FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   !!! ATTN: Veasna Muth STOLE $450.00 FROM ME! AVOID AT ALL COSTS, SCAM ARTIST !!! (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55704)

Philly 11-07-2004 06:28 PM

!!! ATTN: Veasna Muth STOLE $450.00 FROM ME! AVOID AT ALL COSTS, SCAM ARTIST !!!

Hello,

Avoid this person like the plague! This person advertised two cb adult ball pythons and asked $450 shipped. Please see http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=54454

I sent him a USPS issued money order on 10/27/2004 for $450 via priority mail. He received the payment (see email below) and he has yet to send the snakes to me and return any of my phone calls and emails.

I will call my attorney on Monday and move for legal action! It's people like this that keep people away from doing business with small breeders.

This is his profile on Fauna http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...fo&userid=4861

Email dialogue:

I'm beginning to become very concerned. It is urgent for you to contact me tonight at once regarding the snakes that I purchased from you.

Thank you

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 7:15 PM
To: Ron Crawford
Subject: RE: Interested in your female ball pythons

i am going to ship tomorow morning.. and also i did not get it untill 3:30pm right before i left for work. i wasnt' able to send out today because i had just got out of work and the shipping store said that they had picked up all of the overnites....so i will send you the tracking number tomorow..thanks sorry for the wait....

Ron Crawford <rcrawford@WackedMedia.com> wrote:
Hello,

The usps.com website said that you received payment yesterday at 9:19am. Please confirm and give me and update of your shipping arrangements.

Regards,
Ron Crawford
215-919-2182
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2004 5:28 PM
Subject: RE: Interested in your female ball pythons

i didn't get it yet...i should of gotten it by now if you sent it on the 27th....please let me know if it has already sent out...thanks

Hi,

Money order sent via USPS priority mail w/ delivery confirmation. Give me a heads up when you get the package.

Regards,
Ron Crawford
215-919-2182
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 6:07 PM
Subject: Re: Interested in your female ball pythons

veasna muth
8627 marlboro ct
stockton, ca 95210
(209) 471-1663

2 c/b females $450 shipped

Call me anytime at 215-919-2182

Regards,
Ron Crawford

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish.

Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page. www.yahoo.com</a

speedingbandit 11-07-2004 08:34 PM

i dont think a scam artist is the word

I got a big female from veasna,,yeah it took him a couple extra days to get her shipped,,mainly because some of us have busy lives and we understand that......he didnt do me wrong at all,,,it just takes some extra time to do as many things as we all have goin,,,so dont smear someone until you have a condiderable time of complainin..bub

Philly 11-07-2004 08:48 PM

And what exactly is a considerable amount of time? If he said he was going to ship last Wednesday and provide a tracking number then I'm holding him to that. If he cannot ship then it's his responsibility to contact me and inform me, period.

If I continue to send him countless emails and phone him to no avail then I am to assume that he is stealing from me. Yes, we all have busy lives and if his life is too busy to address the issues of a customer then perhaps he should exit from this business.

This isn't some product you buy on late night T.V. with a 4-8 week delivery time. These are animals that were promised to be shipped on 11/3/2004 that never arrived. Like you said, people have busy lives and if I'm expecting a package on 11/3/2004 and it never shows, that tells me that Veasna Muth does not care about my "busy time" nor schedule-rearrangement in order to be available for a package that never shows up.

I'm not here to have a shouting match with you. I've done no business with you and as such, I have no business with you. Good day.

Rob @ RK Reptiles 11-07-2004 09:32 PM

Ron,

I agree that you should be informed of what is happening but did you ever think that something might have happened that has prevented him from shipping yet? Or even being able to contact you back yet? It has only been a few days. While not being responded to is reason to start to get a little worried but not time to start blowing up at others that are giving their input to you on the situation. The other person ordered from and received goods from him and was trying to inform you that he might take a few days. I would e-mail or call again and try to see what happened and then proceed from there.

Philly 11-07-2004 09:42 PM

Rob,

Since you are a member from 2002 with over 1,000 posts, how long do you suggest I give him before I begin alerting the authorities? I ask this out of respect of you being a member for a few years.

Thanks,
Ron

KNOBTAIL 11-07-2004 09:57 PM

Ron, you are absolutely correct,

their is an obligation on the part of the seller to at least, keep the lines of communications open. You sent a total stranger $ 450.00 in advance, and you made it your business to meet your end of the deal.

This business about the seller not being able to contact you, is an old story, and a very convenient excuse for : if for nothing else , having poor business ethics, even if you do get your pythons.

People should be made aware of these faults when monies are sent in good faith to strangers. It would be one thing if both parties knew each other and had previous dealings with each other. But here their is an implied trust based on an ad, where money was sent in advance, and now the buyer is at the mercy of the seller.

Its the same thing with credit. Not paying is a problem, being late in paying is a bigger problem. Thats what you have here. I am sure and hope you receive the snakes, but this persons business approach should be brought to everyones attention so that potential buyers will know what to expect from people like thins who may be to busy to even acknowledge an email .........once they have your money.

The BoidSmith 11-07-2004 11:00 PM

Things do happen, we have to agree on that. But the seller has the obligation to contact the buyer if the package was not delievered on the date agreed. Maybe right now he doesn't have access to a computer, maybe someone in the family is not doing well, maybe he is in a bind. But he has Ron phone number and he has a cell phone. It would only probably take 3 minutes to call and explain.

Regards.

MGReptiles 11-07-2004 11:28 PM

I would have to agree, the line of communication beging closed and multiple mishaps would make me worr as well. I probably would have posted also, but in a different manner..Have you asked for a refund? If not I would do so..

-Matt Graybeal

reptilebreeder 11-07-2004 11:50 PM

As many have said, at the very least it is poor business ethics to not let someone know what is going on.
In the end it may be a scam, but I think a 4 line header in capital letters, saying "STOLE" "SCAM ARTIST" etc. is a bit much to soon.
Given it has been only a few days including a weekend, an "inquiry- anybody heard of -insert name here- " header, and a post saying "I'm a little nervous the guy hasn't gotten a hold of me in a couple days" would have been more appropriate.
You could follow up in a couple days with the more derogitory post, if the problem continued.
JMO

Chris@TSE 11-08-2004 12:47 AM

I believe you perhaps "jumped the gun" on this one....

SCAM ARTIST or STOLE YOUR MONEY is a bit much..... A VERY OBSCENE OVER EXAGGERATION this early in the transaction....

lousy communication? DEFINATELY!

I would request a refund, or if you can work it out, receive your snakes, and be done with it. I would write him and give him a week to decide. THEN update this thread with your findings, and I would also recommend removing the "THIS GUY STOLE...blah blah blah" you posted in his other sales ads. This is just tastless....