FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Wanda Patterson aka: sunsethypo? (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460141)

Austin-12 02-25-2014 11:28 AM

Wanda Patterson aka: sunsethypo?

Anyone done business with this person?

Out of Virginia

Good? Bad? Anything?

kenske 02-25-2014 11:52 AM

I did a trade with her a few months ago. Everything went smooth as butter.

nickolasanastasiou 02-25-2014 12:33 PM

I have purchased from her on several occasions. The morph traits she claims are, however, often unproven despite her claims. Everybody supposedly with a homozygous "sunset hypo" has conveniently left the country or refuses to reveal themselves for their protection.

Too many excuses, so I decided to divest.

I will not be buying from her at all going forward. Things just seem like they do not add up. Also, that "neon vanilla" thing going on now is a real hoot.

If the animal is a visual, you can have faith in that. If there is no strong evidence of heritability of any new "morph" being claimed, caveat emptor (and then beware some more). If an animal is from among the offspring of a known visual morph parent, like one of the known hognose snake morphs she breeds or her hypo redfoot group (which has a breeding hypo male), you are probably pretty safe.

nickolasanastasiou 02-25-2014 12:45 PM

To add, there is the possibility that the "sunset hypo" thing is real, but I have no solid evidence these days supporting that and the project has gone on an awfully long time not to have these popping up yet out of folks' collections when so many have bought "hets" over the years. However, my remaining glimmer of hope of that proving out was pretty much extinguished by the recent "neon vanilla" babcocki nonsense. I consider both morphs' legitimacy to be, simply put, rather improbable as things stand.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 05:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ight=Patterson

I believe this is relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr7HRUZmosA

That one shows some decidedly regular Gpp and shows Wanda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60V1f1s6j5Q

That one shows Darik.

I pursued a line of thought I had that seemed to be reinforced or hinted at by the experiences of others. It appears that perhaps either Darik is impersonating Wanda, who is also shown in the video above, to circumvent an old bad reputation, or they are both in this plan together. My hunch is that they are in this together, as her hands are often shown holding the hatchlings for photographs in their ads.

Do not worry if the videos are removed. Multiple people now have copies.

"Wanda" claims the animals are kept in "a facility".

lol

LOL!

What a facility! Apparently, when I receive a shipment from Amazon, it is not simply in a box. It is delivered to me in "a facility" of some kind. Magical.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 05:19 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is the only "het" ad up as I am typing this. They often have others.

To boot, it appears that the colors on hognose snakes in her/his/their ads can get so intense at times that the fabric in the background changes color as well.

I will also attach a photo of their "sunset hypo" female that I believe was doctored/modified in order to misrepresent and deceive the buying public.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 05:27 AM

I wonder if Darik was banned from Kingsnake and if Kingsnake would find the attempt to circumvent the ban, if so, as wonderful. Anyway, enough from me for now. I must go tend to my own tortoises, whose phenotypes are not products of Photoshop.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 11:28 AM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 10:24 AM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
I do not believe a word of your claims about anything. There is currently a glut of pardalis pardalis hatchlings, too. They are no longer the rarity they once were. I sold off several adults and a friend of mine have sold off several as well.

To: nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:19 AM
Subject: Re:

hi nick ,i have read your posting on fauna quite the slander ,i have been a member on fauna for quite some time , first of all darik is my son who helps me from time to time , i only keep the one pair of p.pardalis the normal male and the hypo females due to there size ,visual sunsethypos have been sold on kingsnake from hets that were produced in the usa the person who sold the visual hypo was in the military and was stationed out of the usa . until 2004 /2005 very few het sunsethypos were produced. because the eggs have a diapause and i leave them in the ground part of the year the sexing is random and likely heavy on the male side,i have not had anyone breed these and tell me that they hatched eggs and none popped up .including you . as far as i known only 2 or 3 people have even hatched p.pardalis ,they are not easy to hatch like pardalis b eggs so they are not likely to be popping up very often ,jeff gee has sold thousands of these and you dont see a bunch of pardalis pardalis popping up everyywhere from provide breeders just dealers who likely get them from one or two sources ,with only a tiny group of my lines out there that are female and may not live in a area where they can be left in ground it is very unfair for you to post something like this without even emailing me and no proof other then stuff that doesn't make sense and this weird case you are trying to make ,i am a private hobbyist breeder my facility is fairly near by where i live its on farm land where other family members and dedicated hobbyist friends have on going projects ,i usually pack orders and keep small reptiles at my residence its is more convenient for me ,reptiles are a hobby ,i am a RN for a living , as far as the neon vanilla go they are not a simple recessive morph ,they are line bred starting with very high blonde wc adults where i have been trying to maximize the blonde .color . and have said so all along .do you know anyone ever who has bought these het sunsethypos from me bred them and hatch a clutch to find that it didn't contain a sunsethypo ? please provide this information or retract your statements. it looks like to me that all your statements are unfounded and way off base .
just because you do not see a lot of hypos on the market doesn't mean they are not real .as i said not many people have hatch true p.p of any kind ,and people that have hatched them would be unlikely to sell them and would want to keep there first hypos to breed

-----------------------------------------------------

Just got this. My response is included.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 11:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I will also attach screen shots of other ads.

First is the "Neon Vanilla".

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 11:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Next is another "het sunset hypo" ad.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 11:55 AM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 10:54 AM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
Jeff bought his from Randy Limburg and got out of the business of selling/reselling leopards some time ago. Most of the available Gpp offspring still come from Randy, but I know a handful of other breeders who have produced this year and, in some cases, for years prior.

Stop making things up when talking to me.

I look forward to the legal action for the so-called "slander". You should post clear photos of all of the homozygotes in the BOI thread to help explain yourself if you feel justified.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:47 AM

the glut of pardis on kingsnake though from several dealer resellers didn't produce them and likely come from a large jeff gee herd that in the past he exported by the hundres , he produces 100s of these each year and whole sales them to retailers making it look like a lot of people have them ,i do not see anyone offering any true p.pardalis of any kind that came from these 1000s sold over the years .and there has been visual sunsethypos sold on kingsnake just 2 or 3 years ago as well as others . the key question i would like to know ,did any of your friends or you breed a pair of het sunsethypo .a ethical breeder would always breed out a new morph to prove the gene is or is not as hypothesized ,so basically you guys started a think tank together and came up with this theory without proving it out first , making what you are doing just plan slander ,i will be looking into any legal action and repercussion that i can legally take against you for this unfounded slander

---------------------------------------------------

Another one. Again with my response.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 12:05 PM

"Wanda" also forgets that *I* was the one who told her that her animals would be hets, not "sunset hypos", if the trait was a simple recessive, as she was advertising them way back when as sunset hypos before I corrected "her". I wish I still had that email. Oh, well. Too far back.

Funny how the video shows a Gpp male with his adult daughter, yet Wanda/Darik has claimed in the past to either myself or a cousin that she does not have the space for adults when she was asked why she never retained a male "het" to breed back to the dam, thereby allowing for the production of ~50% sunset hypo offspring and ~50% being hets if the trait is real. Not enough room. Okay.... Not interested in producing sunset hypos and only interested in producing hets? Rather difficult to buy that.

Arizona Tortoise Compound 02-26-2014 01:01 PM

I emailed Darik & Wanda and made them aware of this thread.... also stated I was a long time customer that breeds there offspring and would really like for them to come here and prove the Hypos finally.

I purchased a 10 lot of Libyan Greek hatchlings from them a few years back and they were all Syrian & Ibera Greeks, not Libyans. After I purchased the 10 lot of Libyans and before they arrived, Darik posted a wholesale lot of Ibera Greeks with the same picture as the Libyans. I emailed asking why this was and also at that time the hatchlings showed up and I expressed my concern with the difference in the species and the look of the tortoises. I didnt hear anything back from them for a while and had to send the email a few more times over the coarse of a few weeks. He then proceeded to tell me that he has a hard time telling the Libyan and Ibera greeks apart and that he might of had Iberas with the Libyans. Well two years passed, the hatchlings turned into yearlings and half were Ibera and the other half Syrians Greeks. None were Libyans. At this time I lost all hope that the sunset hypos were real.... I already had concerns about the Sunsets, do to the lack of proof they could offer.

I do have a (2.1) 100% hets that I have had for many years. Currently breeding the 100% het males to normal P.P. Leo female and producing 66% possible hets. The 100% het female is not large enough to breed yet. I offer my 66% het hatchlings at normal P.P. Leo prices due to the lack of proof that the Hypos are real.

Nickolas, the videos you shared broke my heart and further makes me think that the thousands of dollars and the years invested into my Sunset Hypo project will be a waste.
The male in the video is the male in the original photo mounting the pink tortoise. Remember the photo that the grass was pink too and the males shell also had a pink hue to it. ( Do you have this picture, please share it) If I owned a pink and black Leopard Tortoise, I would be sharing those videos rather then my motorcycle or of a male biting my finger with a normal female. The setup in very disappointing as well. I can now see how they were able to steal Wanda and Darik's Albino Snappers and all the other expensive animals they lost a few years back due to theft.
I hope Wanda and Darik will come onto this BIO with video proof that shows clearly that the Sunset Hypo line is true. I truly believe they owe this to all the hundreds of customers over the years that they received money from.

Also Randy Limburg is the founder of the Pardalis Pardalis Leopards in the states. Randy imported his herd over 25 years ago. He did sell to Jeff G for sometime until he got ripped off by him for thousands of dollars. Then Jeff got cut off. Jeff lied his a** off about the whole thing and is a horrible person. Hints why he is out of the business. Randy also was selling to a gentleman on the east coast, a gentleman on TFO and Ben S. All of those animals offered where produced from Randy Limburg from his location. My adult Pardalis Pardalis came from Randy Limburg lines. All the Pardalis Pardalis hatchlings are Randy's line except Wanda's so called hets. Randy has a large group of p.p Leos and are herd breed. Meaning there is not a bottleneck of bloodlines yet. I have been producing Pardalis Pardalis hatchlings and 66% possible Het hatchlings for some time now. Randy and I are good friends and I am providing his tortoises to the reptile community. I am honest with tortoise community and customers when asked about the bloodlines. I am also producing my own bloodlines that are a mix of Randy's and Wanda's.

Reading the email response you got from Wanda is the exact same thing she has been saying for years. Still with no proof. Very upsetting!!!!!!!

Pictures of the blue hatchling, that is the same look as my hatchling pardalis pardalis when they come out of the incubator. Its a lack of oxygen and or light. Once the tortoises are placed outdoors, they darken up. Shame on them for this.

It the Sunset Hypos are true, they should have pictures, videos or someone that could back them. Most all breeders agree with you Nickolas, but don't bother with the BIO crowd. Vanilla Neon Dwarf Leopards took them down a huge notch on the Reptile community ladder. Tons of people are upset at this, they are line breed animals that are light in color, not Vanilla, not Neon , not dwarf. They should be proud to be able to line breed for a lighter color and accomplish it, but labeling them that way is horrible and doesnt work for the tortoise community. There is no such thing as Ivory Leopards Tortoises and Vanilla Neon Dwarf Leopard Tortoises, all just sale pitches or at best line breed animals for lighter traits.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 01:15 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 12:10 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
Feel free to furnish ample photographic evidence of multiple sunset hypo F2s and add such to the BOI thread to help support your claims.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 12:03 PM

i have not heard from jeff gee in many years since he was posting on kingsnake as cbw foundation ,but that was what jeff told me back then ,i don't know what he has been dong since then but that is what he told me back then , at any rate his large herd is still in production today in the usa which would account for dealers having a lot to sell . so there is only a hand full of people who live where the eggs can be left in ground and after all these years of large numbers of pp produced by jeff randy and a handful of others , only a handful produce this year and mostly randy puts out the rest .so over all these years 1000s of pp have been produced in the USA and only these few people have ever hatched any . i have averaged about 20 pp some years much less since 2004/5 so maybe i produced 100 to 150 tortoises , out of these because i am in va and ground hatch these for part of the year likely high male ,i have only seen males for resale on line, the earliest hets have produced visual hypos and have been sold on kingsnake , a number of these het sunsethypos have been sold local to friends in my herp club and there are a few females ,the biggest ones are in the 10 inch range and none have yet to produce , and only a few have ever been sold where they can be left outside year around to ground hatch , you have yet to tell me if you or the hand full of people that hatched pp have bred any het sunsethypo ? or for that matter do you or any of your friends even have a sexed pair of sunset hypo? because i sell these often 1 or 2 or 3 at a time and sometimes a quantity group that gets resold one or two at a time ,not to mention some do not survive to adult size , out of the few that i have sold i am not even sure this soon that there are any adult females other then one or two from early hatching . females need to be much larger then males and take longer to grow other then the early on few there may not even be a adult female at this time. so you are trying to compare the handful of people who reproduce these or had some luck hatching these this year ,when 1000s were put on the maket over the last 40 years as well as wc still producing , as well as numbers of wc imports that were brought in , to the tiny cb number that i have put out not know if any females are large enough to breed yet ,we do not even now anyone at this time who has a adult breeding pair of het sunsethypo .you and your friends included . it makes me curous as to your motivation having all the p.pardalis breeders as your friends , and none it seems have bred any het sunsethypo hmmm

------------------------------------------------------

Yet again.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 01:27 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 12:26 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
You can provide photos when you have them to refute the beliefs stated in that thread.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 12:24 PM

Hello Nick ,i am going to track down , and contact my earliest customers and request pictures . until then i think it is only fair that you either pull your thread , or add to it that you and your buddies have not bred together any het sunsethypo pp nor have tried to produced any sunsethypos to prove your suspicions nor know anyone who has, and plan to confirm or re tracked your statement once all facts are in .

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 01:56 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Andrew, here is the photo you requested. It comes with some others.

The first photo is the mating shot used in many of the het ads.

The second is a nesting shot used in some of the het ads.

The third is a supposed F2 from years back on an odd background that has been speculated to have been a shop job, although I do not know. Somehow there have been no other posted photos I have seen to date of a claimed F2 and I do not trust this one.

The fourth is a photo I found that seems to have been corrected for color. No magical pink hue. Open both this photo and the first photo in the Microsoft Office imaging program or any program that lets you quickly go back and forth with your left and right arrows so your eyes can catch the color shifts. Notice how the magical reddish/pinkish grass, magical reddish/pinkish soil, and magical reddish/pinkish tortoise hue somehow (magically) reverts to green grass, grey soil, and the standard coloration for a big and old high white/yellow leopard tortoise.... Color me a skeptic.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 02:11 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 1:09 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
Nice try.

The original claim (your claim) is that these ARE hets and that these are a heritable trait. In logical argument, the one to stake a claim is the party with the onus to defend it. I believe your original claim to be false. That nobody has been coming forward with these as proven out speaks loudly, fueling my skepticism. You have employed every excuse for the lack of evidence you have provided. Supply an adequate set of evidence and I will reconsider the validity of your claim. Until then, it seems like there is no veracity to the trait.

Feel free to post the multitude of evidence you must have to support your claims. Until then, I do not believe anything you have claimed with regard to this topic and pseudo-morph.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: Hypo CH/RF hatchlings

you are trying to portray your self as a honest person ,but clearly you have something you do not want to be forthcoming about ,that is i have asked you twice now . have you or your p.pardalis breeder friends or anyone you know of , bred a a pair of adult het sunsethypo pair to confirm any of your accusations , why do you refuse to answer the question ? are you afraid your accusations are baseless and do not want the real truth to come out .why would you try to hide this information? why cant you just be honest and put the whole truth on the table ,or at this point do you think it would damage your credibility to answer this question .pride is a hard pill to swollow ,

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 02:14 PM

Had the Neon Vanilla Nonsense not been posted after claiming not to have enough room for an adult male het sunset hypo, I might have held out hope. I really wanted these to be real. Unfortunately, it appears to me to lean away from that direction.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 02:32 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 1:30 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
Incorrect.

You seem to be getting more desperate.

I *believed* you, unfortunately, until your Neon Vanilla make-believe broke the credibility camel's back when you started posting that charade not so long ago.

After that, I moved my remaining three Gpp het sunset hypo animals I had acquired (at a reduced combo price in line with the high end of Gpp costs/prices for sex, size, color, and shell condition). I did not charge my (your) usually Gpp het sunset hypo prices for them once I saw through the ruse.

I have only acquired two male Gpp animals known to have nothing to do with your animals from a gentleman in FL. I also acquired a female Gpp from a fellow in Texas who said he bought her from *you* in 2010, although I stated I could not be sure if she was in fact a het for sunset hypo animal, so she was sold at the typical rate for a young adult female Gpp. These three were resold for ~$1200ish and ~$500-600ish for the two males and ~$1400-1500ish for the female. Again, not claimed to be hets because the origin was not known to be such.

The rest were resold as exactly what you labeled them as before I had lost all faith in your claims and found myself overwhelmed by your excuses. I often sold them at or near my cost (your prices) despite my having grown them out appreciably, too, in most instances. The final three from you, as mentioned above, were sold at a reduced group price with a mentioned caveat that I consider the trait not fully proven.

I have no reason to hide any of this, so enjoy this, as I am posting it all for everyone to observe. I think full disclosure here is a good thing.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:15 PM

another thing that is concerning for me , is that when you posted your het sunsethypos you really talked them up , nice sales pitch i saw the ads ,in the earlier email you said you and your friends hated them they were fake and thats why you sold yours without any of you breeding them to see for yourself but you didn't saying anything like that when you had them up for sale in fact you were really a supporter of the sunsethypo . which really speecks to your character and honesty . at this point anyone who bought them from you must be worried that you pulled a switch and kept the real ones having all these p.p breeder friends of yours or so you say

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 02:33 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 1:32 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
You called them sunset hypos until I told you they would actually be hets back in 2006 or 2007, which is when I first became aware of them. Going by your timeline, you were inaccurately labeling these, whether on purpose or by mistake, after you had already claimed these were "proven" before I came to know of them.

I do not believe your claims.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:21 PM

when these first came out in my ads i stated that the gene was unproven and that if an when the genes proves out the price will go up , the gene proved out many years later ,from a het to het breeding from the few that hatched back in 2000 2001 ,there were four hypos one was sold on kingsnake . you just have not been following along or you would have know this already

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 04:24 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 3:23 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
In case you have not been following along, I have been posting all of this.

*I* have not bred these, but it does not matter, because *YOU* have not bred het to het and proven it out either. ;)

The rest of your message is largely gibberish? Jealous? You are becoming more adorable with each email.

I am not mad at all. I am, however, highly disappointed by being unable to trust anything you claim regarding these animals now. I also think you do not know what slander means. Mean people and haters? This must be Darik.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:09 PM

you still refuse to answer the only question of importance here for the third time ,have you or any of you bred these ,? the answer you are so desperate to hide is NO , so your accusations are baseless no one has ever told me they have bred them and didn't get good results or bad results .my first posting of these was way back in 2002 , you didn't inform me that they were hets ,i am aware having been breeding tortoises and snakes since the 1970s and i am well aware of how simple recessive genes work. in my ads posted on kingsnake i explain before i ever here of you in my ad that the sunsethypo gene has not been proven out ,but i thought it could prove to be a simple recessive and IF it proves out the price will go up . looking over all you pass emails i have never made a excuse for anything .i live in a military city norfolk va and it is common for someone to be transferred out of the USA after the first visual hypos were sold on kingsnake that first buyer who produced sunsethypos moved out of the USA .i don't see why that would be consider a excuse ? merely what happen ,i have no control over that . further more in your posting for het sunsethypo you never stated in your ad that you believe the het sunsethypos are not real . even if you did sell them for what you paid for them . but know i see that you are just jealous because you though the sunsethypo het could be real after all but when i came out with a blonde tortoise all of a sudden the camels back is broken and you are making up more slander i have people from the 180s who bought these first generation animals and explain in my kingsnake had that i was shutting down the blonde pardalis b project to work more on p.p these 5th genertion animals were the last babies from the other generations which i no longer have lots of people local here have seen this project over the last 30 years it is not something new that just popped up . there are pictures of blond leopards on line that have as much blonde as my adults so its not like i am coming up with the only blonde leopards that exist ,my pardalis B are line bred not a recessive gene .but i would say they are among the the top end of blond leopards out there i am not calling them snow leopards as some others are , so let me get this straight in your email below your are saying that its my blond leopards that are making you made so your are trying to slander me because you are jealous of them? and if it wasn't for the neon blond leopards things would be believable ,please save me the trouble and post this whole thread ,if you don't i will . the world doesn't like mean people and haters . you are only hurting yourself with your hate .

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 05:02 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 3:59 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
Calm down, Darik.

Seems like this a major concern for you.

Friend, this. People I know, that. Rectal rumors, all.

You seem upset, naturally, that your little fairy tale is getting unraveled.

You should just post all of the undoctored photographs you must surely possess showing the several sunset hypos that you claim have been produced. Share them on the BOI. Nothing rallies support like that and you surely have evidence to spare.

When should I hear back about the "slander"?

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:48 PM
Sub: Re:

no i have not been following along IT IS NOT A CONCERN FOR ME,,but i am glad you are posting this for me as i have never posted anything on fauna and don't rely know how even though i have been a member for years and have seen people get into very heated arguments where breeders try to cut down each other to try and discredit someone , so over these years i never wanted to be involved in that . and YES THE GENE HAS BEEN PROVEN. FROM A HET TO HET BREEDING LOCALLY FROM A FRIEND THAT POSTED AND SOLD THE FIRST VISUAL SUNSETHYPOS AND WERE SOLD ON KINGSNAKE.COM so there is a ton of people that have followed the project and know that the gene has been proven have seen hypos posted and sold picture the whole thing. these were hets bought from me that i watched grow breed and produce sunsethypos. just because almost no one has a sexed breeding pair of sunsethypo doesn't prove out any of your accusations whats so ever .i am glad that you are exposing your self for who your really are . i have forward this back and forth email to over 100 people in the reptile world and have gotten back a lot of dislike for you. looks like there are a lot of people who you have been dishonest with in the past

Joe I 02-26-2014 05:32 PM

Hello Nick. Let me start by saying I don't really care for the BOI after all the "roasting" I see that goes on here. I have learned if you want to answer a thread on the BOI, its best to say your peace, post whatever evidence you have, and be on your way. That being said I don't want to take sides. But, I will say Nick your "post #16" was pretty damaging. Pic one shows the normal advertised pic that usually goes with their ads, pic #4 makes has no pinkish hue to it. So, I agree in that aspect. No matter the lighting a morph is a morph and should always retain its color. I say that your post #16 is damaging (unless proven wrong) because its seems as though the first picture was taken as the sun "was setting". I based this on the glare, medium of light, and shadowing of the picture. But, just clearly my observation from what you provided.

Wanda/Derik, I am not against you at this point. But.... I have to agree with some of what Nick has stated. As, will most people. If you have been producing these 100% Het. for Sunset Hypos for over 10 years now, (not sure on the exactly how many years), certainly -there should have been someone who had bred 100% to 100% by now. In which, you said a personal friend of yours has. My advice is very simple. Simply, go to your friend, ask for the pictures proving the gene and shut everyone up here. It would clearly squash this thread.

The other valid point Nick made was you- yourself should have been producing "visual" Sunset Hypos by now. So, why not breed one of your 100% Het. Males you originally produced 8 or 10 years ago back to the Mother? Again, not against you here but many people will read this and will be asking themselves these questions. A pink phased baby would bring big bucks versus selling $800 Hets. for so long. So, it doesn't make much business sense when presented to people.

Anyway, I really hope you can provide proof and move forward. I have dealt with you and your husband and our transaction went smoothly and I personally have no complaints about you.

Best Regards, Joe....

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 08:10 PM

I would have preferred that this individual or duo would simply back claims and be done with it, but everything I has heard from him/her on this is an evasive excuse. She keeps claiming that they are nebulously "out there", but then...nada.

Maybe in the "next few years", as you can see in the next email, which is an old yarn to me at this point.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 08:11 PM

...I have* heard...

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 08:11 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 7:07 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
Hopefully, one of them gets back to you sooner than the next few years, Darik.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:45 PM

i am sure someone will get back to me that has produced sunsethypos ,if not soon in the next few years as the ones that have been sold over the last ten years come of age to breed , i have no concerns about that . i think the world is tired of haters and bitter people . the emails have proved without a doubt that your accusations have no basis , you will never ware me down with your lies and hate try as you may . it is obvious even if you were holding a sunsethypo in your hand you would have a new issue ,as soon as i told you i could track down people who hatched sunsethypos you are already laying the ground work to dispute pictures and what ever other proof that one could provide. being that i as well as many others know i am on the wright side of the truth , i will be happy and tranquil every day of my life ,and i feel sorry for you that you seem to take the low road in life , and probably have been for a long time . sincerely Wanda Patterson

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 08:18 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 7:07 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
You seem lost somehow, Darik.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:43 PM

again i see you didn't tell the whole truth you posted only one of my emails not the rest where you are exposed for reselling het sunsethypos . on one hand saying how great they are then once you sold them telling everyone they are not real . i have seen every posted you have made about someone , surprise they were all bad . i am going to get all the the emails posted .and let everyone decide what they want .i have been a Rn most my life and near retiring ,i have seen everything and learned that you can not worried about things you have no control over ,you are just a bitter bully that's going to do what you do so am not desperate or concern about what you post or what you do ,,
sincerely Wanda Patterson

--------------------------------------------------------

Not sure what to make of this one. The switch to signing of the name on the recent emails leads me to be suspicious it is in indeed Darik I am corresponding with. Also, the "you only posted one of my emails" part is interesting. I have reposted every email, along with my response to each, that I have received today. Just "one" did not make multiple pages of volume.

I look forward to the wealth of conclusive photos in the next few years since, according to her/him/them, around thirteen have already passed. Then maybe it will be said to wait for 2020. Then 2030.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 09:05 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 8:03 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
I am not interested in insulting you as much as am in relaying information, Darik. That is why I have posted every email you have sent me today along with all of my responses to them. Since you make things up about "hating" things and so forth, it makes the most sense to me to be be transparent.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:45 PM

come on nick is that the best you got?

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 09:14 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 8:13 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
If you do not wish to post evidence supporting your claims, that is your prerogative.

See, unlike your "slander" claim, what you just posted is libelous. I do not own any Gpp of any kind at this time. I divested of them as well as most of my babcocki. The only leopard tortoises I currently own consist of a single large female babcocki and a hatchling intergrade that I am waiting to receive once a safe shipping opportunity comes along with a break in the weather.

I breed a number of species and a morph or two here and there and have expanded and contracted my collection over the years to try to get it where I want it to be (and am still working on getting my numbers down, not up; this time last year, I had almost twice as many animals as I have now). Unfortunately, since the sunset hypo thing you were claiming does not appear to be real, an entire project's worth of time was wasted on a fake morph.

Plainly and simply, I do not believe the claims you have been making.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:03 PM

it would not make a difference either way today or ten years from now ,you would just say it is a hologram or some story ,i am sure you never run out of though's stories ,i am getting a lot of support and stories about you and will be passing along your story , the consensus from people emailing me is that you bought my sunsethypos and then sold fake ones while keeping the real ones . very good try you almost got away with it ,so after 9 years of me selling these you suddenly make this unfounded story ,it is making perfect sense to me know ,this way you can discredit me and you have plenty of spare p.p as you stated from your breeder friends .i always thought it was weird your always buying and sell tortoise but lack the skill and know how to breed them while attacking others on fauna . you must be trying to compensate for some sort coming in your life ,

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 09:25 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 8:24 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
I posted everything you have sent today. Judging by the quality of your responses, I would not advise you to speak to medicine when you have been challenged so frequently today by the very language you attempt to type in. Yours must be a heavy burden, Darik.

If I did not believe you were trying to make unfounded claims about your non-morph-yet-called-morph animals or were now at the point where you just create stories to try to perform some kind of delusional projection, I would have thought you might be suffering from a disorder beyond mere shysterism.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:05 PM

you need to reread you emails ,are you taking all of your meds?

aSnakeLovinBabe 02-26-2014 09:27 PM

As someone who has plenty of experience in PS.... The photo of the tortoise male mounting the "red" one is pretty clearly very off color... Wherever intentionally or not. The dead grass and even the male tortoise are stained reddish color, and the "fixed" version of it looks surprisingly like what would come right off the camera, stock.

Also before I even got to reading anything, I was scrolling and saw the first photo you posted, showing the supposedly red tortoise from the side in some green grass. I instantly thought to myself, looks like the tort was selected with a wand and crudely had the hue moved over a few notches toward the red spectrum. Only then did I actually read and realize that's what this is about. Hell, with a half hour I could take a picture like that and make a "new morph" that was SO much more convincing than that.

To Darik/Wanda/Carmen Sandiego or whoever you are.

This is NOT a hard concept. Grab a cell phone. Write today's date on a paper, and take NEW PICS of you holding the red torts and post them up. This will literally take you what.... 5 freaking minutes? You have all this time to sit around and send email after email to Nick and dodge a REALLY SIMPLE solution but you don't have 5 minutes to do this? You were able to post pics of them for your ads so why is this such a hard concept to understand?

You know who hides things? A person who has something to hide.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 10:11 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thank you, Shannon. That explanation is appreciated and your logic regarding a simple means of offering some evidence likely echoes in the minds of multiple folks reading this.

----------------------------------------------------

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 8:54 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
Your fantasies are fascinating to me, Darik.

The last thing I bred were some elegans, the offspring of whom were sold to a local fellow with an appreciation for nice chelonians. He has local friends with interests and appreciation to match.

A hoarder would not sell things off, by the way, as a hoarder is governed by an effectively compulsive drive to accumulate.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:45 PM

i do not believe your claims of having enough knowledge or skill to be successful breed anything , i don't believe that you really have sold the real het sunsethypos ,i do believe your are a hoarder of tortoises and reptiles and are overwhelmed and trying to dump a bunch of sick animals prove it otherwise to me ,your hole theory is that there is not enough sale's of hypos . you are not believable at any level and you have proved it with your careless actions . you have carelessly tried to smear my reputation and i suppose you want me to be real careful with yours.

------------------------------------------------------

Darik apparently has an active imagination. The one thing I often mention to folks is how I seek to avoid becoming encumbered by too large a colelction because we have relatively harsh winters here for tortoises that mostly do not engage in brumation in their natural habitats.

As for the false assertion of not breeding, well, I explained it above. I sell all of my offspring these days and I resell roughly half or more of whatever I buy as I constantly configure and then reconfigure my projects, their numbers and sizes, and their directions to optimize for my plans and resources. I would imagine most keepers with a bit of size to their collections do the same.

For fun, here are four shots of some of the aforementioned elegans babies I was fortunate enough to produce here in late 2013. :) Not especially relevant, but they do refute the false claim (of many now, it seems) that I have not been successful breeding anything. There are other species (and a morph) that I also breed here and there, but this example should suffice.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 10:16 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 9:15 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
Your perspective and rich fantasy life are rather fascinating, Darik.

Silent majority.... Hilarious.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:00 PM

you may have a few friends backing you on line and are feeling like a big man ganging up on me ,but the silent majority of people emailed me directly do not want to be bullied by you or want there reputations damaged by you .i can tell you that i am not afraid of you in any way .you are such a small person inside i do not see why anyone would be afraid to stand up to you . i think we have covered this story enough if you really have without editing these emails which i will check when i have time over the next week for everyone to see where you stand and where i stand . so i will not be returning or reading any more of your petty email . you can live in and have your dream world ,i have wasted all the time i am going to waste at this time .

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 10:20 PM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 9:19 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
I would venture a guess that I know more than you about...pretty much...any matter of importance.

I am surprised a "nurse" would not know that. ;)

I must be blessed with clairvoyance, as I did just that just now.

lol

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:04 PM

sounds like you know more then me about hoarding , glad you got help , as far as your breeding something prove it ,i want proof ,why don't you prove it . if you did sell something i am sure you got it from some else and resold it ,you are a one trick pony , this is clear

laterob 02-26-2014 10:26 PM

Wanda/Darik - it seems pretty convincing that you are a fraud.

Walter1 02-26-2014 11:30 PM

pardalis games gone too long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou (Post 1691466)
Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 9:15 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
Your perspective and rich fantasy life are rather fascinating, Darik.

Silent majority.... Hilarious.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:00 PM

you may have a few friends backing you on line and are feeling like a big man ganging up on me ,but the silent majority of people emailed me directly do not want to be bullied by you or want there reputations damaged by you .i can tell you that i am not afraid of you in any way .you are such a small person inside i do not see why anyone would be afraid to stand up to you . i think we have covered this story enough if you really have without editing these emails which i will check when i have time over the next week for everyone to see where you stand and where i stand . so i will not be returning or reading any more of your petty email . you can live in and have your dream world ,i have wasted all the time i am going to waste at this time .

That's right- X marks the spot as loudly on Sharron's post as on the little fella's carapace. Diversion is a game not rewarded here. Follow Shonnon's suggestion or the game is up.

Joe I 02-27-2014 12:33 AM

I am online everyday and was as a longtime Kingsnake user for many years, (until I found out the owner had some bad business practices, whole other story)

But.... I can honestly say I had "never" seen a "visual" sunset hypo baby or juvenile, for that matter, for sale on Kingsnake, ever! Is there anyone out there that did see these animals Wanda was referring to??? Just very curious! Also, Wanda... still trying to be Switzerland here and give you the benefit of the doubt...

1. You never answered the question of why you would have not bred a 100% Het. Male Hypo's, that you produced 8 or 10 years ago, back to the Mother by now? Why was this not a goal of yours to begin with?Assuming the morph trait truly exists, the clutch result would have been 50% "visual" pink animals, and all the rest of the babies would be 100% het. for Sunset Hypo! So, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain by doing this! That is the part I am having a very hard time with. Just for a moment let's forget about everyone else that purchased them, you should have proved this out by now. Then, one of your comments was a bit odd where you stated there should be some proof in the next "few years". I do personally know someone that has (3) 100%Sunset Hypo Males, and a 15 or 16 inch 100% Het. Sunset Hypo. Female. I will definitely drop them a line and find out what is going on with their project. Once again, I would also figure a breeder like yourself would have pictures of any visual offspring produced by one of you past customers. I certainly would being a Morph producer myself!

As much as I don't like to say it, things are definitely not looking to your favor right now. Especially, after years of selling and marketing these animals.

aSnakeLovinBabe 02-27-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter1 (Post 1691485)
That's right- X marks the spot as loudly on Sharron's post as on the little fella's carapace. Diversion is a game not rewarded here. Follow Shonnon's suggestion or the game is up.

Honestly. It takes some serious talent to misspell my name twice, two different ways in three sentences! Hahahaha:rofl:

jtrux 02-27-2014 12:57 AM

I like Shannon's idea the best. Go snap a new photo now.

aSnakeLovinBabe 02-27-2014 01:02 AM

On another note... I think it's time that anyone who invested into the project got together and readied a lawsuit for FRAUD. It's pretty clear here what is going on.... This person is going to continue making up nonsense to try and keep you all from banding together and taking action. See through the smokescreen!