FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Field Collecting/Observing (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=459)
-   -   field herping in the city... (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82716)

facedownthedemons 06-28-2006 06:41 AM

field herping in the city...

I am new to the forum and I would like to tell you about my experiences so far. On my field herping adventures in the city so far I have found many feral felids (also known as cats), I just obseve them as it is not good to get to close, and they run off anyway.

The animals I have collected are a 2.2 group of a mother feline and 3 baby "kittens" that were abandoned under a porch for a few months, and in bad shape. While herping in a field I have also found an abandoned 0.1 Mustela Putoris Furo (ferret) which have been domesticated longer than felines, the date I found him was 06/06/06

I've already given away all but 2 kittens to experienced keepers. Hopefully I won't get busted for taking the wild life out of its habitat. I've observed the kittens for a while and find they like to look out of the window. I'll probaby just return the kittens back to the wide open streets and highways where they belong, and where they can play with as many plastic bags and chase their tail as much as they want, someday...

Junkyard 06-28-2006 11:10 AM

If you are going to domesticate wild kittens, please do not return them to the wild. If you cannot find homes for them, then please take them to a shelter, people are always looking for kittens over adult cats and they are adopted out far quicker. Cats have a lot more plastic bags to play with in a home compared to the streets.

facedownthedemons 06-28-2006 11:16 AM

I wasn't serious, sorry I have a very sarcastic nature, I would never do that. If I rescued them do you really think I would put them back on the street?

Junkyard 06-28-2006 11:48 AM

You tell me. You know sarcasm sometimes does not come through when reading and I certainly missed yours.

facedownthedemons 06-28-2006 12:15 PM

sorry about that, I'll tone it down a bit ^_^;

Junkyard 06-28-2006 01:23 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love sarcasm, it is just the presentation of it that makes it worth a great laugh or a simple chuckle. Also with you being new, I was not sure how to take it. Welcome to Fauna and enjoy your stay, this is a great place where you can see incredible animals, meet good people, get into trouble, and make fun of PETA.

facedownthedemons 06-28-2006 01:38 PM

lmao yeah, thanks. I hate PETA they are a bunch of hypocrites. Pet lovers will send them donations and all the money goes towards letting every cat, dog, and snake back out in the wild for their own personal agenda (literally)

Junkyard 06-28-2006 11:30 PM

That and the money goes to the killing of animals because they are not an organization capable of adopting them out. So far their track record proves they do more harm then good. But that is off topic...