FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Informal presidential election poll (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302627)

dumje 03-01-2012 08:13 PM

Wow.....

Ozymandias 03-01-2012 10:26 PM

interesting, and while i don't necessarily agree with you on some thing i like how you explained it bravo :) and thanks

Ozymandias 03-01-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 1423760)
And yet the media pretty much completely ignores Ron Paul. I really don't see how anyone could need any more evidence than that, that the media is controlled as a BLOCK as to what they can and cannot print. I mean, what are the chances that all of the media outlets independently would act in this same manner?

Is burning a ballot at an official voting polling place illegal?

BTW, the poll here pretty much duplicates the one someone else put over on my CornSnakes.com site. Ron Paul FAR AND ABOVE got more votes than any of the other republican candidates, yet according to all the "official" voting results, that doesn't happen. So how can that be? Are we THAT different from mainstream America that our voting preferences would be that far off from who everyone else chooses to vote on?

Are you feeling manipulated yet? Well, you should.......

i feel people already know this but um most of the big media networks are owned by like 5 or 6 trillionaires/billionaires that probably instruct there networks on what stance to take with each candidate

akonitony 03-02-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozymandias (Post 1427155)
interesting, and while i don't necessarily agree with you on some thing i like how you explained it bravo :) and thanks

Glad you liked it. I'm not sure where you disagree, but I'd like to hear your viewpoint, since as the proverb says, as iron sharpeneth iron, so do the minds of friends sharpen each other.
I don't like to build a theory on one verse either, as that is like an upside-down pyramid - not stable. Here is another interesting thing. The title of the pope is Vicarious Filii Dei, which Latin for the vicarious son of God. You'll still hear him called the Vicar of Christ. The title is on some of the older mitres (Fish hat) they used to wear. If one knows numerology, or looks it up in any good encyclopedia under Roman Alphabet, they will know V=5, I=1, C=100, D=500, L=50, and U also = 5. The other letters in that title don't have any values, but if we take Vicarious, and do the numerology on it, we get 112. Filii = 53. Dei = 501. 112+53+501=666. This is the best explanation for the number I've heard so far, and I've heard or read a bunch of them. If you have a better explanation, I'd like to hear it.

WebSlave 03-02-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumje (Post 1427067)
I agree....republican party is totally imploading....from its inability to compromise....this country aS founded on compromise....our government was made to depend on it....and yet when 1 group refuses to do it....the people suffer...

Well, I'm not really sure that any sort of compromise is what this country needs right now. Not when they consider compromise as something akin to "heck, we can't pass the budget because we want to spend a LOT more than we are pulling in, so let's pass a 'mini budget' compromise every few months that will get us the same thing but make us look like we ARE trying".... :rolleyes:

So here's the dilemma. They aren't willing to cut spending because too many people are now dependent upon the freebies that the government hands out, and if they pull that rug out from under people, it will cost them dearly in the next election. They can't raise taxes because so many people are really struggling financially, so raising taxes will just add insult to quite a bit of injury, and that will cost them dearly in the next election. Many businesses of all sizes are already hurting from permits and regulations, not to mention taxes that they have to pass onto consumers, which makes their products uncompetitive against Chinese imports, so the government trying to grab more money that will will be rather unpopular and cost them dearly in the next election. They can't just do nothing because the economy is a ticking time bomb that gets closer to exploding every day, and ignoring that (you guessed it!) will cost them dearly in the next election.

I expect that much of future legislation will be passed merely on voice votes as much as they can, because that makes them all unaccountable for what is passed. They can ALWAYS say that they didn't raise their voice to vote for it.

akonitony 03-02-2012 03:09 AM

Every society goes through a cycle of 6 stages. It begins in bondage, and with bondage comes courage. Courage eventually turns into revolt, and if the revolt is successful, then the next stage is liberty, but if the revolt is not a success, it's back to step 1, or bondage. After liberty, it gets productive and this leads into the next stage, abundance. That stage would lead one to think people would be gratuitous, but they are quite the opposite, they become greedy, and that eventually leads to a decline and back to step 1 again.
Where is the USA now? I would put us between abundance (look how many people are obese) and bondage.

akonitony 03-02-2012 03:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Try this:

akonitony 03-02-2012 03:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a graphic illustration of our debt some of you may have seen:
10-grand -

akonitony 03-02-2012 03:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
10 million -

akonitony 03-02-2012 03:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)