FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Beware of zactay24 (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620183)

Afrock86 05-19-2017 11:44 PM

Beware of zactay24

4 Attachment(s)
I see he has a Guyana boa for sale here that he had for sale on Craigslist back in october. He listed it for $200 which is a steal for such a great snake. He's tried selling the snake multiple times and acruelly finally got ahold of him to buy it, made plans and everything and then he texts me that he's giving it to an educational program. Well looks like that was bs bc it's on here for double the price.

Convo takes multiple posts

Afrock86 05-19-2017 11:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
And the last of the convo

Afrock86 05-19-2017 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Part of one of my responses was cut off, so here is the full response.

juliasara 05-20-2017 05:01 AM

Have you notified him that you made this post?

Afrock86 05-20-2017 08:03 AM

Yes, I responded to his ad that he has up and made him aware that he has a thread on here.

Serafim 05-20-2017 12:56 PM

No money changed hands and you didnt travel to pick up the Boa. Seller changed his plans happens all the time. I can understand the frustration but what have you really lost other than some texting time?

Afrock86 05-20-2017 02:13 PM

Doesnt matter, if that happens 's to you all the time you may need to deal with better people. I have a family at home so I had to find time in my schedule and make plans for someone to watch my kid.

It's also weird that the same boa keeps going up for sale. He had his girl put it on Craigslist twice. First time i contacted about the boa i got no response and saw the ad was taken down, so i figured it sold. Then a week later its up on craiglist again. I contacted his gf who was selling it and she said it was still for sale, i express interest, it then gets sold again. I have the convo from her that I can post where she said it was sold back in july, but I will have to post it later if I need to after I cross out her name since she is not the involved party. That same snake then ended up on Florida classifieds page on facebook in October last year. That's where I contacted him by text and had the following discussion. Now he has this boa for sale again but double the price? Something doesn't seem right.

Lucille 05-20-2017 02:19 PM

One can have a verbal contract with no deposit and it is a binding contract, with both sides agreeing to details or having left them out, clearly agreeing that a sale has been made.
That is different than the typical BOI case where a seller has something for sale and the buyer says he wants it but no final plans are made for transfer/shipping and manner of payment.
As sellers have mentioned many times on the BOI in the past, it is not uncommon at all to have a potential buyer say he wants to buy, and then never be heard from again. Clearly there was much more than that here.

Was there a verbal agreement here? While the final details of exactly when the pickup would happen were not posted, the seller's later post that 'the plans were for Saturday' make it seem as if he did indeed mean for this to be a sale.

With Paypal so easy, I agree that a small deposit helps show agreement, if there is a particular animal one wants, it might be a good idea to arrange such a deposit.
I am glad you posted your experience, it may alert the next potential buyer of this snake of what might be in store for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrock86 (Post 2001643)
Something doesn't seem right.

I agree.

Serafim 05-20-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrock86 (Post 2001643)
Doesnt matter, if that happens 's to you all the time you may need to deal with better people. I have a family at home so I had to find time in my schedule and make plans for someone to watch my kid.

It's also weird that the same boa keeps going up for sale. He had his girl put it on Craigslist twice. First time i contacted about the boa i got no response and saw the ad was taken down, so i figured it sold. Then a week later its up on craiglist again. I contacted his gf who was selling it and she said it was still for sale, i express interest, it then gets sold again. I have the convo from her that I can post where she said it was sold back in july, but I will have to post it later if I need to after I cross out her name since she is not the involved party. That same snake then ended up on Florida classifieds page on facebook in October last year. That's where I contacted him by text and had the following discussion. Now he has this boa for sale again but double the price? Something doesn't seem right.

What I find weird is the conversation is from 7-2016 and 8-2016 do you have any other interaction you can prove he did something other than blow you off ? He isnt a business and maybe it was rude but you are all bent out of shape over a 200 boa. You commented you had 20 and didnt need one that bad yet you tried 3 times and almost a year later you creating a bad guy thread.

Lucille 05-20-2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serafim (Post 2001647)
almost a year later you creating a bad guy thread.

I believe the thread was created because almost a year later the snake which the OP says is the same one from the thread is up for sale again.
OP, do you have any pictures showing the snake you had planned on buying, to assure that it is indeed the same snake?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=620165