FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Adam Wysocki - No response (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185856)

lockes 07-01-2010 03:24 AM

Adam Wysocki - No response

Could someone please assist me with contacting Adam Wysocki.

I ordered and paid for 17 Ball Pythons in February 2008. Due to living in South Africa, CITES requires a number of permits to be issued. Adam was unable to obtain all the relevant permits and subsequently agreed to cancel the transaction and refund my money.

I am not getting any responses from Adam at the moment and urgently need to get hold of him to see what is going on. Unfortunately he spent the money I paid him and now he is apparently trying to sell my snakes to make the money back and then send it to me.

I have tried both his Natpet and 8Ball emails but I am not getting any responses. Is there any other way I can get hold of him?

TheDream 07-01-2010 08:56 AM

Wow, that doesn't sound like something Adam would do. I know he is nearly impossible to get ahold of and he admits that he is hard to get ahold of by email.

Do you have any paperwork, any receipts? Give us something more to go off of.

Good Luck.

Laura Fopiano 07-01-2010 09:30 AM

Maybe try his facebook?
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=ru#!/awysocki?ref=ts

deborahbroadus 07-01-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockes (Post 994266)
Could someone please assist me with contacting Adam Wysocki.

I ordered and paid for 17 Ball Pythons in February 2008. Due to living in South Africa, CITES requires a number of permits to be issued. Adam was unable to obtain all the relevant permits and subsequently agreed to cancel the transaction and refund my money.

I am not getting any responses from Adam at the moment and urgently need to get hold of him to see what is going on. Unfortunately he spent the money I paid him and now he is apparently trying to sell my snakes to make the money back and then send it to me.

I have tried both his Natpet and 8Ball emails but I am not getting any responses. Is there any other way I can get hold of him?

He also hangs out on BP.net, so I would try making a post here: www.ballpythons.net

JudyC 07-01-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahbroadus (Post 994404)
He also hangs out on BP.net, so I would try making a post here: www.ballpythons.net

He did make a post there, quite some time ago, actually. Unfortunately, Adam hasn't been around our site in a long time.

mikeyt 07-01-2010 03:00 PM

Adam has definitely been busy as of late, and is extremely hard to get ahold of, period. I do believe that his wife is now handling alot of the animals and the business, and that she has been handling alot of his emails as well.

SERPENTS DEN 07-01-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyC (Post 994590)
He did make a post there, quite some time ago, actually. Unfortunately, Adam hasn't been around our site in a long time.

I read about this a long time ago on BP.net and there should be NO EXCUSES why this shouldn't have been resolved. :ack2:

Keys & Kritterz 07-01-2010 04:45 PM

i agree with serpentsden if you make a mistake in a transaction and it had nothing to do with the customer being at fault, the matter should be fixed immediately. I have never done business with these people but sounds pretty shady for someone to never have time to answer emails or return phone calls. We all know everybody has sometime throughout each day to take 5 mins. and call or email

TripleMoonsExotic 07-01-2010 06:15 PM

This is a little surprising. I know he's been busy moving, getting NatPet running and selling out his 8Ball business. Nearly 2 1/2 years on waiting on ball pythons is ridiculous!

2kdime 07-01-2010 08:49 PM

Unexcuseable

lillyorchid 07-01-2010 11:35 PM

If you are unable to get a hold on him, call or email Peter Kahl. I know Adam and Pete hang out regularly.

lillyorchid 07-01-2010 11:37 PM

I just went to check out http://www.8ballpythons.com/ and it seems like his site is no more? Anyone else having trouble accessing his site?

TheVipersHouse 07-01-2010 11:50 PM

Adma is a very busy man nowadays . i spoke with him at the last Hamburg ,Pa show and he told me that he is having some close family member issues ,so getting a hold of him is even harder . hes traveling back and forth from jersey and his home .

your best bet is to keep emailing him and he will get back to you as soon as he gets the chance .
if not try catching him at a show thats near you that he attends ..

sorry i couldnt be more help but this past month or so hes been going thru alot of problems with his family member ..

TheVipersHouse 07-01-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 994591)
Adam has definitely been busy as of late, and is extremely hard to get ahold of, period. I do believe that his wife is now handling alot of the animals and the business, and that she has been handling alot of his emails as well.

this is correct

SERPENTS DEN 07-01-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVipersHouse (Post 995302)
Adma is a very busy man nowadays . i spoke with him at the last Hamburg ,Pa show and he told me that he is having some close family member issues ,so getting a hold of him is even harder . hes traveling back and forth from jersey and his home .

your best bet is to keep emailing him and he will get back to you as soon as he gets the chance .
if not try catching him at a show thats near you that he attends ..

sorry i couldnt be more help but this past month or so hes been going thru alot of problems with his family member ..

It's highly unlikely that the OP will catch up with Adam at a show when he's from Africa, and he's been waiting 2 1/2 years for a resolution.

TheVipersHouse 07-01-2010 11:56 PM

i must have missed the part about him being in south africa my mistake on that .
but what i mentioned above is what adam himself told me at Hamburg .

Skiploder 07-02-2010 03:25 AM

After reading the thread on BP.Net it appears that Adam acknowledged that some sort of refund was due back in March. Other than that, there have been no posted details of the transaction.

If he had time to make it to the last Hamburg show he had ample time to settle this issue with the OP.

repsrul 07-02-2010 08:44 AM

Has anyone made Adam aware of this thread?

I will contact him and make him aware of this thread. His 8 Ball email address is no more.

deborahbroadus 07-02-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skiploder (Post 995539)
After reading the thread on BP.Net it appears that Adam acknowledged that some sort of refund was due back in March. Other than that, there have been no posted details of the transaction.

If he had time to make it to the last Hamburg show he had ample time to settle this issue with the OP.

If he's selling the business (this is the inference I get) then he may no longer care about his "rep?":shrug01:

repsrul 07-02-2010 10:02 AM

Adam is selling his collection but is not leaving the industry. So I would think he does care about his reputation. I have made him aware of this thread.

TheDream 07-02-2010 10:58 AM

I read through all the previous posts and it seems that everyone has the same consensus in that Adam is busy moving, family troubles, etc.

I have seen him at every Hamburg show, every Havre de Grace show. He has the time to address this issue and being that it has already been two years?

I really hope this issue becomes resolved. This would be a shame, especially from such a representative like Adam.

Skiploder 07-02-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahbroadus (Post 995729)
If he's selling the business (this is the inference I get) then he may no longer care about his "rep?":shrug01:

This apparently has been going on for two years.................

deborahbroadus 07-02-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDream (Post 995778)
I read through all the previous posts and it seems that everyone has the same consensus in that Adam is busy moving, family troubles, etc.

I have seen him at every Hamburg show, every Havre de Grace show. He has the time to address this issue and being that it has already been two years?

I really hope this issue becomes resolved. This would be a shame, especially from such a representative like Adam.

I am not numbered among the 'everyone.':ack2:

Since apparently this issue HAS gone on for so long, yet the excuses, reasons listed do not seem to prevent him from attending shows, it seems logic would lead one to believe, he no longer cares about this issue (since he is aware of it)?

That's just the conclusion I have reached, I would be overjoyed to be proven wrong and I hope he pays the man and puts this behind him.:shrug01:

*If, of course, the OP has been proven to be in the right.

lockes 07-03-2010 06:31 AM

Thanks for all the replies......

My intention is not to bad-mouth Adam but I actually don't know what to do anymore, as he is not responding to my emails

I do have all the invoices, proof of payments and countless emails of promises and more promises. I just want him to get back to me and respond to my emails. I have also phoned and left messages in the past but with no luck.

Hopefully he will get back to me after hearing of this thread. I am out of pocket of $5000 and I can't just forget about that (and that is when it was 12/1 exchange rate and now its only 7.5/1 so there is a significant loss there already)

Thanks for all your help

deborahbroadus 07-03-2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockes (Post 996820)
Thanks for all the replies......

My intention is not to bad-mouth Adam but I actually don't know what to do anymore, as he is not responding to my emails

I do have all the invoices, proof of payments and countless emails of promises and more promises. I just want him to get back to me and respond to my emails. I have also phoned and left messages in the past but with no luck.

Hopefully he will get back to me after hearing of this thread. I am out of pocket of $5000 and I can't just forget about that (and that is when it was 12/1 exchange rate and now its only 7.5/1 so there is a significant loss there already)

Thanks for all your help

FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS???? :ack2:

*and we talk about AFRICAN scammers...:shrug01:

mikeyt 07-03-2010 10:14 AM

I would like to say that I agree with everyone here that I am surprised there has been no resolution to issue.

There is in no way any excuse for Adams actions (or lack there of) in resolving this matter. I have heard from many of people over the last 6 months the same story, he is no where to be found. I too, have seen Adam at many shows set-up or just wondering around talking to vendors, so there should be plenty of time to make a phone call or return an email.

I agree with Deb on this one, I have come to the same conclusion that maybe since Adam is selling off his collection that he no longer cares about his reputation.

While I do appreciate the effort that Adam has made, and the sacrifices that he has made to make a stand for the reptile community, I also want the comfort of knowing that the one representing myself and the rest of the community is acting in an honest, responsible and respectable manner.

Adam, you had a good name, a good business, and you are a good man. If there is any truth to this matter, for yourself, for the industry, make this right.

dturner100 07-03-2010 12:21 PM

More than 2 years? Are you kidding me? It's time to quit being a nice guy with the "oh I don't want to bad mouth Adam" stuff.

I don't care about somebodies past reputation when it's 5k out of my pocket. Stiff somebody for 2 years out of 5k and you're officially a deadbeat in my book.

chuck69 07-03-2010 01:16 PM

You might as well face it he rip you off. Your in AFRICAN and he here in the states. Sound to me like he plan on ripping you off from the get go. I mean really what can you do from there. It not like you can jump in a car a and hunt him down. IMO he sound like a crook. $5,000.00 that a really hard leason learn. I feel for your lost. That why i would never buy from over sea. I like doing business with people close enough i can hop in my car take a drive, hunt down, and break their legs if they screw me over. That's just me.:dgrin:

Slipmattic 07-03-2010 09:06 PM

Sounds to me like Adam is dodging him/her. I can see maybe a month or two, but TWO years? That's along time. I would definatley be trying to how to build a court case against him. Although i have no clue as to do that, internationally? Because that seems the only way you are going to get your money back. If this does happen, you than can sue for cost of flying to that states etc. Just a thought... And Chuck yes, beating someone down and breaking their knees is sometimes satisfying, but non the less your still out your money. In this case it would be 5k, plus intrest.

WillArt 07-03-2010 09:41 PM

Really,its been over 2 years - I think you have been dooped.I dont know the guy,sounds like a few here do,so I wont bash him,but I have been scammed/ripped off and know where your coming from.If I were you after a month of no contact and that much money I would of taken some legal action.Sorry that happened to you.

lockes 07-04-2010 05:50 AM

Scamming somebody is jut not in my nature so I have probably just been too forgiving.......

I am busy speaking with the International Consumer protection agency in the US as well as debt collectors in the US. I will have to go this route if I don't hear from him soon.

JudyC 07-04-2010 09:46 AM

I've known Adam personally for years. I can safely say he did NOT set out to scam anyone. That doesn't excuse his neglect of the problem and it saddens me greatly to see such a good man having gotten buried in debts he can't seem to repay. I'm sure there are people out there who will scream "scammer" and label him an evil person no mater what...but they'd be wrong. But again, that does not excuse the fact that he got himself into this mess and seems to be avoiding the issue rather than confronting it head-on. Even small steps...if taken with honesty and sincerity...will help bring this matter to a resolution. Avoidance will not. :(

Skiploder 07-04-2010 11:56 AM

I don't think he set out to scam anyone - but a lot of people who end up on the BOI don't start out intending to scam anyone either.

It's when the chips are down, when a deal go south or when you are called upon to maintain your business ethics when your personal life is in the crapper than sets apart the good guys from the bad guys. Integrity isn't selective - you can't only have it when it's convenient to you.

This has apparently gone on for two years - and I know that up until this spring Adam was still active on BP.Net.

While the OP has yet to lay out all the facts and present all of the correspondence that corroborates his position, the referenced thread and BP.Net has an admission by Wysocki that he was aware and ready to deal with the problem a few months ago.

I don't think Adam is an evil person. But if the OP's story is true and he is out between $1700 and $5000 (depending on exchange rates) that Adam refuses to repay - that's theft, pure and simple.

I know alot of other people who have been beat up for pages for one deal gone wrong. While this isn't directed at Judy, there are plenty of people willing to give Adam the benefit of the doubt or somehow try to make excuses for this incident based on his past status.

Put yourself in the position of a guy who lives half a world away and who has allegedly been robbed of a lot of money. How would you feel hearing a chorus of "well he's just a good guy who fell on hard times"? I doesn't sit well, especially when this crap has apparently been going on for over two years.

charleshanklin 07-04-2010 11:58 AM

This is really sounding like Alex Hue all over again but I certainly hope not.

lockes 07-04-2010 03:01 PM

Adams reputation and amazing service was the reason I decided to deal with him in the first place.

Unfortunately still not heard from Adam, so will send him another mail tonight

I know he is a good guy so I trust he will sort this out

TripleMoonsExotic 07-04-2010 05:02 PM

It's been mentioned (both here and in the show circuit gossip) that Adam's in some major debt. If this is true, why did he setup this non-profit, NatPet? How was he able to and continue to be able to support such a large organization if he has such personal/business debt? I would think his debts as 8 Ball should be settled before he setup a new organization. He's collecting donations for NatPet, yet owes people money?

deborahbroadus 07-04-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic (Post 998181)
It's been mentioned (both here and in the show circuit gossip) that Adam's in some major debt. If this is true, why did he setup this non-profit, NatPet? How was he able to and continue to be able to support such a large organization if he has such personal/business debt? I would think his debts as 8 Ball should be settled before he setup a new organization. He's collecting donations for NatPet, yet owes people money?

Interesting.:ack2:

David Reid 07-04-2010 05:49 PM

I would not send anyone donations for anything if I knew they owed people serious money. Would the donation money make it where it was supposed to go....?

Dave

SERPENTS DEN 07-04-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic (Post 998181)

Adam collecting donations for NatPet :rofl: Has anyone asked to see his bookkeeping on where the donations are going ending up? :ack2:
Humane Society of America amongst many others are non-profit organizations yet the CEO's live luxurious lifestyles. IMO Adam is no better than any other scammer that has been exposed on the BOI The only difference is Adam has a following of @$$ kissers making excuses for his inability pay back what he owes because he has debt. Has anybody else noticed how frequently he goes to $tatbucks. If you're in so much debt wouldn't that mean you couldn't afford $6.00 for coffee drinks?

Gecko_Den 07-04-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serpentsden (Post 998222)
Adam collecting donations for NatPet :rofl: Has anyone asked to see his bookkeeping on where the donations are going ending up? :ack2:
Humane Society of America amongst many others are non-profit organizations yet the CEO's live luxurious lifestyles. IMO Adam is no better than any other scammer that has been exposed on the BOI The only difference is Adam has a following of @$$ kissers making excuses for his inability pay back what he owes because he has debt. Has anybody else noticed how frequently he goes to $tatbucks. If you're in so much debt wouldn't that mean you couldn't afford $6.00 for coffee drinks?

I haven't spoken to Adam, and do not know the whole story here. However, I am amazed Steve that given your history you are so quick to judge without knowing all of the facts. It wasn't that long ago that you were a fugitive from justice, on the run, and asking for everyone to give you the benefit of the doubt before passing judgment...:shrug01: