FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Allen from Reptile Kingdom, in New Jersey, Beware (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101694)

mikewebb79761 07-19-2007 09:53 AM

Allen from Reptile Kingdom, in New Jersey, Beware

I have dealt with allen for over a year now and never had a problem. But in the past 2 months I started sending him boxes c.o.d. since he has been a good customer. The first thing that happened is I got a check made out to the wrong name, so I sent it back for another. Allen "mailed" the check 2wice and it got " lost in the mail" twice. Check for $925.00, on top of that on another cod order for $1200.00, he just bounced the check he wrote me, and after promising to get back with me by the end of last week, then again by the end of the weekend, he has disappeared on me, will not return my emails, etc. He owes me with bank charges, and bad/missing checks for animals around $2,300.00. Anybody dealing with him watch out, this may be a good guy going bad. Allen if you are reading this, please get back to me. I really dont want to have to pursue legal actions, I have given you multiple cash/trade options to clear this up with me.

ninthof9 07-20-2007 10:00 AM

wow me too

I also had problems with Allen. I met him 45 mins drive from my house and exchanged 14 baby dragons I had and he gave me a check...of course it was a bad check. He told us to tear up the chck and he was sending out a new one. We never got a new check from him but we tried to put through the old check again (we didn't rip it up...he he) and I guess he had enough funds cuz it cleared that time.
Dale
People beware, if he can screw you he will

ReptileKIngdom 07-20-2007 02:26 PM

Mike, i told you last week that there might be a problem with the check. If i was trying to pull a scam on you would i warn you and keep the line of communication open so we could work it out. I think you are jumping the guy here with this post and with the amount of business we have done it is not a smart business move. I also told you i was going to be out of town with very limited internet access. I never heard back from you and did not know the bank was returning the check until i was out of town. Hopefully we can just resolve the issue without taking it further here. I waited months and months for credit from bad animals you sent me in the mail with no response and no tracking number. I never came here and posted badly about you. In response to the beardeds that i purchased in the following post, why would i send you a new check when you redeposited the original one and it cleared my bank, did you want to get paid twice?

ninthof9 07-20-2007 04:25 PM

Actually Allen,
you told me that you had allready sent the second check at the time that I contacted you and being that I had to contact you about the bad check in the first place, I did not want to take the chance that you would not send a new check so I held on to the original for over a week before I redeposited it. I am glad I did not destroy the first check as you asked but instead redeposited.
Don't you think you should be addressing the question of why you gave me a bad check in the first place and why after you said you had allready sent a replacement did I not receive any? I was not hoping to get paid twice I was hedging the correct guess that you were not going to make good on your promise and you proved me right.
Dale

ReptileKIngdom 07-20-2007 04:59 PM

Dale, customers bounce checks on me and sometimes they cause my checks to bounce, it is a difficult situation but one that happens, i think it is not good and do not write checks that i don't intend to pay or checks there isn't money to cover. I am not a scammer out there looking to burn people, but sometimes things happen. The bottom line is you got paid which proves i was not trying to burn you. Why the replacement check didn't get mailed, i am not sure but if i said i was mailing it i intended to

Jabba The Mutt 07-20-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReptileKIngdom
Dale, customers bounce checks on me and sometimes they cause my checks to bounce, it is a difficult situation but one that happens, i think it is not good and do not write checks that i don't intend to pay or checks there isn't money to cover. I am not a scammer out there looking to burn people, but sometimes things happen. The bottom line is you got paid which proves i was not trying to burn you. Why the replacement check didn't get mailed, i am not sure but if i said i was mailing it i intended to

Kind of lame to blame someone else because you don't have money to make your check good.

Sure sounds like a scam to me!

BryonsBoas 07-20-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReptileKIngdom
Mike, i told you last week that there might be a problem with the check. If i was trying to pull a scam on you would i warn you and keep the line of communication open so we could work it out. I think you are jumping the guy here with this post and with the amount of business we have done it is not a smart business move. I also told you i was going to be out of town with very limited internet access. I never heard back from you and did not know the bank was returning the check until i was out of town. Hopefully we can just resolve the issue without taking it further here. I waited months and months for credit from bad animals you sent me in the mail with no response and no tracking number. I never came here and posted badly about you. In response to the beardeds that i purchased in the following post, why would i send you a new check when you redeposited the original one and it cleared my bank, did you want to get paid twice?

You need to either put your full name below your post or add your full name to your profile. Otherwise your posts could be deleted.

jasballs 07-20-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba The Mutt
Kind of lame to blame someone else because you don't have money to make your check good.

Sure sounds like a scam to me!

He is not a scammer. Have you ever delt with Allen, Mutt? I have and will again.

Jazeira 07-20-2007 08:36 PM

I think people need to be more positive that they have been scammed before posting things like this!

Serafim 07-20-2007 09:56 PM

I have had many positive dealings with Allen. Both large and small transactions. Allen has always been professional and very helpful. He is a good guy in my book. Allen is not a scammer and doesn't deserve to be called one....