FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   TRANSLUCENT BEARDED DRAGONS (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104298)

Dragon Cocktails 09-23-2007 07:25 PM

TRANSLUCENT BEARDED DRAGONS

I am thinking abut getting a Translucent dragon. But I have heard all kinds of crazy things about them. I just wanted to get some more info on them. I thought this would be a good place.

1st Are trans as healthy as other dragons?
2nd Do they need different care than other dragons?
3rd Heating and UV luting, do they need more or less?

Thanks

Farbbarti 09-24-2007 11:35 AM

Not really

Hy,

In my oppinion they are a bit more delicate then a "normal" Dragon but is no not differents in keeping them! ;)
So in my experience, the need the same care as every other Beardies!
I handle them now until Three years and have no problems with them.

When they are Babys, they where a bit hard to handle!

But if they get over this period, it makes not really a difference! :)

Kind regards,
Jasmin

Please don't be to mad at me, if i make a lot of tiping mistakes!
I come from Austria/Vienna an so English writing is sometime still hard for me :o

Dragon Cocktails 09-24-2007 02:02 PM

Not a problem. Thank you for the help.

Jim O 09-24-2007 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farbbarti
Please don't be to mad at me, if i make a lot of tiping mistakes!
I come from Austria/Vienna an so English writing is sometime still hard for me :o

Jasmin,

Your English, while not perfect, is perfectly understandable. I doubt there are many here who can write in German as well as you can in English. Thank you for your input.

hhmoore 09-24-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim O
Jasmin,

Your English, while not perfect, is perfectly understandable. I doubt there are many here who can write in German as well as you can in English. Thank you for your input.

Agreed - heck, there are several that frequent this site that aren't nearly as proficient or understandable...and "English" is their first language.

Drache613 09-26-2007 01:32 PM

Hello

Hello,

The most that I can say about Translucents since I have never owned one is that I do know that alot of the lines in the last 2-3 years have become infected with the Adeno virus, & it spread through alot of the colonies. So, I would be very careful who you buy from. Check them out, ask questions, see if they would test for you before hand, etc, before purchasing.

Tracie

Dragon Cocktails 09-26-2007 02:41 PM

That is some good info to have. Thanks

Jim O 09-26-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drache613
Hello,

The most that I can say about Translucents since I have never owned one is that I do know that alot of the lines in the last 2-3 years have become infected with the Adeno virus, & it spread through alot of the colonies. So, I would be very careful who you buy from. Check them out, ask questions, see if they would test for you before hand, etc, before purchasing.

Tracie

Thanks for that opinion. Please everyone, let's not make this another nasty drama-thread about adenovirus and the personalities involved. There are enough other threads in this forum about that subject. I won't hesitate to issue warnings and suspensions if things turn ugly.

Dragon Cocktails 09-26-2007 10:55 PM

I hope this is not a problem.... I was just asking a couple questions...

Jim O 09-26-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Cocktails
I hope this is not a problem.... I was just asking a couple questions...

No, it was not a problem at all. :) Your questions were fine. I just don't want old fights/drama creeping into this thread. My admonition was meant as preemption.