FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Chris Davis aka calebroad (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565731)

nickolasanastasiou 02-17-2016 06:30 PM

Chris Davis aka calebroad

1 Attachment(s)
This individual has contacted me several times regarding one animal. Every time feels like a 50 First Dates sort of experience, so I am not sure if something is going on with that. If so, I hope wellness is achievable and I wish the best luck to him in his fight for it.

The most recent time, I accepted an offer proposal. However, over ten days passed after that and the party failed to follow through. To close the loop and not leave things in a weird open-ended space in case he might think he could revisit this at some extreme later date, I sent him a message. I had grown tired of his antics and decided that I would like to avoid doing business with him and I feel I expressed this pretty clearly.

Of particular note: I will be removing one piece of information from my message only because of the rules for this section of the site regarding anonymous third-party quotation. This may cause a mild information gap that is not central to my direct issue with the party this thread is about. I am as much subject to said rules as anyone. For that one piece of information, I will place a note of where it was removed and why so as to remain in compliance. If another party wishes to weigh in regarding anything I may have removed to be in compliance, so be it, but I do not wish to force anyone into a bed they have not made. Also, since I am a direct party in this situation, I will not be acting in the capacity of a moderator within the confines of this thread.

I attempted to let this person burn himself out of his episode, but at the time of this post we are at 22 emails received (for just this time; he has also contacted me regarding the animal before, but I consider that tangential) and I stopped after my ninth response because spending more energy and time was not looking probable for achieving effective communication. With the juvenile threats and other petty behavior, I figure that posting this may save others from a potential headache. While I do believe he may be capable of performing successful transactions, he proved incapable in this particular instance and so I consider our ways best parted.

Please judge for yourself based on the communications therein. I obviously have already reached my own conclusion, but I only decide for myself freely just as others should decide for themselves.

The attached image is a screenshot of the within-24hr message volume showing reply cessation. Emails themselves are in text format. I can generate screenshots if necessary to contest anything in particular. He started sending multiple responses to the same messages, so there is some divergence of chains for the messages I replied to. I will post the two chains to which I responded and then individual emails I have no bothered to respond to. I apologize in advance for any spelling or grammatical errors in my messages.

----------------------
Chain 1 (last to first):
----------------------

Feb 16 at 5:10 PM

To

Chris Davis

Message body
I can name names, but will not since I have no such obligation to you.
You can imagine whatever you like.

Thanks,

Nick

To: Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:08 PM
Subject: Re: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com

Nobody has said that, and that is the reason you cannot name names.

You get caught, now, just apologize. Like an adult. This will be a good learning experience.

In my line of work, I often push thru contracts worth tens of millions of dollars. Only you have ever made such a claim.

And now you are digging out.

Just apologize

Chris

On Feb 16, 2016, at 5:04 PM, Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You seem confused, but I wish you luck all the same.
>
> Thanks and take care,
>
> Nick
>
>
>
> From: Chris Davis <spymart007@yahoo.com>
> To: Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:01 PM
> Subject: Re: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com
>
> My guess is you are just a kid. I have never, once had a bad experience in the business world.
>
> You will learn over time that people talk, and these things you say become known. And you get a reputation for "flying off the handle" as somebody just texted me
>
> You cannot name a single person, then you change subject. Not good
>
> Not good at all, hopefully you can take your being caught in this false info and use it to treat people fairly and with integrity
>
> Chris
>
>
> On Feb 16, 2016, at 4:54 PM, Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I hope you find peace in your activities, whatever they really are.
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> From: Chris Davis <spymart007@yahoo.com>
>> To: Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com>
>> Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 4:53 PM
>> Subject: Re: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com
>>
>> That's exactly what I thought!
>>
>> Honestly is the best policy, perhaps you should give it a try.
>>
>> Please just leave me and my farm alone. I can overcome a mistake. But slander and false info is offensive and very unprofessional
>>
>> Chris
>>
>>
>>
>> On Feb 16, 2016, at 4:50 PM, Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have no such obligation to you.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Nick
>>>
>>> From: Chris Davis <spymart007@yahoo.com>
>>> To: Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com>
>>> Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 4:47 PM
>>> Subject: Re: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com
>>>
>>> I'm guessing you cannot name these folks, like I have
>>>
>>>> "***Third party quotation removed. - Nick***"
>>>
>>> Let's here some names?
>>>
>>>
>>> On Feb 16, 2016, at 4:35 PM, Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi, Chris.
>>>>
>>>> I believe it would be best for the two of us to do business with other people, but not with each other.
>>>>
>>>> I am uninterested in having a phone conversation. I feel my position is clear.
>>>>
>>>> I wish you luck in your future ventures.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Nick
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> From: Chris Davis <spymart007@yahoo.com>
>>>> To: Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com>
>>>> Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 4:31 PM
>>>> Subject: Re: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com
>>>>
>>>> Nick
>>>>
>>>> There has been some mistake make. I currently have done deals involving snows, caramels, and albinos.
>>>>
>>>> 100% have been fine
>>>>
>>>> You must allow for human error if one has occurred
>>>>
>>>> Please call me
>>>>
>>>> Chris
>>>> 404-433-0003
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Feb 16, 2016, at 4:28 PM, Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi, Chris.
>>>>>
>>>>> Needless to say, your failure to follow through has rendered the deal invalid.
>>>>>
>>>>> ***Third party quotation removed. - Nick***
>>>>>
>>>>> Good luck in your endeavors and with any deals you might commit to with other vendors.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>
>>>>> Nick
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> From: Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com>
>>>>> To: "spymart007@yahoo.com" <spymart007@yahoo.com>
>>>>> Sent: Friday, February 5, 2016 11:55 AM
>>>>> Subject: Re: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi, Chris.
>>>>>
>>>>> That plan sounds reasonable enough to me. Is there a particular day next week (or whenever it is convenient for you) that you would prefer to receive? As of right now, my schedule is mostly open enough to ship on any date.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>
>>>>> Nick
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> From: "donotreply@kingsnake.com" <donotreply@kingsnake.com>
>>>>> To: nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com
>>>>> Sent: Friday, February 5, 2016 1:12 AM
>>>>> Subject: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com
>>>>>
>>>>> *************
>>>>> NOTE: This message was sent to you via Kingsnake.com Classifieds.
>>>>> It appears to be from spymart007@yahoo.com.
>>>>> To respond to this email please just click REPLY.
>>>>> If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
>>>>> NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from may be compromised
>>>>> *************
>>>>>
>>>>> Nick,
>>>>>
>>>>> Let me ask, would you take 600cash, then you can also take a pick of the litter. But also, I will throw in a catch 22.
>>>>>
>>>>> If your turtle fails to lays eggs this season, you can have one turtle of another albino litter this season of your choice guaranteed. And say none of my albinos hatched any albinos. You can have her back for the 600 if that's what you want. If she hatches a bunch (3 ) of albinos, I will let you pick out a caramel pink slider hatchling instead of any albino. Fun Deal I Think
>>>>>
>>>>> Even better, if she hatches out a bunch (3 ) albinos, you can add $2,000 and pick out a snow hatchling.
>>>>>
>>>>> Just thought I would throw that out there, makes it exciting.
>>>>>
>>>>> ----------------------------------------------
>>>>> Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
>>>>> location window) the URL below to view the ad that
>>>>> this message is in response to.
>>>>>
>>>>> http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=1132533
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.
>>>>> This person may or may not be who they say they are.
>>>>> The return address they provided may or may not be their correct address.
>>>>> Click REPLY to respond to the user.
>>>>>
>>>>> Sent 12:12 AM, Feb 05th, 2016 from I.P. Address 98.252.254.102/c-98-252-254-102.hsd1.ga.comcast.net
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>

----------------------
Chain 2 (last to first):
----------------------

Feb 16 at 5:11 PM

To

Chris Davis

Message body
Words may occasionally prove difficult.
Take care,

Nick

To: Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com

I'm not gonna read all that teen nonsense.
Your caught, just man up and apologize.

On Feb 16, 2016, at 5:08 PM, Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sounds like we are mutually agreed on business then.
>
> Slander is inherently false. Placing false before it is redundant. Typed word that is false regarding a person is libel rather than slander, but typed word that is one's experience that is not false is not libel. I have described my experiences with you and ***Third party quotation removed. - Nick***. Your offers are as I have described. Your lack of follow-through is as I have described. They are therefore factual.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick
>
> To: Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:04 PM
> Subject: Re: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com
>
> You will never do biz with me. This I promise, the missed email I can handle, but the false slander is unacceptable.
>
> Chris
>
>
>
> On Feb 16, 2016, at 4:54 PM, Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I hope you find peace in your activities, whatever they really are.
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> From: Chris Davis <spymart007@yahoo.com>
>> To: Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com>
>> Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 4:53 PM
>> Subject: Re: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com
>>
>> That's exactly what I thought!
>>
>> Honestly is the best policy, perhaps you should give it a try.
>>
>> Please just leave me and my farm alone. I can overcome a mistake. But slander and false info is offensive and very unprofessional
>>
>> Chris
>>
>>
>>
>> On Feb 16, 2016, at 4:50 PM, Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have no such obligation to you.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Nick
>>>
>>> From: Chris Davis <spymart007@yahoo.com>
>>> To: Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com>
>>> Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 4:47 PM
>>> Subject: Re: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com
>>>
>>> I'm guessing you cannot name these folks, like I have
>>>
>>>> "***Third party quotation removed. - Nick***"
>>>
>>> Let's here some names?
>>>
>>>
>>> On Feb 16, 2016, at 4:35 PM, Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi, Chris.
>>>>
>>>> I believe it would be best for the two of us to do business with other people, but not with each other.
>>>>
>>>> I am uninterested in having a phone conversation. I feel my position is clear.
>>>>
>>>> I wish you luck in your future ventures.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Nick
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> From: Chris Davis <spymart007@yahoo.com>
>>>> To: Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com>
>>>> Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 4:31 PM
>>>> Subject: Re: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com
>>>>
>>>> Nick
>>>>
>>>> There has been some mistake make. I currently have done deals involving snows, caramels, and albinos.
>>>>
>>>> 100% have been fine
>>>>
>>>> You must allow for human error if one has occurred
>>>>
>>>> Please call me
>>>>
>>>> Chris
>>>> 404-433-0003
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Feb 16, 2016, at 4:28 PM, Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi, Chris.
>>>>>
>>>>> Needless to say, your failure to follow through has rendered the deal invalid.
>>>>>
>>>>> ***Third party quotation removed. - Nick***
>>>>>
>>>>> Good luck in your endeavors and with any deals you might commit to with other vendors.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>
>>>>> Nick
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> From: Nickolas Anastasiou <nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com>
>>>>> To: "spymart007@yahoo.com" <spymart007@yahoo.com>
>>>>> Sent: Friday, February 5, 2016 11:55 AM
>>>>> Subject: Re: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi, Chris.
>>>>>
>>>>> That plan sounds reasonable enough to me. Is there a particular day next week (or whenever it is convenient for you) that you would prefer to receive? As of right now, my schedule is mostly open enough to ship on any date.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>
>>>>> Nick
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> From: "donotreply@kingsnake.com" <donotreply@kingsnake.com>
>>>>> To: nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com
>>>>> Sent: Friday, February 5, 2016 1:12 AM
>>>>> Subject: Message about Subadult female het for albino red ear slider from spymart007@yahoo.com
>>>>>
>>>>> *************
>>>>> NOTE: This message was sent to you via Kingsnake.com Classifieds.
>>>>> It appears to be from spymart007@yahoo.com.
>>>>> To respond to this email please just click REPLY.
>>>>> If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
>>>>> NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from may be compromised
>>>>> *************
>>>>>
>>>>> Nick,
>>>>>
>>>>> Let me ask, would you take 600cash, then you can also take a pick of the litter. But also, I will throw in a catch 22.
>>>>>
>>>>> If your turtle fails to lays eggs this season, you can have one turtle of another albino litter this season of your choice guaranteed. And say none of my albinos hatched any albinos. You can have her back for the 600 if that's what you want. If she hatches a bunch (3 ) of albinos, I will let you pick out a caramel pink slider hatchling instead of any albino. Fun Deal I Think
>>>>>
>>>>> Even better, if she hatches out a bunch (3 ) albinos, you can add $2,000 and pick out a snow hatchling.
>>>>>
>>>>> Just thought I would throw that out there, makes it exciting.
>>>>>
>>>>> Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
>>>>> location window) the URL below to view the ad that
>>>>> this message is in response to.
>>>>>
>>>>> http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=1132533
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.
>>>>> This person may or may not be who they say they are.
>>>>> The return address they provided may or may not be their correct address.
>>>>> Click REPLY to respond to the user.
>>>>>
>>>>> Sent 12:12 AM, Feb 05th, 2016 from I.P. Address 98.252.254.102/c-98-252-254-102.hsd1.ga.comcast.net
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>

----------------------
Individual messages after I stopped replying (last to first):
----------------------

Chris Davis <spymart007@yahoo.com>
Today at 11:33 AM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
I have spoken with every single person that has ever done any business with me about your ranting.

Every single person says they have never had any issues. You need to provide a backdrop for your accusations as they are vague and broad.

Everybody seems to think you are a loose cannon and I should just drop it. And I will. But it should be heavily documented that you are a proven liar.

I have informed everyone about this situation and sent them your messages. It comes as no surprise to most.

Now everyone who I have ever spoken with is aware of you, and your unprofessional ranting.

This certainly will not serve u well

I intend to do a mass email later today and send your ranting out to the entire reptile community, along with your attack on me.

I have 213 emails for the reptile/exotic pets community. Everyone should beware of a loose cannon like you, and they will be. They need to know

Feb 16 at 8:42 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
I'll see you at a show or convention, don't worry. Your ranting has earned you an ass whooping and everyone knows it.

It will be fun to watch, maybe you'll learn a lesson about who you can mess with and who you cannot mess with.

My firm has attorneys on retainer, they laughed out loud about your whole slander spill. you need to know who you are speaking to before you rant. Pansie

Feb 16 at 7:35 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
At least I'm happy to see you know when to shut the hell up after being caught lying.

Feb 16 at 6:53 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
You are not, and never will be on my level.

You do not have a great rep yourself as it turns out.

Take your subadult half inbred turtle and shove it.

You will never be on my level. You were lucky just be speaking with me.

Have fun living in your mommas basement and don't contact me again.

And just pray I don't come across you in person one day

Chris

Feb 16 at 5:57 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
I am not worried about you, I am confident I will see you at a show some day or maybe a reptile exhibit. I will settle this then

Chris Davis

Feb 16 at 5:51 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
Thats what I thought, silence.

What else would I expect?

Your ranting is so immature. It will get u nowhere in life. Except divorced and disliked.

Am I right? Probably

Feb 16 at 5:46 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
If you cannot provide proof or truth, don't say it. That is called false

Feb 16 at 5:44 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
I am herby officially requesting information on the complaint you received. If you made that up, just apologize. If it happened, I want to know the source of complaint.

If you are unwilling, I will decide what next steps to take.

This is very serious being the amount of transactions and money that I have invested in my farm.

Everyone I know is denying any involvement, you have an obligation to pass the complaint to me for review

I shall wait. No response shall be acknowledgment that you have provided false information in an attempt to cause problems with my business.

Chris

Feb 16 at 5:28 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
Every single person I have done biz with has said "not me"

And that is why you cannot name names.

Tangled web of lies

Feb 16 at 5:23 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
So, I'm hearing you have had some issues in the tortoise community. And maybe I'm not the first victim of your fiction rants?

And maybe "you have to be treated like an egg timer" or maybe like a young person

These are what I am hearing right now?

You should apologize and then leave me be. I have spent a fortune growing my farm and I have never had a deal go bad. Only Nickolas

Feb 16 at 5:18 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
I have spoken to everyone that I have done biz with in the turtle world.

All say that your view conflicts theirs. Every deal has been smooth. You are 100% caught. It's not good

I can name names all day long, because I am honest, u, well, u cannot

Feb 16 at 5:13 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
Lying sometimes becomes difficult when asked to prove it.

Hope u can learn from this experience of getting caught in a tangled lie

Feb 16 at 5:10 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
That's exactly what I thought

nickolasanastasiou 02-17-2016 06:47 PM

Received this as a forward a touch over an hour ago.

I do not personally believe it went to his spam folder, but given the threats and other telling indicators, I feel I may owe that spam folder a hug.

------------------------

Today at 5:41 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> Date: February 17, 2016 at 5:40:22 PM EST
> To: webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com
> Subject: Nicholas
>
> I have put some very very bad people where they belong. I have seen the worst of the worst of what this world has to offer
>
> But I have never dealt with someone so far out, so ignorant, and so high on life that they would talk to others in this manner.
>
> And he is your moderator. One email went to spam, and that is what caused the attack. I have spoken with all parties whom I know in this industry, all are happy with me, but warned "Nicholas" thinks he deserves finer treatments due to moderating?
>
> I am offended, I have been lied to, and I am furious. You should release him and find somebody that has even a hint of integrity.
>
> He got caught in a lie, then attacks again. He is a liar. That is why he stopped contacting me. He is a liar, and as far as I am concerned is no better than the filth, that occupy our prisons across the USA.
>
> Liar liar liar liar

Black Adder 02-17-2016 06:47 PM

I am not quite sure I really follow any of Chris ramblings after you stated the deal was not going to happen due to his lack of response over said deal?
Such Immaturity concerns me greatly and I hope to never have the misfortune to attempt any business transactions with said individual
Did you notify him of this thread Nick?

nickolasanastasiou 02-17-2016 06:50 PM

I sent him a courtesy PM with a link to it a minute or two ago.

Snake-Queen 02-17-2016 07:56 PM

What rant does he speak of? Is he referring to the redacted portion of the email chain that references a third party?

The way his emails read, it's as if you have removed more of the communications that previously stated. I don't believe you have, just saying that's how it reads or that he is referencing some other conversation entirely. If this conversation was entirely a figment of his imagination, I have serious doubts about his mental stability.

nickolasanastasiou 02-17-2016 08:01 PM

I removed a single sentence where I stated it and where it was once recited by Chris Davis only because of it inherently not being within the BOI rule for anonymous third-party quotation as I see it. If he wishes to share it or if anyone he may have shared it with wishes to share it, that would be different.

nickolasanastasiou 02-17-2016 08:03 PM

Also, to more specifically answer your question (sorry about that), it would take quite some serious mental gymnastics for the sentence that is omitted to be "imagineered" into a rant (at least in my mind).

Snake-Queen 02-17-2016 08:08 PM

I believe you, as he has made no sense.

I also do not see how one sentence can be construed as a rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calebroad 02-17-2016 08:16 PM

I am new and trying to get a footing with reptiles as a hobby. I have found most everyone to be friendly and happy to help me along. I am thankful for those who have taken the time to help show me the ropes. I went into this negotiations with high hopes and good intentions. But because of a single email snafu with Mr. Anastoasiou email either being lost, in spam, or simply overlooked. Things quickly spiraled way out of control and I felt bullied, but also that my honor was being challenged.

It was never my intention for this to go as far as it has and I certainly could have handled my emotions of feeling bullied better. Let me apologize for the role that I played in this for it would have been a good transaction for the both of us.

This is now over as far as I am concerned and a valuable lesson learned, for a new member to the forum.

Thank You,
Chris Davis

nickolasanastasiou 02-17-2016 08:21 PM

Chris, I sincerely feel that post number nine represents an honorable path and I appreciate it. I would have appreciated it more if there had not been threats made against me, but I can also let bygones be bygones and still wish you well (I have always wished you well).

Snake-Queen 02-17-2016 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebroad (Post 1890617)
I am new and trying to get a footing with reptiles as a hobby. I have found most everyone to be friendly and happy to help me along. I am thankful for those who have taken the time to help show me the ropes. I went into this negotiations with high hopes and good intentions. But because of a single email snafu with Mr. Anastoasiou email either being lost, in spam, or simply overlooked. Things quickly spiraled way out of control and I felt bullied, but also that my honor was being challenged.

It was never my intention for this to go as far as it has and I certainly could have handled my emotions of feeling bullied better. Let me apologize for the role that I played in this for it would have been a good transaction for the both of us.

This is now over as far as I am concerned and a valuable lesson learned, for a new member to the forum.

Thank You,
Chris Davis

I appreciate you coming here & apologize.

Could you point to me where you were bullied?

calebroad 02-17-2016 09:04 PM

I felt bullied and that my honor was being challenged since it was a single lost or misplaced email drew very sharp and fast criticism. And I went on the defense. As I said, the situation should have been handled differently. Thank You, Chris

Snake-Queen 02-17-2016 11:14 PM

Your actions were not an appropriate response to the situation. Someone saying they will no longer do business with you after you never responded to his acceptance of your offer. (Whether or not it went into your spam folder.)

calebroad 02-17-2016 11:33 PM

Melissa, you seem like your set on having a dispute, however, I do not wish to engage in the activitie. I have recently started working with reptiles. I did not see Nicholas' reply. Causing him to react in a manor that I felt was challenging my honor and bullied.

I feel I have explained this should have been handled differently. Even after explaining the single response may have been overlooked, I only received hostile responses. I went in defense mode, I should have taken a different approach to the circumstances.

I hope you have a great day and perhaps we can close the matter and look forward to children, business, and our daily lives.

Thank You,
Chris

EdwardK 02-18-2016 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebroad (Post 1890655)
Melissa, you seem like your set on having a dispute, however, I do not wish to engage in the activitie. I have recently started working with reptiles. I did not see Nicholas' reply. Causing him to react in a manor that I felt was challenging my honor and bullied. .

Your getting flack because you keep trying to justify your responses as you "felt bullied" and that your honor was "insulted". The problem for you is that it is clear in the e-mail chain that you insulted and threatened the OP repeatedly. In addition you kept firing off e-mails despite the OP's lack of response.
Doesn't that constitute bullying? It comes across as you were attempting to insult the OP into agreeing to the transaction, particularly when you threatened him if you meet him a swap or show and send out a mass e-mail about his "rant".

Your claiming it was a simple mistake because it went to your spam folder but that doesn't excuse you from not following up with the OP nor does it excuse your response to the polite rejection of the deal after ten days. There are a lot of people who are tire kickers and want animals etc but never follow through with the seller. The OP did you a courtesy by waiting ten days for your response before he let you politely know that he was moving on. It isn't unreasonable for the seller to do so since if he "agreed to the deal" a second time you could dangle him on the hook for another ten days. I would have canceled the deal after five days (which is typically considered one business week).

Continuing to try and pass this off with you being the victim comes off as you being at best insincere and at worst a simple denial of responsibility for your actions. Neither is a good indication for people to be willing to do business with you in the future.

some comments

Ed

calebroad 02-18-2016 12:38 AM

Yes Ed, I cannot read all that, I'm sorry. But I felt bullied, I could have handled it differently, and can use it as a learning experience. Have a good day! Chris

tlmoon 02-18-2016 12:46 AM

Quote:

Thank You,
Chris Davis

Fair enough - we all make mistakes and sometimes let our emotions dictate our words. I'm not entirely clear on the whole situation, but you have come here, posted an apology and you are replying to others politely. That's more than many people ever do when in a difficult situation. So I give you props for that.

If you start to get upset reading responses, just step back from the computer. Knowing when to take a deep breath and walk away from a difficult situation is one of those very useful life skills. It's easy to get caught up in a situation and lose sight of the bigger picture.

calebroad 02-18-2016 12:52 AM

Thank you Theresa for your understanding, I'm only human. But I do learn from mistakes.

Chris

Snake-Queen 02-18-2016 12:57 AM

The fact that you were polite in your responses here & have apologized, does show you can learn from your mistakes & truly regret your actions.

Unless Nick has anything else to add, this should be over.

calebroad 02-18-2016 01:06 AM

Could Not Agree More! lol

I will use this as a platform to improve, and become better.

Chris

calebroad 02-18-2016 01:13 AM

Nick and I have agreed that although we may do business with mutual people, we will not conduct business directly between the two of us. This is best, and it was accepted between him and I. So to the best of my knowledge, neither him nor myself have any further grievances, I look forward to seeing and learning what I can from this exciting hobby.
Thanks, Chris

nickolasanastasiou 02-18-2016 01:14 AM

The initial responsive post was a positive step for sure in my eyes and I am appreciative.

I have some concerns over some claims made to Rich (WebSlave).

Things like...

Quote:

I have a complaint about a moderator abusing his position for better deals, and using his moderator position for priviledge and the ability to grab good tortoise deals.
...well, like that.

I would like to know where I am supposed to be getting these better deals, as my accounting of purchases indicates somebody must owe me something or my collection inventory system (arithmetic in my noggin) is on the fritz. I have bought wholesale three times in my life. All before being a moderator. For me, it ended up ultimately costing me (much) more than I paid, so I abandoned that particular approach. Maybe there is something else?

I am also curious about the exact process by which one uses moderator ability to grab good tortoise deals. I have been paying asking this whole time and I feel like I might somehow be missing out on the sweet deals moderator ability afffords.

Seriously, though, no such thing for me, but I would be interested in some concrete examples if possible.

EdwardK 02-18-2016 01:27 AM

Was this sent after his initial apology or after? If it was after then it shows some continued issues with acceptance since he was just taking out of public view ...
Either way not a good thing but one is far worse than the other.

some comments

Ed

calebroad 02-18-2016 01:33 AM

I am not going to re-hatch this. This will be a valuable learning experience. And I will use this to improve my hobby.

With my being new, and having resolved this. I ask that you move on. Don't use this forum of which I am new, and have your you and your colleagues attack. Do you know what that is called? It's called bullying. So let's please put this to rest. I wish you the best

Chris Davis

nickolasanastasiou 02-18-2016 01:33 AM

I believe it was sent to the site owner on the evening of the 16th. I know for a fact that it was/is baseless (or else I am getting unwittingly robbed pretty consistently), but it remains a point of curiosity for me since I take special care to prevent what is being asserted.

Maybe mods get free ice cream with their tortoises and they run out before they get to me each and every time. :(

calebroad 02-18-2016 01:36 AM

Ed, that was during the problematic timeframe. Prior to my acceptance and apologizing for my role.

calebroad 02-18-2016 01:44 AM

Ed, this has gone on for a while. I am up because my 4 year old can't sleep. I can't help wonder why you are here at 2:00am trying to agg on something that is in the past.

What does "some comments" mean? Is that like the attack word? I took responsibility for my role, nothing new has occurred. Thank You, Chris

calebroad 02-18-2016 01:52 AM

Nick, I asked you for concrete examples, and what did you say? So don't bully. I have taken responsibility for my part. Let it go.

Thank You,
Chris

nickolasanastasiou 02-18-2016 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebroad (Post 1890687)
Nick, I asked you for concrete examples, and what did you say? So don't bully. I have taken responsibility for my part. Let it go.

Thank You,
Chris

Go ahead and say what you asked for concrete examples of if you like.

Chris, I think you do not understand bullying.

Some comments.

WebSlave 02-18-2016 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdwardK (Post 1890677)
Was this sent after his initial apology or after? If it was after then it shows some continued issues with acceptance since he was just taking out of public view ...
Either way not a good thing but one is far worse than the other.

some comments

Ed

I received several emails from Chris Davis between the evening of 02/16 and the afternoon of 02/17. I was out most of the early part of the day on 02/17.

I was asked to evaluate some claims made by Mr. Davis about one of my moderators, and I requested evidence from him to support those claims. I viewed the evidence he provided me, checked records on this site that would support or refute his claims, and then sent him my opinions of the situation he brought to my attention. From what I can see from his replies in this thread, he has apparently accepted my evaluation of his claims being unwarranted and unsupported by any facts I can find. In one of my last emails I offered my suggestion to drop the escalating conflict and move on with his life.

calebroad 02-18-2016 02:05 AM

I'm gonna take Theresa's advice and just walk away. I'm going to take the hi road. After progress, you are trying to restart the whole thing. That's not good. I won't do that. And you are the moderator? If you find satisfaction beating on someone who has taken responsibility for there actions, than I will leave that to you and your colleagues.

So I wish you the best, Thanks Chris Davis
signing off

Lucille 02-18-2016 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou (Post 1890564)

Feb 16 at 6:53 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
You are not, and never will be on my level.

You do not have a great rep yourself as it turns out.

Take your subadult half inbred turtle and shove it.

You will never be on my level. You were lucky just be speaking with me.

Have fun living in your mommas basement and don't contact me again.

And just pray I don't come across you in person one day

Chris

Quote:

I have taken responsibility for my part.

Apologizing and taking responsibility does not mean that what you have done gets sealed out of sight. You said some nasty stuff and made nasty accusations, and others might well keep in mind that this is how you reacted to something as benign as a proposed turtle sale.
Hopefully, you will never repeat this kind of behavior, but taking responsibility does not mean that you point and call bully whenever your poor behavior is discussed.
Apologizing was a good first step, but it is a fake apology if you are using it to put the hush on this incident.
If you want to be taken seriously, improve your behavior. If you don't, you can continue to try to sell to people that because you said 'sorry', they are no longer permitted to talk about how they feel about what was said.
'Moving on' means YOU drop trying to exert control. It does not mean that others cannot weigh in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebroad (Post 1890692)
just walk away.

Excellent. Hopefully, the future will bring reports of transactions where your communication style has improved.

LauraB 02-18-2016 06:47 AM

Move on, please. Both of you. Chris, you are not "new". You have been a member here since 2012. You have posted here and have had plenty of time to familiarize yourself the site. Don't play the "I am new" card.

That said, kudos to you for accepting some responsibility for whatever part you played in that failed transaction. Learn from it. Do not repeat it. Seriously, it's not good if you want to establish yourself.

Nick, it happens. You are a pro. Gotta move on :)

nickolasanastasiou 02-18-2016 09:17 AM

Laura, I decided to bring the direct he-and-I communication exchange matter to light after the threats and the lack of discontinuation of odd and increasingly aggressive messages despite having made the attempt to move on and clarify our (and the deal's) status (in case there was some kind of residual ambiguity in the same way that people who say they are "interested" sometimes feel like that means the same thing as having bought an animal).

However, since a conditional statement about me having something else to add was mentioned by Melissa, I felt it would be of value to share that, behind the scenes, I had also been baselessly accused of various things in the form of abuse of role (in four ways, two of which I addressed here and at least two of which were evaluated by Rich beforehand). This was not in the email messages from Chris addressing me directly, so I consider it a pertinent addition. I have attended to the bits on moderator impropriety in a jocular way so as to highlight the absurdity of the claims. It is the type of charge that is taken seriously all the same, but dismissal has been achieved.

Moving on from the matter of the contents of the emails and the moderator impropriety accusations had already taken place as of earlier, but I can still point out in the nearer-present point that the continued "bullying" assertions are hollow. Everything is getting labeled with "bullying", it seems, like the out-of-sorts overreaction to "some comments" as though it was some reptile cabal strategic signal (Illuminati, assemble!). The use of "bullying" here is a mislabeling of "not one particular party's way" as I am seeing it. Saying one is taking responsibility is a positive step that I endorse. Following it up with a persistent "bullying" type of attempted defense in response to criticism or comment (literally including the words "some comments"...) that is not bullying runs counter to that positive step and the claim comprising that positive step.

I do not anticipate the need for me to go on about these points, as I do believe they have been covered well enough on my end. I would only feel the need to continue discussion of the matter if prompted by a question, personal/direct address, or the broach of some unmentioned matter that I either feel the need (or inclination) to weigh in on as a principle actor. I hope to see Chris succeed and progress. Were that not my desire, this would not have been labeled an "Info" thread upon inception. I can readily say that if someone else (as in other than myself) had received any threats of physical harm, my generosity in that regard would much, much curtailed, but for myself an exception to lean more positively is my elective.

Black Adder 02-18-2016 09:38 AM

IMHO it appears that Chris has been caught out and has decided that his best course of action is to make very insincere apologies that appear baseless right now in the hopes that his actions can be buried and forgotten.
His claims to be "new" do not carry any substance either, if you read his emails he claims to have spent a fortune on his farm, did he suddenly win the lottery then to enable him to do this all of a sudden. Being registered in 2012 does not bode well for a "new" member claim either.
His actions call for accountability.

I would not stand for the sorts of email threats he delivered to Nick with impunity myself and feel Nick acted correctly in bringing this type of behaviour into the light for the Fauna community to see and make up their own minds
At this stage I would have no hesitation in entering into any deal with Nick if we had any common ground for a business transaction.
Mr Davis on the other hand? Not a chance!

Snake-Queen 02-18-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

I am new and trying to get a footing with reptiles as a hobby. I have found most everyone to be friendly and happy to help me along. I am thankful for those who have taken the time to help show me the ropes. I went into this negotiations with high hopes and good intentions. But because of a single email snafu with Mr. Anastoasiou email either being lost, in spam, or simply overlooked. Things quickly spiraled way out of control and I felt [COLOR="red
"]bullied[/color]
, but also that my honor was being challenged.

Thank You,
Chris Davis

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebroad (Post 1890633)
I felt bullied and that my honor was being challenged since it was a single lost or misplaced email drew very sharp and fast criticism. And I went on the defense. As I said, the situation should have been handled differently. Thank You, Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebroad (Post 1890655)
Melissa, you seem like your set on having a dispute, however, I do not wish to engage in the activitie. I have recently started working with reptiles. I did not see Nicholas' reply. Causing him to react in a manor that I felt was challenging my honor and bullied.

I feel I have explained this should have been handled differently. Even after explaining the single response may have been overlooked, I only received hostile responses. I went in defense mode, I should have taken a different approach to the circumstances.

I hope you have a great day and perhaps we can close the matter and look forward to children, business, and our daily lives.

Thank You,
Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebroad (Post 1890663)
Yes Ed, I cannot read all that, I'm sorry. But I felt bullied, I could have handled it differently, and can use it as a learning experience. Have a good day! Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebroad (Post 1890682)
I am not going to re-hatch this. This will be a valuable learning experience. And I will use this to improve my hobby.

With my being new, and having resolved this. I ask that you move on. Don't use this forum of which I am new, and have your you and your colleagues attack. Do you know what that is called? It's called bullying. So let's please put this to rest. I wish you the best

Chris Davis

Quote:

Thank You,
Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebroad (Post 1890692)
I'm gonna take Theresa's advice and just walk away. I'm going to take the hi road. After progress, you are trying to restart the whole thing. That's not good. I won't do that. And you are the moderator? If you find satisfaction beating on someone who has taken responsibility for there actions, than I will leave that to you and your colleagues.

signing off

You reference bullying in the majority of you comments. I want you to quote directly where bullying has occurred. Asking questions is not bullying.

IMO, your constant assertion that you have been bullied, makes your apology hollow. Claiming members here are bullying you on Nick's behalf is absurd.

We ask questions to seek out the truth or whole story, to decide who is in the right or wrong.

If anyone was bullying, it was you. Making threats of violence ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou (Post 1890688)
Go ahead and say what you asked for concrete examples of if you like.

Chris, I think you do not understand bullying.

Some comments.

:iagree:

EdwardK 02-18-2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 1890689)
I received several emails from Chris Davis between the evening of 02/16 and the afternoon of 02/17. I was out most of the early part of the day on 02/17.

I was asked to evaluate some claims made by Mr. Davis about one of my moderators, and I requested evidence from him to support those claims. I viewed the evidence he provided me, checked records on this site that would support or refute his claims, and then sent him my opinions of the situation he brought to my attention. From what I can see from his replies in this thread, he has apparently accepted my evaluation of his claims being unwarranted and unsupported by any facts I can find. In one of my last emails I offered my suggestion to drop the escalating conflict and move on with his life.

Thank you.

Ed

Mistyck 02-18-2016 03:39 PM

Goodness, How old are you Chris? Because if you think that people asking questions and telling you "NO" is bullying, you might want to mature a little bit. That is something my 2 year old does when he is told no; "You're mean mommy."

Just because someone decides that they do not want to do business with you, and tell you no, does not mean that they are bullying you. It means they don't want to deal with you. And bringing the Owner of the site into this mess that YOU created doesn't mean that you were in the right. It means that you very obviously were trying to get Nick in trouble because you didn't get your way. Which is immature!

Nick; great job of explaining yourself; which is something you didn't even have to do to this person. I'd just block him, and any ways of communication that he might have had with you and walk away knowing that you were the mature person in this whole ordeal.

Mistyck 02-18-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebroad (Post 1890685)
Ed, this has gone on for a while. I am up because my 4 year old can't sleep. I can't help wonder why you are here at 2:00am trying to agg on something that is in the past.

What does "some comments" mean? Is that like the attack word? I took responsibility for my role, nothing new has occurred. Thank You, Chris

I just saw you have a 4 year old and yet you're acting like a child!

Just because someone does not agree with you and has a different opinion does NOT mean they are bullying you! It means they disagree with you.

It's not that hard of a concept to understand. You as a BUYER have no entitlement to any explanation from the seller as to why he no longer wants to do business with you, and you trying to Badger (or bully) him into doing business with you is uncalled for. So you can bully the seller, but he can't tell you "NO"... Interesting.

Quit feeling so entitled and learn to interact better in this community. You've been around for a lot longer than you say you have. At this point you should know how to interact with people better. Especially since you have children.

Dennis Hultman 02-18-2016 04:02 PM

In my opinion Rich's advise/post and Laura's is wise. I would take that advise at this point if I was a party in these situation.

However, that doesn't stop others from giving forth their opinions on what they believe has unfolded. When those opinions are shared it isn't mandate for those directly involved to continue but a expression of thought from others.

Sometimes it might be better to let things drop and move on and that might be the case here but I also have a opinion about what transpired and is posted and would like to add to the discussion with keeping my previous point in mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebroad View Post

signing off
Quote:

Thank You,
Chris Davis
Chris, yes there may be progress and you stated you wanted to take the "high road" and move on. I'm not going to dissect your statement here or assign a particular opinion if it is genuine. The readers will take it a face value or not. That's up to them individually. People are still going to have their opinions and may still wish to express them. That isn't starting it up again but people reading the information and freely expressing their thoughts.

I also see something in the conversations that I find curious. I also believe taking another shot "And you are the moderator? " Doesn't seem like you're satisfied with leaving his moderator status on this site out of it.

Nick is responding to you as a individual not a moderator. A individual who had issues with a transaction not in fulling his moderator duties here on this site.

Matter of fact, the email exchange shows that this transaction didn't happen on this site. You responded to a Ad on another site. You then came here and complained to the site owner about a transaction that wasn't even taking place here.

Suggesting
Quote:

Originally Posted by calebroad
I have a complaint about a moderator abusing his position for better deals, and using his moderator position for priviledge and the ability to grab good tortoise deals.

And you felt bullied?

Looking back at your posts before you responded to the ad on another site you had a smart ass comment about Nick after he made a moderating comment on a thread that didn't have anything to do with you. Then a couple of weeks later you respond to the ad somewhere else then came back to this site and whined about him abusing "his power" to the owner of this site?

The only other contact I can see is back in October when you received a infraction for off-topic posting. Every Moderator here could have given you the same infraction if they read the post.

I'm not sure what the motivation with all this was. I do personally find it somewhat troubling that Nick as a Moderator fulfilling his duties here issued a legitimate warning to you on this site. Made a statement on a BOI thread as Moderator to someone else and you made a snide comment about him. You then tried to do personal business with him on another site (Which has nothing to do with his Moderator status here) then came back to this site making outrages claims that he is abusing his so-called "power" here.

Now, I'm making these comments as a individual not trying to moderate this thread. You don't have to respond to my opinion and "continue this on" but I'm allowed to express my individual opinion about what I understand what transpired.

Your transaction had nothing to do with him being a Moderator here. I find it very weird that you would state you were the one bullied when you are the only one that took action to try and hurt someone. Making those accusations about "abuse of power" was ridiculous. In my opinion.