FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Bingeing Netflix (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=498064)

Lucille 09-19-2014 03:05 PM

Bingeing Netflix

A true Netflix binge is watching an entire series over the course of a weekend, and I haven't done that.
But I am semi-bingeing by watching three or once even four episodes of a show at one sitting. Currently I'm watching Blacklist, to me it is riveting and bingeable.
Have you ever binged Netflix?

Austin-12 09-19-2014 03:27 PM

Must be a Texas thing ;-) OITNB, Bates Motel, Hemlock Grove all in less than a week....haven't heard anything about Blacklist....will have to try that.

AbsoluteApril 09-19-2014 05:09 PM

Utta and I binge watch shows all the time :D
Not always the full series in one sitting, usually a season at a time and we're generally working on more than one show at a time.

Haven't seen Blacklist yet, what would you compare it to? Is it like Law and Order? The Wire?

Lucille 09-19-2014 05:19 PM

I have not seen Law and Order or the Wire yet.
I didn't watch a lot of TV for many years, that is reaping benefits now as I have a bunch of movies and series that are good and I'm watching them for the first time.

Robert Walker 09-20-2014 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucille (Post 1755527)
Have you ever binged Netflix?

Absolutely! We don't have cable but use Netflix via ROKU device on our TV (awesome).

We have put down several shows before: Scandal, Prison Break, Survivor (TV series, working on it now) and my personal favorite The Walking Dead. My wife left for a trip a while back and I decided to give a show that I had never heard of before a try, The Walking Dead. Once you get over the initial gag reflex of zombie gore, the story is super well written and I am totally sucked in. Goes against what I thought I would like, but I'm hooked.

Lucille 09-20-2014 06:28 AM

I agree having the Roku and watching Netflix shows on a TV rather than computer is awesome.

JColt 09-20-2014 08:28 AM

When I was down with broken leg I watched all 8 seasons of Trailer Park Boys about 4 shows a night but I downloaded from internet.

creatism123 09-21-2014 11:10 AM

My wife and I have been binge watching breaking bad, and I just started californication. Love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcarichter 09-21-2014 12:39 PM

Just finished Dexter and Blacklist. Dexter is more 'fun' if you could use that word to describe a serial killer show. Definitely R-rated for nudity and language. I really hated how it ended. Lucille, let me know what you think of the finale.
Blacklist is better, more in-depth, smarter. Think Silence of the Lambs made for TV, and drawn out into a series. I'm caught up and ready for the opener tomorrow, but if it goes the way of the X-files, I'll probably lose interest. We spent years trying to figure it out, and it never really came to anything.
IMO, nothing has held a candle to Breaking Bad.

Noelle

creatism123 09-21-2014 12:43 PM

Dexter I bought all 7 or 8 seasons, finished our binge right before they came out in netflix:(! Might have to try blacklist!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk