FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Perpetrator of "FAKE" Cashiers Check Scam! (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77780)

molurusbreedingcente 04-02-2006 07:46 PM

Perpetrator of "FAKE" Cashiers Check Scam!

BEWARE OF THESE TRAPS:

MY RESPONSES TO FAKE CASHIERS CHECK VIA INTERNATIONAL FEDEX below:

Sent Response to Mr King after getting delivery of the Fake Cashiers Check on March 31, 2006 delivered to my door at 11:05 am by Fedex. After depositing check at our bank, I was then alerted to the scam by a gentlemen on the Kingsnake.com in the middle of the same scam with the same Mr. King!

Since then I have been made aware of at least a half dozen herpers that are involved with someone trying to purchase their reptiles of the Internet.

Sent to Mr. King : March 31, 2006

Mr. King
The check took so long to arrive we had already sold the pair. Since our reptile company would like to further our business ties with a gentlemen of "means" such as yourself that has a keen interest in rare reptiles and mammals, our company will issue you a refund check drawn on our bank for the funds transferred via the cashiers check.
Sorry for the miscommunication.
Let us know in the future if we can help you procure possibly a hand-raised ring-tailed Lemurs (legal with papers) , or other exotics for your pleasure. We know that men of wealth often endeavour to assemble a rare zoo for their pleasure as well as for their associates. We hope to be the company that helps you build this rare zoo for your pleasure.
Thank you
Wlamore___________________________________________ _______ __________________________________________________

Received from Mr. King: March 31, 2006 - very quickly in reply to 1st message above. English improved a great deal upon finding I would refund the money!!!!!!!!!:

Dear XXXX,
Thanks for getting back to me in the soonest time yet i feel not too good knowing the snake has been sold out , for now none of the given criterials of reptiles is in my desires, i did called at you this morning bute a voice mail . . . i have authorised fedex to come over to your location by 12 noon tomorrow 04 / 03 / 06 to pick up the percel of refund via cashiers cheaque .
I want you to please mail and release the percel to fedex of the refund ( cashiers cheaque ) to the below address : PLS ISSUE THE CASHIER CHEAQUE REFUND ON THE BELOW NAME
SHAWN ALDONE RICHARDS
11327 E-5TH AVENUE
APACHE JUNCTION, AZ 85220
(460) 986-0001
Hope to hear from you
LEE KING

Received from Mr. King: April 1, 2006

Dear Wlamore,
Here is the fedex confrmation references which u will have to show to fedex in order for acceptance by fedex and a smooth takeoff for departure of the percel to it's destination.below . This email is to confirm that a FedEx pickup has been scheduled through fedex.com for the date and location indicated below.We look forward to serving you and thank you for shipping with FedEx. Confirmation Number: FNLA00015 Contact name: Bill Lamoreaux Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXState: XX ZIP code: XXX Country: United States Phone number: XXX Number of packages: 1 Pickup Date: 03 Apr 2006 Hope to hear from you soon LEE KING

I changed the information to protect the innocent> ME!!!!!!!!! __________________________________________________ ______

OOPS: I forgot to tell him about my "restock" fee, to recover my time and effort on this deal!

Sent:This morning - April 2, 2006 - waiting for a reply.

Mr. King,

We will send out a check for a refund but we have 200.00 fee for this re-stock, we have another 1.1 we can send but not the ones you originally purchased. Or possibly you would be interested in some other Kingsnakes for your purchase. We may have a zoo raised (legal) hippopotamus coming in within the month?

Please have Shawn purchase and send only a United States Postal Money-Order to me and I can then refund your money with a company check.

Thanks
wlamore :uzi:

P.S. we will be out of town skiing in Aspen until Wednesday.
Thanks again

liquidleaf 04-03-2006 02:36 PM

Funny stuff, but why are there two threads about the same thing?

molurusbreedingcente 04-03-2006 03:10 PM

I got a warning from the moderator stating the rules of posting are you have to put the actual name of the person in the topic line. I did not realize that and re-posted with the one starting with Lee King, I thought the moderator said he would delete the other 2.

By the way Lee is angry because he had already setup with Fedex to come this morning to pick up the refund on his fake cashiers check. He is calling the house and seems to have no accent at all? Anyway I informed him to contact the third party in India that took his money and sent the fake check. I was called by the bank this morning and told that they called the Union Bank in Florida and no money was ever in that account. Thus Mr. King I never received a dime and cannot refund a penny. In fact the bank officer said it would be a $25.00 fee for a bounced cashiers check on my account but to call him and he would take care of the fee.

Be carefull, Bank officer said no matter what the money device being sent, have the Bank call and confirm the funds are available before you release the goods or you will be in a world of hurt and up the creek with no paddel so to speak.

SERPENTS DEN 05-18-2006 09:58 AM

This is how I reply to Internet Scammers

1 Attachment(s)
I send the this reply.

Dear "Insert senders IP address here"

Interpol has recently stepped up its efforts in this area, working with stakeholders setting up millions of classified and other accounts along the Internet. Interpol is working with Internet service providers, software companies, central banks and other relevant bodies to devise solutions to thwart criminals and protect consumers.
Interpol’s chief initiatives in the area of financial and high-tech crime focus on and due to the nature of your contact with us your IP address and ISP has now been placed into our Tracking Database for further investigations.

Interpol

crazycorn 05-21-2006 09:44 PM

I would like to add more to this, I was to receive one of his checks and 3 months later I receive a letter from customs. The check was intercepted and I had to file paper work to just get rid of it. So beware for those who accept fake checks from these type of people.