FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Has anyone dealt with Cameron or Ashley Glucheff (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37531)

Scooter J 04-25-2004 07:39 PM

My first question

I guess I am just stupid, but my first question by Cameron to Anthony is when did it die, why did you feed it, what happened after it arrived fine on Tuesday, and did you do anything that may have caused it any damage. How can I control what transpired from Tuesday to Saturday. I really would be questioning Anthony, instead Mrs. Glucheff is pulling the selling to a minor card, that is the whole rationale for me thinking this thing smells of a scam. Sorry, but i will take my case to court and let the judge hear all of their foolishness.

Thank You,
Scott J. Cotey

JJFOUTZ 04-25-2004 08:03 PM

Re: what I do know

Quote:

Originally posted by maddog
Yes, being at their house you would think I could find something out from Cameron, but when he is not home, it's kind of hard.
No I was not at Anthony's when it was delivered. I was with Cameron and I seen the snake dead first hand yesterday. So I know that is a fact.
I can not answer why their are two ship addresses.

Basically, after 8 posts and a warning point (more if all his posts were looked at):no01:. All you can tell us for sure is that the snake is dead.

The BoidSmith 04-25-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

Alvaro, Do you happen to have Bruce from B&T's last name? I saw that you did a search on him in the past, and was just wondering, since he is a Bruce in Maryland, and probably not operating under B&T anymore after all the stuff with the het. balls.
Probably not the same Bruce, but could be.
No, I don't have it and I can't can't remember.

Again, for something to kill a boa that fast it has to be drastic. It was fine and eating and 5 days later it died. Cameron never indicated a concern for specific symptoms before the sudden death (for example: neurological, respiratory, diarrhea, regurgitation, etc.). Knowing it was kept in a tank where there is very little chance for thermal gradient I wander if excess temperature could have been the most likely cause of death. Again, just speculation.

Scott,

Do you have pictures of the boa while it was alive at your place? The picture of the dead boa posted in this thread doesn't show the entire body.

Thanks.

HerpVenue 04-25-2004 08:39 PM

let me first off say.....I do not know either party.

but let me state some facts as I see them.

1. Coast to coast reptiles.....implies you are a business or a wanna be business. but we might be able to overlook this.

2. Saying you have a partner implies you are in business. we might be able to overlook this.

3. To be in business you have to be old enough. we definatley can't over look this

4. To have an account on reptibid you have to abide by their rules. we can't over look this

5. This is the first rule on reptibid
Article 1. Eligibility of membership - This auction site is only available to people who are legally able to form binding contracts with you and the seller/buyer of an auction item. People who are of under age of 18 are not eligible for membership due to security precautions that can result as of those members. If you do not meet these requirements, you are not eligible to use these auction services. we definately can't over look this

6. This dee lawson (or whatever their name is) does not care for the rules of this and any other site and neither does the other people involved. I see a pattern of BLATANT disreguard for rules and TOS

7. After blatant disreguard for rules and TOS...they all of a sudden want Scott to abide by the California laws which they just made up. double standards?

8. The snake was shipped to an adult. Therefore that adult took responsibility. End of story. no ifs and or buts.

9. Snakes do not die so suddenly unless there is something extremely wrong before you get excited read number ten (10)

10. If there is something extremly wrong with a snake ie disease or what not.....It definately would NOT EAT

you still think you will win this case?

HerpVenue 04-25-2004 08:43 PM

Scott some questions for you.
yes and no will be fine

1. Did they represent themselves as Coast to Caost Reptiles?

2. Did they refer to each other as "partner"?

3. Did they buy the snake through a website where you have to be eighteen (18) to participate?

4. Did you send the snake to an adult named "Anthony"?

5. Did you give a warranty or mention a warranty or imply a warranty?

end of discussion no ifs and or buts.
I rest my case

Scooter J 04-25-2004 09:13 PM

Answers to the Questions

1. Did they represent themselves as Coast to Caost Reptiles?

Yes they did represent themselves as a business as indicated by the emails.

2. Did they refer to each other as "partner"? Yes as indicated by their emails again.

3. Did they buy the snake through a website where you have to be eighteen (18) to participate?
Yes, they got a hold of me from reptibid, but after the auction failed to net a high enough price. They even tried to buy him through a buy it now option, and I have the email to prove it.

4. Did you send the snake to an adult named "Anthony"?
Yes, I was instructed to mail the snake to Anthony Vasquez

5. Did you give a warranty or mention a warranty or imply a warranty?

No, I did not offer a warranty, nor did they ask for one, but I would have been obligated had the snake arrived in poor condition, which it did not.

I also would like to post the latest email from the mother for all of you to review as well as my response to her. I am really trying to hold my patience but she is pressing me to the limit.

It doesn't really matter if you have an attorney since this is a small
claims issue. Attorneys are not allowed in small claims court.Since Cameron
paid for the snake and sent the money order it does not make a difference
that you mailed it to Anthony but I am sure that your attorney told you
this. I have your home address and will make sure that the local Marshall
serves you the court papers. I will see you this summer in court. Since I am
the one filing the case against you I will set the date in July. You can
also expect me to get the proper paperwork for the Attorney Generals Office.
I am also going to contact the postal authorities since the check was mailed
as was the snake to see if there was some kind of Federal Offense. Please
have no doubt that I will not take this to the full extent of the law. I
will also contact your local newspaper and write a commentary as well as
posting this on the website. I want to ensure that you do not take advantage
of other minors.
You are an adult and you should be ashamed to have taken advantage of a
minor. You have made accusations about me trying to "scam" you but rest
assured I am a not that type of person and this will be addressed in court.
I teach at a local college part-time and am a full time Special Education
teacher, and my husband is a Master Sergeant who is currently serving in
Iraq. This is not about the money but about an adult who "scams' minors out
of their hard earned money. As a child advocate in my community it is my job
to protect children against people like.
In case you misplace any of my emails you will be able to view them on the
"Inquiry Board". I know that this is am appropriate forum since you posted
the emails there first.
You have replied to many of the issues but you did not reply to the one
about any "reputable" dealer would guarantee the snake for 7 days. Is there
some reason that you don't feel that this is an issue? Cam was at the local
reptile show this weekend and every dealer has a 7 day guarantee. I will
bring proof of this when I take you to court.
I would have Cameron file the court papers but as you know he is a minor and
cannot handle matters such as this. I am sure that in the long run that this
will cause you a lot more time a greif then it would have to refund my son
his money.
Ashley Gluhcheff

No my response, sorry I got a little fed up with her.

Mrs. Glucheff,

I am not a business, but a private owner. I sold the snake to coast to coast reptiles, who represented themselves, Cameron and Bruce as partners, as indicated in their emails. I followed their instructions to the letter, and sent the boa to Anthony Vasquez, who reported to me that everything was fine with the boa. If you have any issues they should be #1 with your son for misrepresentation, #2 with Anthony Vasquez, who said the snake was fine and doing great, what happened from Tuesday to Saturday, #3 you should ask yourself why a 15 year old boy is doing business with another individual named Bruce and passing themselves off as a business. I look forward to seeing you in court. By the way, why don't you teach your children to accept responsibility for their actions, instead of always looking to blame others. As far as a return policy, since the snake was sent to Anthony Vasquez and he informed me it was fine and doing great, then I don't have any responsibility for the snake after that, unless you can prove to me that it was ill before it was sent, which it wasn't. Something occurred from Tuesday till your son received it on Saturday, but you are just looking to blame me without searching for the truth. I will not be bullied, intimidated or threatened by a mother that hasn't got enough sense of right and wrong to teach her children properly. I hope you haven't infected the population teaching your school children those same values.

Good Day,
Scott J. Cotey

Thank you for your assistance

Scott J. Cotey

The BoidSmith 04-25-2004 09:35 PM

Pictures?

Scott,

Do you have a picture of the boa while alive and before it was shipped (the picture you showed Cameron)? The one posted of the dead boa only shows the upper 1/3 of the body. Just wanted to verify the nutritional status of the animal Mr. Vazquez received.

Thanks,

Randy T. 04-25-2004 09:41 PM

I want to see a full body picture of the dead animal.. As far as we know the gentlemen caring for the dh ghost could have dropped a heavy item on it and ruptured something internally.. But without a vet visit or atleast a full body picture we will never know.

I also wanted to mention as far as "small claims court won't allow attorneys" that may be so, but when the defamation of character and possible other counter suit claims are brought into this it more then likely will go well beyond small claims.

I still think it is needed to know the ages of the purchasers, (both of them) and the individual who took in the package.

This is sad example of why home schooling is such a good idea in todays day and age. I think all teachers with the "blame anyone but your children/self" mentality should be kicked out of the teaching profession..

dwedeking 04-25-2004 09:47 PM

Quote:

small claims court won't allow attorneys
Actually this is only partially true. While an attorney can not represent you in small claims, if you lose you have 30 days to appeal. At the appeal you can bring in your lawyer to argue for you. As per California law.

Sasheena 04-25-2004 09:55 PM

Quote:

This is sad example of why home schooling is such a good idea in todays day and age. I think all teachers with the "blame anyone but your children/self" mentality should be kicked out of the teaching profession..
Don't blame the entire teaching profession due to the bad example of one teacher. There are as many kinds of teachers out there as there are people who own and sell herps.... the real scum and the real noble. As a teacher I try to teach my students to be responsible for their themselves. It's amazing to me how many will come on a day when they know in advance that no bathroom passes will be given out, and want to go to the restroom within minutes of arriving at class. I tell them they need to be responsible for their bodily functions, their mouths, and their own learning. They don't understand this, but hopefully, over the course of four years in high school, they learn a bit of this and leave high school a slightly more responsible person.

The saddest thing is when someone without any sense of personal responsibility is empowered in this by the actions of their parent(s), teaching them to place blame elsewhere, anything other than taking personal responsibility. It's a HARD thing to do to take personal responsibility, but the rewards are worth it. Sadly our entire society is turning into a blaming morass. And homeschooling is not necessarily the answer. I had a student who was homeschooled, came to High School, threatened another student with a knife to the throat and was able to get around ANY personal responsibility by threatening the witnesses into lying, and getting a good lawyer. The student returned to the classroom, slick as can be, no personal responsibility, mom and dad fixed it, like they fixed the witnesses.