on are trade. lucky I didn't ship him anything!!

MikeRusso 05-04-2013 12:26 PM

Steph,

He didn't mention your name, but told me about his pending trade with you & that you were going to ship your Gila's to him first.. He even told me about the shipping issue you described above.. When i learned that i had been scammed, I was wondering if you were real or someone he had made up to help solidify his scam with me..

You're VERY lucky you didn't ship to him, as that would be tough to rectify, but the pile of personal info I have gathered here on Mr. Tummons (photos/home address/past criminal offenses/family member info/etc.) would have surely helped you out.

~ Mike Russo

bigindo's 05-04-2013 01:32 PM

yea I just had a bad feeling about him. when he told me he had another pair sold I figured wait and see if he tryes something. And look what he does, he told me 2 days ago you pulled payment on him as soon as he sent you the tracking number. So I told him to put up a boi he said yea I am I'm gonna see what he has to say for him self. Then just to see what he would say I asked where he was located again. Then when he told me where he lived I tolf him" oh yea my brother lives there small world" never heard from him agian!!!

MikeRusso 05-04-2013 09:39 PM

It seems like our scammer had quite a vivid imagination…

~ Mike Russo

radera5 05-04-2013 10:13 PM

Bummer Mike, I knew it was a scam when I saw the ad. I have been interested in many Leachianus ad's I've been seeing and I just had that feeling.

I actually spoke with him a couple times as well and he stopped communication when I began talking about references and the BOI.

Go figure.

Glad you got your money back.