FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   William Wohlers? (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397480)

Hjuakis 05-11-2013 05:25 PM

William Wohlers?

Hi, I was cruising around kingsnake and came upon one of Will's ads. The thing is he is unable to provide any pics of what he's selling which leads me to wonder about his confidentiality. I was wondering if anyone has done any business with the guy and has any word about him. Maybe I'm just being too skeptical, I don't know. :shrug01:
Anyways any word on him would be great, thanks.

Ron Allen 05-11-2013 05:56 PM

Not too skeptical...everyone and their brother has a phone with a camera, and photobucket is free. Even if he doesn't everyone else he knows does.

joepythons 05-11-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hjuakis (Post 1601014)
Hi, I was cruising around kingsnake and came upon one of Will's ads. The thing is he is unable to provide any pics of what he's selling which leads me to wonder about his confidentiality. I was wondering if anyone has done any business with the guy and has any word about him. Maybe I'm just being too skeptical, I don't know. :shrug01:
Anyways any word on him would be great, thanks.

Here is my motto, if they can not take a few pics for you they dont get your money :thumbsup:

LauraB 05-11-2013 08:23 PM

What's he selling?

Hjuakis 05-11-2013 09:14 PM

Some dbl het caramel glows and dreamsicles. I contacted him however and he was able to provide pics of lavenders and pieds, but no copulation between a pied and lav. albino.
The dbl hets were produced in a breeder loan with josh wolfe and carry paperwork with them from josh. Only thing that bothers me is the lack of pics.

Rawbbeh 05-12-2013 01:56 AM

If you are ever in question of someone actually being in possession of an item for sale, whether it is a tea cup or a turtle or anything in between...Always ask for a picture with a piece of paper with your name on it and the date!

I've done this in the past where someone selling an item comes across as shaky...So I had them take a picture of the item with a given "code word" like banana and the date in it and send it to me. Seriously...not hard to do...if they can't provide, flag the post for others to know of the uncertainty and move on.

Zues 05-16-2014 11:31 PM

Hopefully no one else got burned by him. I picked up a group of albino pied stuff in Dec 2012. The group consisted of 1.0 albino pos het pied, 0.1 100% DH albino pied, and 0.1 pos DH albino pied. Supposedly he had bred the male albino pos het pied to the 100% DH female and produced visual albinos the year before and the pos het female was a virgin. I was not able to breed them the first season because they showed up about half the size they were supposed to be. The 100% DH female was supposed to be around 2000 grams but weighed only 12 something and looked like she had just laid. At this point I was pretty sure I had been taken but I still held out a little hope. I fattened the girls up and started breeding them this season. I got a clutch of eight eggs from each female after pairing them with both a 100% DH albino pied male and his son a visual albino pied male. I never confirmed a lock with the visual albino pied male. Out of 16 eggs I got 16 normals. I guess there may be a slight chance that these girls could prove I'm not putting another year into them. I know he was raising money to open a furniture store when he was selling these guys. I guess he needed the money more than me.
Clay Rhodes

wohlerswi 06-30-2014 02:16 PM

Thats just not true.

The snakes I sent you were exactly what they were suppose to be Clay. If you would have bred the male visual, you purchased with the females, to the females I sold you then this wouldn't have happened. We talked about this before and the problem still seems to be with the "double het" male you bred them to. Maybe he was a different line, or maybe his genes are suspect like we talked about. You are completely slandering my name because you had a bad go this year. I understand your frustrations, but like I said before, I don't understand your frustrations with me Clay. You didn't get burned and you know that. One of the females you purchased was a possible double het virgin. Like I said before in all honesty when I bred the albino het male to the known double het female, I got several albinos in the clutch. I also told you I didn't get any pieds. I was completely transparent with these animals. I didn't produce the animals, and I told you the experience I had with them. If I was going to burn someone on "fake" animals, do you think I would have admitted they haven't produced any pieds for me, or do you think I would have said I got pieds and albinos out of the clutch? It just doesn't make sense. I'm sorry you chose not to continue working with the animals because I'm confident things would turn out better for you in the end. Like I said numerous times now, I'm sorry you had bad odds. I', shocked that you would jump the gun like this to slander my name. I have done numerous transactions with customers online for over 15 years, and my customers are always happy. I would have worked something out with you to get the animals back also, but you wanted someone to blame for your unfortunate year with odds. I'm not the guy. You also didn't inform me that you were going to post a slanderous reply to a thread concerning me, and that is a direct violation of the terms and service of this site.

About the pictures, and weights. My camera was broken for about a month or two and was in the shop getting fixed. I didn't sell any animals without pictures, and I stand behind my animals. I dont have a camera phone, and just had to wait until my camera was out of the shop. I am not a scammer, and I sell only animals I produce, or have purchased directly from breeders with the intent on breeding them myself. I dont broker animals or anything like that either.

The weight are a different story. Clay wanted to know how big they were, and I told him I didnt have a scale. He told me to estimate their sizes. I've been doing this a long time, and not one animal I sold was skinny or under weight. I might have over estimated but not my 800 grams. That is just an oversight on Clay's part.

Will Wohlers

David Scarboro 06-30-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wohlerswi (Post 1727288)
You also didn't inform me that you were going to post a slanderous reply to a thread concerning me, and that is a direct violation of the terms and service of this site.Will Wohlers

I can't speak as to the accuracy of your whole post, but you are wrong on the quoted part.

Zues 06-30-2014 06:18 PM

The "double het" that I bred to the females is a male produced and backed up with photo genetic paperwork from OzzyBoids. He has produced a visual albino pied that is still in my collection. Pretty sure that proves there is nothing suspect about my male. Also as far as I know there are no lines of pied or albino the are not compatible. You are correct in saying that you told me that when you bred the visual albino pos het pied male to the 100% DH female that you produced a visual albino. I saw no reason to breed the pos het male back to the DH female when I had a proven 100% DH male and I told you when I bought them that was my intention.

Not sure what you are talking about with the pictures but the weights I told you about the day I received them. Your response was and I quote "Really under 1500? They seemed fatter than that when I last weighed them" I'm not even sure what that means. How does something seem fatter than that when you weigh them? Also I did contact you via text before posting here. When you finally got back to me we discussed this issue and you left it at you would pull your records and find out who they came from. Month and a half later this is the first I've heard from you.
Clay Rhodes