FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   PLEASE NOTE about contacting the admin of this site! (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67207)

WebSlave 03-31-2005 11:09 AM

PLEASE NOTE about contacting the admin of this site!

I get an extraordinary number of emails from people, who are having one problem or another, who do not provide me with their registered member name on this site. Without that info, it is pretty difficult for me to have to figure out how to find out ANY information about their account in order to figure out what is needed to take care of their problem. So that wastes my time sending back a reply asking for this basic information in order to try to help resolve the problem.

Along those same lines, often I will get emails that will say nothing more then "cannot log in", "cannot post messages", "what is wrong with your system". I kid you not. That is ALL I have to go on from the emails.

I hope this doesn't sound rude, and I certainly hate to have to think about it this way, but sooner or later I am going to just have to start ignoring those kinds of messages completely. So if you are reading this thread and find that you need to contact me about some problem here having to do with registration, email changes, membership status, etc., please be certain to cover the following details in your correspondence with me:
  1. Provide your registered member name
  2. Send emails to me ONLY via the email address you are registered under, whenever possible
  3. Provide as much detail as possible as to exactly what your problem is

If you want me to help you, YOU need to help me as much as possible. Save us both some time and frustration by providing me what I need to get your problem resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks.

WebSlave 04-16-2006 11:48 AM

I need to emphasize the above post. I get a LOT of emails from people who tell me nothing at all about exactly what the problem is and on top of that, do not even tell me what their member name is here. So in order to help them, I need to waste my time to send them an email requesting that basic info that should have been included from the start.

I hate to do this, but I have no choice. From now on, any emails to me that do NOT contain that information will have to be ignored. This is my busy season with my own animals, and I just don't have the time to spare to twist someone's arm to provide me the very basic information needed if they expect to get some help.

uncleray 08-01-2006 12:53 AM

My thread has been closed and I didn't authorize it Please help me. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...093#post415093
Roy a young
uncleray
royayoung@comcast.net
Thanks,
Roy

WebSlave 08-01-2006 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncleray
My thread has been closed and I didn't authorize it Please help me. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...093#post415093
Roy a young
uncleray
royayoung@comcast.net
Thanks,
Roy

Closing a thread does not require the authorization of the person starting it.

You may want to address this issue with the moderator of the forum (if any) it is in.

b16phantom 06-04-2007 09:03 PM

Hello,I want to join this site,but I'm confused about what to get.I want to talk about all types of animals.and I also want to sell some baby burmese.is there a subscription that will do both.thanks,John...member name-B16phantom. E-mail b16aphantom@yahoo.com

Cheryl Marchek AKA JM 06-04-2007 09:30 PM

John~
You can talk all you like in any of the forums for free~ it appears you are already a registered user and thats all thats required for talking

If you would like to sell anything then you need to purchase a subscription~ it took me a few min to find the paid subscription table (Rich~ maybe you could make the table easier to find?) so rather than describe how I found it~ here is a link
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64541
Just pick out the membership level that gives you what you want for the price your willing to pay~ go to your user CP (up top on the left) and go to paid subscriptions to buy the level you want.

Hope that helps

WebSlave 03-15-2010 12:15 PM

I'm ignoring a LOT of emails lately..... :toetap05:

To give you an example, I just got this one today that merely says this...

Quote:

Can't get on to site after login
Sorry, but my crystal ball is not working at this time, so I can't get the details I need from it in order to do anything at all about this problem..... :rolleyes:

DAND 03-15-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 893069)
I'm ignoring a LOT of emails lately..... :toetap05:

To give you an example, I just got this one today that merely says this...

Sorry, but my crystal ball is not working at this time, so I can't get the details I need from it in order to do anything at all about this problem..... :rolleyes:

Did the crystal ball repair shop give you any idea when it'll be fixed. :rofl:

dead eye 03-15-2010 02:43 PM

Hi

Every time I go to ads in Aamids, I get a v-message that I am out of token. What is a token and how do I get more. This only happens when I go to Agamids. That is the one I go to the most. Any ideas. Thank you.

dead eye 03-15-2010 02:46 PM

Hi

Every time I go to ads in Agmids, I get a v-message that I am out of token. What is a token and how do I get more. This only happens when I go to Agamids. That is the one I go to the most. Any ideas. Thank you.

StrictlyExotics 03-15-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead eye (Post 893159)
Every time I go to ads in Agmids, I get a v-message that I am out of token. What is a token and how do I get more. This only happens when I go to Agamids. That is the one I go to the most. Any ideas. Thank you.

See the tokens, under my login name... Click on them and follow the directions step by step. You should NO longer have that problem ;) :rofl: J.k. Right now, I think everyone is having an issue with logging in. I would go to the specific forum that you are trying to get into and log in from that point. It seems to work for me.

Rich, sorry if my wife was one of them emails you had to ignore. Welcome to my life however :D

WebSlave 03-15-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead eye (Post 893154)
Every time I go to ads in Aamids, I get a v-message that I am out of token. What is a token and how do I get more. This only happens when I go to Agamids. That is the one I go to the most. Any ideas. Thank you.

Sorry, but nope.

Quote:

Ditto...

KelliH 03-16-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Try clearing your browser cache and/or trying a different browser.

dead eye 03-16-2010 10:38 AM

Cleared everything, That worked, Thank you.

Chris Wilkinson 11-28-2011 01:25 PM

Help with posting replys to classified adds

I've been trying to get some help (most likely operator error in getting help). In the last month or so I have been unable to post replys to classified adds. This is the error message I receive each time I try:

Chris Wilkinson, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

To my knowledge I have not been banned from posting in this site. I have responded to adds in the past but cannot at this time. Any help or direction to whom can help would be greatly appreciated.

AbsoluteApril 11-28-2011 01:38 PM

Hello Chris, i just got your visitor message and sent you a PM.
Here is a thread about this rule change:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=249378

At this time only contributing members can post responses in the classifieds, any member can still post for sale/wanted ads. You have not been banned from posting.

Gary O 11-28-2011 01:39 PM

You must be a paid member to reply to classified ads. You can PM any of the people that have started an ad though. This is do to people just going to start trouble in the ads itself. But like I said you can still contact the seller via email or private message.

There is a thread about this somewhere. I am being lazy though lol

Gary O 11-28-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril (Post 1387523)
Hello Chris, i just got your visitor message and sent you a PM.
Here is a thread about this rule change:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=249378

At this time only contributing members can post responses in the classifieds, any member can still post for sale/wanted ads. You have not been banned from posting.

She beat me lol.... And she was not lazy lol

KCRD.com 12-31-2011 03:27 AM

Leaving Trader Rating?

I just did a great trade with a member here and wanted to leave him positive trader rating and when I do so I am getting a window that states I am not authorized to do so or my account may be locked. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I know I have left trader ratings for people in the past so I'm not sure why I can't now.

Thanks!
Jason

TheFragginDragon 12-31-2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCRD.com (Post 1401204)
I just did a great trade with a member here and wanted to leave him positive trader rating and when I do so I am getting a window that states I am not authorized to do so or my account may be locked. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I know I have left trader ratings for people in the past so I'm not sure why I can't now.

Thanks!
Jason

If you've given Trader Ratings before, then you must have let your Contributor status lapse since, because you show only as a registered member now. If you wish to renew your Contributor status, here's the link: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/payments.php?

Christina Vincent 03-03-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 250499)
I get an extraordinary number of emails from people, who are having one problem or another, who do not provide me with their registered member name on this site. Without that info, it is pretty difficult for me to have to figure out how to find out ANY information about their account in order to figure out what is needed to take care of their problem. So that wastes my time sending back a reply asking for this basic information in order to try to help resolve the problem.

Along those same lines, often I will get emails that will say nothing more then "cannot log in", "cannot post messages", "what is wrong with your system". I kid you not. That is ALL I have to go on from the emails.

I hope this doesn't sound rude, and I certainly hate to have to think about it this way, but sooner or later I am going to just have to start ignoring those kinds of messages completely. So if you are reading this thread and find that you need to contact me about some problem here having to do with registration, email changes, membership status, etc., please be certain to cover the following details in your correspondence with me:
  1. Provide your registered member name
  2. Send emails to me ONLY via the email address you are registered under, whenever possible
  3. Provide as much detail as possible as to exactly what your problem is

If you want me to help you, YOU need to help me as much as possible. Save us both some time and frustration by providing me what I need to get your problem resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks.

:iagree:
and
:o I am totally one of these people. About a week ago I think, I couldn't log into the site and sent an email askin if I had been banned (profanity infractions in the past :( I've since been better) and had mentioned maybe a server issue? but then just came across this post. You are completely correct and I am sorry I was one of those emails WebSlave.

GemmaMama1959 06-11-2012 08:33 AM

Hi, my name is Vickie Kestler and my username is Gemmamama1959. I bought a couple of female bearded dragons from a seller on this site and need to file a claim with paypal. I have a problem because paypal wants the link to the ad I purchased from and I looked back 20 or so pages and wasn't able to find it. Is there a way to look up a seller's previous listings, or are they deleted after a certain amount of time? I would appreciate any assistance you could provide. Thank you.

My email address is: gidgetsantana@yahoo.com

Gary O 06-11-2012 09:46 AM

You find I believe Paypal will not let you do a claim on live animal purchases. But to answer your question I believe the seller can delete their ads. You could start a BOI thread though.

WebSlave 06-11-2012 10:05 AM

Actually PayPal typically won't even do a thing for anyone unless the merchandise was purchased through Ebay. And even then, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting much help from them. They won't do anything if that requires even a nickle coming out of their own pockets. The reason I set up the BOI is because we are pretty much on our own when we get scammed by someone.

And yes, members posting ads can delete them.

GemmaMama1959 06-11-2012 11:02 AM

I was afraid it might have been deleted. I filed a dispute with paypal and they upped it to a claim. The seller used someone elses paypal account to sell the animals and the aspca is involved, so maybe animal abuse and fraud will get a little justice even if I don't get my money back. Thank you for responding so quickly to my question.

WebSlave 01-07-2014 03:17 PM

Enough already!

Write down your damned login info! Member name AND password. Store it somewhere that you can FIND it when you need it. This is NOT my responsibility! Yeah passwords are a pain in the ass, but if you can come up with a better way to maintain the security of everyone's accounts here, then please, enlighten me.

Do NOT create your account using a temporary email account that you then abandon. If you do that, then you will not be able to reset your password via the function provided when your login fails.

Whitelist "webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com" so that this email is not blocked by your ISP or your mail reader. If this email gets blocked, then you will never receive emails that are needed to reset your password. You need to do this anyway if you want to get notifications of replies to subscribed threads.

The rule here is one person per account, and one account per person. If you create a new account because you figured it was the easiest way to get around the problem of your forgetting your login info, then the new account is subject to either being blocked at registration, or deleted after the fact when the duplicate account is discovered.

Seriously, people are sending me pissy emails because they forgot their login name and or password and think that this is my fault somehow. If you come to me for help, act professional and recognize the fact that YOU are coming to ME for help, not the reverse. Don't start off the request for help with crap like "your stupid forum won't let me log on", or "that piece of crap forum of yours doesn't work for me". Sorry, but I'm just not interested in spending MY time helping YOU when you come at me with that kind of attitude.

WebSlave 05-07-2014 07:48 PM

To reiterate some issues concerning emails.

Please whitelist my email address listed above. And regardless, please check your junk mail or spam mail folder occasionally. The anonymous email providers (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) while allowing spammers to freely use their services, will oftentimes block legitimate emails from many message board systems based on nothing more than the VOLUME of emails such systems will issue to their members. Lamebrained? You bet! And there is typically no way to contact anyone at those providers to get them to see just how lamebrained such blanket policies are.

Seriously, I will often get emails from people from such services, and when I reply requesting more info and such, I often do not get a reply, leading me to believe that they probably did not get my response email. So what can I do about that to help them? Not a damned thing. Heck, I sometimes get notices of people signing up for sponsorships, and I will send them the form request for the info I need to set that up for them. Sometimes I don't get a reply, and quite honestly, I rarely remember to go back to check up on such things. So if they don't follow up with a PM here on this site, realizing the problem with their email, and also forget about paying for said sponsorship, then it will simply fall through the cracks and stay there. Sooner or later they will likely realize this, and I will start their sponsorship once communication has been established, but beyond that, not much else I can do.

So, again, it is in YOUR best interests to make certain that YOU can receive emails from this site. I've done all I can from this end, but YOUR email service provider is outside of my control. Worse comes to worse, you may just want to consider finding an email service that isn't quite so brain dead. I've SERIOUSLY considered just outright blocking those email providers because they throw a seriously large monkey wrench into my attempts to verify that member registrations are legit. Not really a feasible solution, of course, but more than once I've been frustrate enough to seriously consider it, regardless.

WebSlave 01-17-2016 04:42 PM

Just another reminder. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 1679559)
Enough already!

Write down your damned login info! Member name AND password. Store it somewhere that you can FIND it when you need it. This is NOT my responsibility! Yeah passwords are a pain in the ass, but if you can come up with a better way to maintain the security of everyone's accounts here, then please, enlighten me.

Do NOT create your account using a temporary email account that you then abandon. If you do that, then you will not be able to reset your password via the function provided when your login fails.

Whitelist "webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com" so that this email is not blocked by your ISP or your mail reader. If this email gets blocked, then you will never receive emails that are needed to reset your password. You need to do this anyway if you want to get notifications of replies to subscribed threads.

The rule here is one person per account, and one account per person. If you create a new account because you figured it was the easiest way to get around the problem of your forgetting your login info, then the new account is subject to either being blocked at registration, or deleted after the fact when the duplicate account is discovered.

Seriously, people are sending me pissy emails because they forgot their login name and or password and think that this is my fault somehow. If you come to me for help, act professional and recognize the fact that YOU are coming to ME for help, not the reverse. Don't start off the request for help with crap like "your stupid forum won't let me log on", or "that piece of crap forum of yours doesn't work for me". Sorry, but I'm just not interested in spending MY time helping YOU when you come at me with that kind of attitude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 1710558)

Please whitelist my email address listed above. And regardless, please check your junk mail or spam mail folder occasionally. The anonymous email providers (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) while allowing spammers to freely use their services, will oftentimes block legitimate emails from many message board systems based on nothing more than the VOLUME of emails such systems will issue to their members. Lamebrained? You bet! And there is typically no way to contact anyone at those providers to get them to see just how lamebrained such blanket policies are.

Seriously, I will often get emails from people from such services, and when I reply requesting more info and such, I often do not get a reply, leading me to believe that they probably did not get my response email. So what can I do about that to help them? Not a damned thing. Heck, I sometimes get notices of people signing up for sponsorships, and I will send them the form request for the info I need to set that up for them. Sometimes I don't get a reply, and quite honestly, I rarely remember to go back to check up on such things. So if they don't follow up with a PM here on this site, realizing the problem with their email, and also forget about paying for said sponsorship, then it will simply fall through the cracks and stay there. Sooner or later they will likely realize this, and I will start their sponsorship once communication has been established, but beyond that, not much else I can do.

So, again, it is in YOUR best interests to make certain that YOU can receive emails from this site. I've done all I can from this end, but YOUR email service provider is outside of my control. Worse comes to worse, you may just want to consider finding an email service that isn't quite so brain dead. I've SERIOUSLY considered just outright blocking those email providers because they throw a seriously large monkey wrench into my attempts to verify that member registrations are legit. Not really a feasible solution, of course, but more than once I've been frustrate enough to seriously consider it, regardless.

dakotasreptiles 06-22-2018 02:31 PM

I'm trying to post my pictures of my babies for sale and it's sending me to something else. I'm registered but I don't know what to do now somebody let me know what's up or what I'm doing wrong.

Ed Clark 06-22-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakotasreptiles (Post 2082868)
I'm trying to post my pictures of my babies for sale and it's sending me to something else. I'm registered but I don't know what to do now somebody let me know what's up or what I'm doing wrong.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

Robert Walker 06-22-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Frog (Post 2082875)

Thanks for helping out Ed.

WebSlave 05-04-2019 01:19 AM

Alrighty then, time for another reminder... :face_palm_02:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 1710558)

I've gotten quite a few emails lately from people asking for help, but when I asked them for more information (like a member name) via an email reply I don't hear back from many of them. I DO respond to emails. If you are not getting that response, then I am sorry, but you need to change something on your end. Since I DO get responses from many people, and many people are able to complete the email verification during registration, I have no choice but to assume that some people are just going a bit overboard with their spam detection and/or blocking, and basically locking themselves into a closet.

Again, please whitelist "webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com" with your ISP, or whatever email processor you are using. That means gmail, yahoo, AOL, etc., etc. Some will block emails without any input on your end about what constitutes spam or not, so be proactive about this. Sooner or later you just might want to contact me via email. And I do reply to your emails. But there is absolutely nothing I can do about YOUR not being able to receive them because of one or more settings you (or your email processor) have applied to your own email handling.