FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Bad experience with Shipyourreptiles.com (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147502)

Ed Clark 09-17-2009 07:56 PM

Bad experience with Shipyourreptiles.com

At the suggestion of someone else I allowed them to ship Shipyourreptiles.com I paid for overnite/next day red label service.

2 days later the package shows up, baby beardies do not do well in a box for 2 days.

My first experience with Shipyourreptiles.com was defiantly a bad one. :(

A good packing job by the sender prevented any losses.

scaledverts 09-17-2009 08:11 PM

Was this shipyourreptiles or UPS that caused this?

critical bill 09-17-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Clark (Post 776093)
At the suggestion of someone else I allowed them to ship Shipyourreptiles.com I paid for overnite/next day red label service.

2 days later the package shows up, baby beardies do not do well in a box for 2 days.

My first experience with Shipyourreptiles.com was defiantly a bad one. :(

A good packing job by the sender prevented any losses.

Did you allow for at least an explanation before condemning them here?

If yes, what was the reason for the delay?

hhmoore 09-17-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scaledverts (Post 776107)
Was this shipyourreptiles or UPS that caused this?

While I understand your point, there is really a fairly limited amount of blame shifting that can be done. ShipYourReptiles gets money in exchange for "approved" access to ship via UPS (at discounted rates). Even though UPS is the one actually handling the package, it still boils down to the customer paying SYR for a service.

Ed - What is "red label service"

WingedWolf 09-17-2009 08:53 PM

Very good question. Was the package actually SENT overnight air? If not, that is the sender's fault. Was the package delayed? That would be UPS's fault, and that happens sometimes with both UPS and Fed Ex.
Did you contact shipyourreptiles when the package was delayed, and they failed to respond? That might be a complaint with them. But shipyourreptiles is only a go-between that allows us to use UPS for shipping at a discount. They can intervene when something goes wrong, but they can't actually control what UPS does, and aren't really responsible for it.

shrap 09-17-2009 09:27 PM

How did SYR respond? Did they do everything in their power communicating with UPS to expedite the delay as much as possible?. Did they offer a refund for the missed level of service?

You really have not gave much information, other than to say the package was late. No business is perfect, unfortunate things just sometimes. It is how we handle things when they dont go perfect that defines us.

shrap 09-17-2009 09:38 PM

Fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrap (Post 776156)
How did SYR respond? Did they do everything in their power communicating with UPS to expedite the delay as much as possible?. Did they offer a refund for the missed level of service?

You really have not gave much information, other than to say the package was late. No business is perfect, unfortunate things just happen sometimes. It is how we handle things when they dont go perfect that defines us.

Ed Clark 09-17-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhmoore (Post 776128)

Ed - What is "red label service"

The way I understand it red label is the fastest overnite service.

They did refund but reptiles in the box for 2 days is unexceptable.

scaledverts 09-17-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Clark (Post 776164)
The way I understand it red label is the fastest overnite service.

They did refund but reptiles in the box for 2 days is unexceptable.

So let me understand this, you contacted SYR and they refunded your money because the shipment was not delivered the next day as guaranteed. OK, that sounds like the proper thing to do in this instance. What EXACTLY did you expect them to do? Yes, 2 days in unacceptable but they can't time travel and undo what was done!

Curious George 09-17-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

They did refund but reptiles in the box for 2 days is unexceptable
:rolleyes_ That's brilliant. Spread the word. Make a sticky. :rolleyes_