FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Has anyone dealt with Cameron or Ashley Glucheff (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37531)

Scooter J 04-25-2004 11:14 AM

Has anyone dealt with Cameron or Ashley Glucheff

I was selling a DH Ghost on reptibid, I know, I know, I should have spent the extra money and sold it on a reliable site. But anyway, apparently the buyer was only 15, and purchased him without the knowledge of his parents. The buyer had me ship the snake to a friends address, who I am assuming is old enough, but upon arrival I called the friend and recieved confirmation that the snake arrived and was fine. That was Tuesday, April 20th. I know the snake was free of any health problems and now today, I recieved the following email from the mother requesting the money back. I am refusing her, and I think this is some sort of scam being conducted by them. Has anyone heard of these people. thanks for your help.

Sincerely, and Honestly,
Scott J. Cotey

Mr Cotey,
My name is Ashley Gluhcheff. My son Cameron bought a snake from you online
and mailed you a money order for $350.00. When Cameron took posession of the
snake it was dead. I had him take pictures of the snake so you can see that
it is dead. He will email them to you tonight. Cameron is 15 years old and
cannot legally enter a contract to make purchases of this sort. He purchased
this snake without my permission or knowledge. I expect you to return his
money. You can mail it directly to me at :
Ashley Gluhcheff
16775 Joshua Rd
Apple Valley CA 92307
If you have any questions you can reach me at 760-221-8520 or on my home
phone 760-247-9505. You have 7 days to return his money.

Scooter J 04-25-2004 11:17 AM

One other Point of Interest

They had purchased the Dh Ghost under the business name of Coast to Coast reptiles. I had previously requested information on them from this board, but no one replied. Thank you,

Scott J. Cotey

dself40 04-25-2004 11:27 AM

Scott,

If my memory severs me wright there was another deal like this a while back I cant remeber who it was I will look and see and I am sure one of the other mebers will remeber it.

The BoidSmith 04-25-2004 11:44 AM

I don't know how good this will be.

Quote:

User Agreement between you and Reptile Auction
The following is the user agreement as presented by Reptile Auction . you must agree to these terms before you will be able to sell items, or bid on them. if you do not accept these terms, please, do not use our services. once you click the i accept button below, you agree to these said terms of the user agreement below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article 1. Eligibility of membership - This auction site is only available to people who are legally able to form binding contracts with you and the seller/buyer of an auction item. People who are of under age of 18 are not eligible for membership due to security precautions that can result as of those members. If you do not meet these requirements, you are not eligible to use these auction services.
Scott,

In order to use Reptibid you have to be 18 years of age. Cameron signed for an account with the site stating he was at least 18 years old. He obviously violated the terms of the agreement. Will that help your case? I don't know.

The boa was healthy and died in 5 days? You have to try hard to kill a boa in just five days!

Regards.

Scooter J 04-25-2004 11:50 AM

Defense???

Regardless of my defense, I have saved every email having sent and recieved with regard to this transaction. The so called boy, Cameron, requested that I ship the boa to Anthony Vasquez and I just called Anthony and left him a message, that he better get his story straight, because I have his confirmed voice message indicating that the snake was fine and doing great. What happened from Tuesday to Sunday, is anyone's guess, but I don't think that I am responsible, unless this snake was diseased which it wasn't. Everything about this animal was healthy, so I rest my case. I truly believe these people are trying to pull a scam.

Sincerely,

Scott J. Cotey

The BoidSmith 04-25-2004 12:00 PM

Quote:

I truly believe these people are trying to pull a scam.
Scott,

It is possible. But in my opinion the real problem here is not with the health status of the boa, but with the fact that you sold an animal to a minor. What I'm saying is that you assumed he was at least 18 because that's what Reptibid has in their user agreement. The point I'm making is that Cameron did not tell the truth when he signed for an account with Reptibid. Again, will that help you? I don't know. Again, this is not about the boa dying in 5 days, or them wanting to pull a fast one on you. It is about you selling a boa to a person that cannot go into a legally binding contract because he is a minor.

Regards.

Scooter J 04-25-2004 12:13 PM

Actual Sale

The actual sale took place as a result of my posting on reptibid. No one purchased the snake at the reserve price. Then, I recieved an email from Coast to Coast reptiles, from Cameron and Bruce. Two people that said they wanted to purchase him. I entered into the agreement, with both, I recieve MO's from both, they split the costs, and I sent the snake to the indicated address of one Anthony Vasquez. Upon arrival, I confirmed the snake was alive and doing fine, so I am not going to deal with this anymore. I am not a business, I am a private owner, and entered into this agreement in good faith. The fact that he was under 18 should not come into play. Therefore, I am finished discussing this case, I only posted it to find out if anyone had run into these people. thanks,

Scott J. Cotey

JJFOUTZ 04-25-2004 12:38 PM

I would think that them approching you as Cost to Cost Reptiles would be considered a business transaction. They did not approch you as two 15 year olds wanting a boa. They approched you as an established business. Did thier age come up in any communications you had with them before you shipped?

Scooter J 04-25-2004 12:44 PM

Just represented as Coast to Coast

The only correspondence was through email, and they represented themselves as Bruce and Cameron from Coast to Coast reptiles. I actually tried to get feedback on them from this site, but, based on the emails, I assumed it was an adult. My big concern is that the snake arrived at the shipment destination, Anthony Vasquez's address, and I received verbal confirmation that everything was fine. What happened between Tuesday to Sunday, I have no control over, or will I believe at this point. Thanks,

As I mentioned, I am dealing with my lawyer on this, as I am not a business but a private owner of boas, and I only posted on this site to find out if anyone has dealt with or heard of Coast to Coast or Ashley or Cameron Glucheff. I did not post to get everyones opinion on who is right or wrong. Thank you.

Scott J. Cotey

The BoidSmith 04-25-2004 01:21 PM

Scott,

Quote:

I entered into the agreement, with both, I recieve MO's from both, they split the costs, and I sent the snake to the indicated address of one Anthony Vasquez.
They are more than likely not an established business but a couple of teenagers. If the MO was signed by Cameron then you sold a snake to a minor. Granted you didn't know about it and are only aware now because of his mother.

Quote:

Upon arrival, I confirmed the snake was alive and doing fine, so I am not going to deal with this anymore.
Regrettably, and in this instance, it is not you who is going to determine that.

Quote:

I am not a business, I am a private owner, and entered into this agreement in good faith.
It could have happened to anyone, but it's the way it is.

Quote:

The fact that he was under 18 should not come into play.
But it does. Just as an example, if a liquor store sells alcohol to a minor they will be fined. They can also loose their license. They can't claim they didn't know about their age. It is their responsibility to find out. If in doubt they need check to check IDs. Check Mark Lucas' ads on KS, he always states that before selling a reptile he has the right to request proof of age. Why do you think that is?

It is not the first time we have heard of this happening to someone and it's probably not going to be the last. Sorry it happened to you.

Best regards.

CGluhcheff 04-25-2004 01:59 PM

The Emails

Since you are posting things about us, we decided to post all of the emails between you and my mother.

The first one Scott has already posted, so I'll start with the second.

Miss Ashley,

Number one, he had me mail the snake to a friend, who called me and informed me that the snake was fine and doing great. I am not responsible for what happened after that point, and you are now going to be reported to the Board of inquiry for your actions. Number two, your son and another gentleman named Bruce both purchased the snake, and I am not going to return any money based on the incident. I have proof that the snake was alive and well upon delivery, and I cannot help it if your son purchase something underage, or without your permission. Perhaps you had better keep better tabs on what your son is doing. If you would like to take this to court, I would be more than happy to oblige.

Sincerely,

Scott J. Cotey

Third:
I just attempted to call you, but received your answering machine. And I have decided that I will not discuss this case with you any further. I have acted in a responsible and professional manner, and the fact that your son is under age, doesn't matter. He represented himself as a business, and I have proof that Anthony Vasquez received the snake Tuesday, April @0th, and it was alive and well. So, your beef is with whatever happened after Anthony received the animal. Also, I would discuss proper business dealings with your son. To say that he is under age is no excuse, what if he went into a pet store and bought the animal, there are no laws concerning age that prohibit that purchase. So, I will not be dealing with you on this matter any further. If you would like to take it up in court, I will be more than happy to. One more thing, I am very upset that the snake is dead, because it was a very healthy, beautiful animal, so I am assuming that sometime between Tuesday and Sunday, someone abused the animal. And if that is the case, then shame on you people for your actions.

Sincerely,
Scott J. Cotey

Fourth:
Scott,
Pet store and reputable dealers give a 7 day warranty on snakes and other animals ( I can prove this in court). I feel that the snake was sick when you set it to him. I am not sure what the Board of Inquiry means but I am forwarding a formal complaint to the State Attorney General Office in both states. You can look forward to hearing from me because I will not drop this. As a teacher I am off during the summer and will make sure that this is taken to court. My father who just happens to he a retired Deputy District Attorney for San Bernardino County had offered to assist me in the matter. If you think I am bluffing about this you are more than welcome to call the DA office and verify this. I do have not problem taking you to court and I feel that you took advantage of him because of his age. I know that a minor cannot enter into such a purchase and I am confident I will win. Coming to your state is not a problem I will make sure that all appropriate court and legal papers are done. This is not a money issue but a principal issue.
Ashley

Fifth:
Mrs. Glucheff,

Your son Cameron and another gentleman by the name of Bruce, both represented themselves as a business, named Coast to Coast reptiles. My attorney has informed me that it doesn't matter that he was under age, he falsely represented himself as a legitimate business.

Thank you,
Scott

Sixth:
Mrs. Glucheff,

Attached please find the instructions from Cameron at Coast to Coast Reptiles, indicating the shipping address to Anthony Vasquez. I have all of my documentation on this and I look forward to seeing you in court.

Thank you,

Hey,
Alright I have the address for the person who will be recieving him. The address is:
Anthony Vasquez
346 N. Puente Ave.
West Covina, CA. 91790
His cell phone number is 626-641-5784. Just call him if you have any other questions. You can send him out this Wednesday or any time next week if you can. Thank you.
Cameron

seventh:
Scott,
Please forward me the name and address of your attorney. I will make sure that the proper documents are sent to him. I also feel that this is a scam and that you are the one that is the scam artist.
When you talk to your attorney make sure that he verifies that the Law in California and in most other states that there is a seven day guarantee of life on all purchased animals. This will hold up in court and I guess I will see you this summer in court. We have already planned a road trip and this will just be more more one stop on our 6 week vacation.

Ashley Gluhcheff

Cameron stated that he has all of the emails that he sent you.

eight:
Mrs. Glucheff,

Your son Cameron and another gentleman by the name of Bruce, both represented
themselves as a business, named Coast to Coast reptiles. My attorney has
informed me that it doesn't matter that he was under age, he falsely represented
himself as a legitimate business.

Thank you,
Scott

Ninth:
Mrs. Glucheff,

I await to hear from your attorney. thank you.

Scott J. Cotey

Tenth:
Scott,
I never represented myself as having an attorney. My father is an attorney and is going to help me with this as a family member. I need your attorney's info. I am requesting or was that just another "scam" . You are the only person who stated that they have hired an attorney.
Since we are posting this trasnaction on the website for snakes I have given Cameron my pemission to post all of our responses.
Ashley

So far, he has not responded so we do not know the name of his attorney. The only reason I posted this was because Scott decided we were going to. Here are all of the facts and not just what Scott says.

dwedeking 04-25-2004 02:00 PM

Scott,

In a correct world you did nothing wrong. It's a shame that the parents do not have enough responsibility to take care of their kids mistakes (I know as a kid my parents would have given you back the snake and I'd be figuring out how to handle my lost money, as I'd be the one in trouble for buying the snake not you for selling it especially at 15 (along with trying to figure out why my bottom hurt so much :D )).

In reality there is a hassle created that your lawyer will need to take care of for you (which, in my opinion, is the smartest way to handle it as that email from the mother looked toooooo "professional" to me). Thank you for the heads up on this group.

Scooter J 04-25-2004 02:16 PM

Response

I did respond to their request for my attorneys information, and I told them that I had spoken to my attorney, and that when I recieve all of their information on the lawsuit, then I will retain my attorney's assistance. Until then, I am not going to get involved, and let the lawyers settle the case.

Thank you,

Scott J. Cotey

David Reid 04-25-2004 02:23 PM

I find it sickening

that parents put the blame on EVERYONE else, and take no responsibility for THEIR kid's actions. Why was the snake in question not sent to the kids house? Maybe, just maybe, because he bought the snake after his parents said no, you cannot buy it. That is a problem between the mother and the son, ground his butt. Take the money out of his allowance or something. As for you being a teacher......:(

David

Temecula, CA

JJFOUTZ 04-25-2004 02:28 PM

Sounds like she needs to TEACH her son a thing or two. It is funny that she didn't have a problem with any of it and she wasn't herd from till the snake in question died.

JJFOUTZ 04-25-2004 02:33 PM

Did they offer or supply ANY proof that the snake is actually dead? Pics or anything at all?

MarcAntony 04-25-2004 02:37 PM

If this person is allowed to teach children, it might explain a few things about why our society is headed in the direction it is. If one of my sons had pulled this type of deal, I would be taking issue with my son, not the innocent seller who was duped. Lady, start to teach your kid more responsibility instead of trying to make excuses for him. Next he will be offering non-existent albino retics on reptibid, and you will still be making excuses for him. Parents like you make me sick.

Just sign me, "Sick & Disgusted"

DThomas 04-25-2004 02:57 PM

Thia\s is so typical of parents nowadays. Blame everyone but "my innocent can not do anything wrong perfect angel."

Ashley, here is what YOUR son did wrong.

1. Falsely/fraudulently mis-represented himself as a legitimate business. HE did this because he knew he could not purchase a snake legitimately as a minor.

2. He went behind your back to purchase this snake then further hid his actions by having the snake shipped to his friend's house.

A good start would be for you to teach your son the meaning of the word integrity.

I would suggest you go speak with your father again about culpable mental states. Scott did not knowingly sell to a minor. He only did so because YOUR son LIED about being a legitimate business, lending to the assumption he was of age.

If you have photo's of the dead snake, why wait until tonight to email them. You can attach them right here in this thread for everyone to see. Instead of alot of hot air, lets see some hard proof.

And start supervising your son, he is obviously not mature enough to behave on his own.

CGluhcheff 04-25-2004 02:59 PM

The snake

1 Attachment(s)
You're right, this snake isn't dead at all. Look at this pic. By the way, I have frozen the body just in case.

DThomas 04-25-2004 03:04 PM

What day did the snake die?
And how was "Anthony" keeping?
What type of enclosure?
What temps was he keeping it at?
Did it have fresh water?
Did he try to feed it?
If so, what and did it eat?

You need to provide this type of information.

DThomas 04-25-2004 03:09 PM

A couple more..

Was the snake taken to a vet for a check up upon arrival?
If not, why not?
Did you have a necropsy done to find out the cause of death?
Again, if not, why not?

A necropsy could have proven you received the snake sick but a little late now since it is frozen if it hasn't been done.

CGluhcheff 04-25-2004 03:14 PM

My input

Also, I saved all of the emails between Scott and I. Not once did I mention I was a business in ANY of them. If he jumped to the conclusion of me being a business, thats his own fault. If I were you, next time I would ask for a proof of age. AND, this is not about purchasing without consent or anything like that, this is about a DEAD SNAKE. I don't know why it went from, "the snake died" to "shame on you for buying it". The simple fact of the matter is that we purchased a snake and it died.

As to why the snake went to Anthony, was not because I was hiding it, but because I would be at school and wanted somebody I knew and that had knowledge of snakes to recieve him.

CGluhcheff 04-25-2004 03:20 PM

Necropsy

The only problem with me taking him for a necropsy, is that the snake died before I was able to. As my mom stated, he died before I recieved him. I trust Anthony 100% with my snakes and would still let him care for any of them while I was away.

DThomas 04-25-2004 03:27 PM

Re: My input

Quote:

Originally posted by CGluhcheff
Also, I saved all of the emails between Scott and I. Not once did I mention I was a business in ANY of them.
Then post them.

Quote:

If I were you, next time I would ask for a proof of age.
Next time, you should have your mother make the purchases for you. You shouldn't be buying animals, PERIOD.

Quote:

AND, this is not about purchasing without consent or anything like that,
Actually, it is part of it. It was your mother that is trying that angle to get money back.

Quote:

I don't know why it went from, "the snake died" to "shame on you for buying it".
Because you LIED to purchase the snake. Why should we just take your word for it the snake just up and died? Many factors could have led to the snake's death while in the care of your friend.

A necropsy is done AFTER the snake has already died. It may help determine cause of death.

You still haven't answered all my prior questions. You haven't addressed the husbandry issues, or how long Anthony had it.

CGluhcheff 04-25-2004 03:29 PM

Care given

Sorry, I did not notice your questions.

The snake died on Saturday April 24th.
The enclosure was a 20 gal. long.
The cage was kept in his room and he stated it was kept at preferable temps with a Zoomed thermostat.
Yes, he had fresh water and the bowl was large enough to soak in.
Yes, he ate. He ate either Thursday or Friday. I will have to ask Anthony to be positive which day.
He ate a small mouse.

CGluhcheff 04-25-2004 03:33 PM

Lied?

When was I asked what my age was? Scott never asked. So how is it that I lied?

PAUL BOLLINGER 04-25-2004 03:43 PM

A question...

How old is Bruce (your business partner)? You know Coast to Coast?
It sounds like you went in on a deal with Bruce and he received your snake.....then it died while in his possession. Did I miss something? You should seek reparation from Bruce not the person that you mis-represented yourself to.

DThomas 04-25-2004 03:51 PM

Did you or did you not use the name Coast to Coast Reptiles in your correspondence with Scott?

Mis-representation is lying.
Failing to disclose the fact you are only 15 is a serious integrity issue.
Scott should not have had to ask if you were a minor. You should not have made the purchase without your parents consent AND involvement. Period.

Why did the snake stay with Anthony so long? I would be asking him why it died and holding him responsible for the snakes death, not Scott. He did tell Scott the snake arrived alive and healthy. You yourself stated Anthony has knowledge of snakes and that is why you wanted him to receive it. Was he wrong then that the snake arrived healthy? And an aquarium is a terrible enclosure for a snake. You can not easily keep prefered temps in one. Maybe your friend does not know as much as he would have you believe.

maddog 04-25-2004 03:58 PM

Standing behind a sale

We talk about how the son acted here, grant it, it was not the wisest behavior. But I do recall being that age myself. We talk about how our society is, but lets look at the issue here:
Cameron bought a snake. Scott believed him to be with a company (how he believed this I don't understand). For some reason the snaked died. Scott sells snakes, a private owner, does he have a policy he stands by? If the snake was to die in transport or with in so many days of having the snake?
In the state of California you have 7 days incase something happens to the snake. I would think in doing business Scott would offer so kind of warrenty on the health of the snake.
I do not believe the mother is wrong in wanting the money returned and if Scott believes this is a scam, why not work something out to where they send the dead snake back to Scott and he then replaces the snake, in doing these dealings with Cameron's mother, this way it is not with a minor.
The issue is not how Cameron acted or what kind of tabs his mother keeps on him. It's about a snake purchased and then dying. What is Scott willing to do other than being 'more than happy to oblige' to this going to court.

DaveyFig 04-25-2004 04:00 PM

OK, LEt me get this all straight:

1) you have a reptibid account which is against their policy,based on your age.
2)you have a "partner" named Bruce who uses the same username coasttocoastreptiles.
3)you purchased a snake, and each of you (Cameron and Bruce) sent money orders to cover the price in full.
4)the snake was sent to the person who, for whatever reason, you told Scott to send it to.
5)That person is supposed to know snakes, and you trust him, and yet it was fed, and ate readily within 3 days. Who feeds a snake that soon after shipping?
6)THE SNAKE ATE just fine.
7)The snake dies after arriving alive, before it was delivered to you.
8)You had it delivered to Anthony Vasquez on Tuesday because you were going to be at school. Why was it not picked up before Saturday?
10)You say that the issue is not with your age, but rather with the snake dieing. Would your mom still have a problem with the purchase of the snake if it were still alive?

Who is Bruce?How old is Bruce? Who is Anthony? How old is Anthony?

DaveyFig 04-25-2004 04:08 PM

Hey Maddog, you need to include your full name when replying to posts on the BOI. You may not have caught that rule having just registered today , to just come to this thread and post. Just out of curiosty, how did you find this thread so quick, and what made you decide that this would be the first place you ever post on fauna classifieds?

DThomas 04-25-2004 04:11 PM

Re: Standing behind a sale

Quote:

Originally posted by maddog
Scott sells snakes, a private owner, does he have a policy he stands by? If the snake was to die in transport or with in so many days of having the snake?
Scott will have to address this but most TOS I have read give live arrival and 24 hr health guarantees.

Quote:

Originally posted by maddog
The issue is not how Cameron acted or what kind of tabs his mother keeps on him.
Abolutely it is. Cameron has already shown he can be deceptive. How can Scott truely know how well that snake was cared for? Boas are very easy snakes to care for and very hardy. IMO, that snake would have had to been showing some very outwardly signs of being sick to die that quickly. But Cameron's friend, Anthony, told Scott it arrived alive and healthy. How can we be sure Cameron is telling the truth now. He has no credibility at this point.

MarcAntony 04-25-2004 04:19 PM

Me thinks me smells a rat. D Lawson, new member? Same lack of punctuation in the messages. The snake arrived at my friend's fine, but died before it got to me. The next thing you know there is going to be a message, "This is my mother, and I want a refund for my son".
IP checks moderators?

DThomas 04-25-2004 04:19 PM

Could a mod check the IP of maddog and CGluhcheff. CGluhcheff signed off and maddog signed on and posted. Then maddog signs off and CGluhcheff signs back on. Very suspicious. Thank you.

If I am wrong, I apologize in advance. But we shall see.

The BoidSmith 04-25-2004 04:20 PM

Quote:

If he jumped to the conclusion of me being a business, thats his own fault. If I were you, next time I would ask for a proof of age. AND, this is not about purchasing without consent or anything like that, this is about a DEAD SNAKE.
Cameron,

The only problem is that although you say it is about a dead snake, you are now trying to use the proof of age thing to your advantage.

There are a few loose ends in the story. If the snake was sent sick and 5 days away from death would have more than likely not eaten for you. From what I'm able to see in that partial picture, the nutritional status of the animal doesn't seem to be bad. Furthermore you e-mailed Scott stating that it had arrived in good shape.

In MHO and even though the results might not conclusive (due to the animal having been frozen already) a necropsy might shed some light.

Regards.

CGluhcheff 04-25-2004 04:23 PM

attorney?

Just in:

Listen, I didn't say that I hired my attorney, I spoke to him. And you bring whatever case you want, the fact that Isent the snake to an adult, Anthony Vasquez, makes this a totally different case. So, I will await your court order to appear, and when I get it I will then solicit my attorney's assistance. Until then, have a nice day.

Scott J. Cotey

PAUL BOLLINGER 04-25-2004 04:25 PM

Scott

Is that the same snake you shipped to them based on that pic?

DThomas 04-25-2004 04:27 PM

Cameron,

Do you know maddog/ D. Lawson?

DaveyFig 04-25-2004 04:27 PM

I emailed Ritchie Luna to get some IP tracking going on. I dont know if Scott is around, so while we wait for him to come back, I will go find pics I have of the snake Scott sent and see if it is the same one.

maddog 04-25-2004 04:32 PM

who am I?

I am a friend of the familys. So yes, they do know me. I am pointing out a few things that no one else has. Everyone has a right to their opinion and I have been reading everything everyone else has to say, so I just thought it right to post mine as well.
I have seen the snake and yes, it is dead. We do not know the cause of death. And I do not believe anyone is trying to scam anyone else.