FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=525)
-   -   Blocked glottis on snake -any advice urgently welcome (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=640431)

richardhind1972 03-01-2018 04:25 AM

That’s good news then, fingers crossed

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

hotlips 03-01-2018 11:12 AM

Same here, sounds hopeful at least. Good job!

Helenthereef 03-02-2018 12:28 AM

I'm now away for 10 days - my partner will be checking and cleaning, but we won't be trying feeding again until I'm back. Just hoping he's still with us by then. I'd take him with me, but I'm not certain my hosts would approve....

hotlips 03-11-2018 07:17 PM

We're looking forward to your update, Helen, hoping he kept down his food & is doing O.K. or even better?

Helenthereef 03-12-2018 10:06 PM

Just back, he's still with us, has passed some urates, no changes otherwise. Now I need to chase up vet re Coccidia, and probably get another egg and vitamin feed down him.

hotlips 03-12-2018 10:16 PM

Well, at least there's hope, it could have been worse. Urates, well at least that part's working.

Insomniac101 03-13-2018 01:28 AM

I've tried to keep up on this thread, and when I think about replying, I get interrupted by something! Not that I have anything of value to share, just moral support! :)

Poor Samael! It sounds like you're doing everything you possibly can, with what's available in your area. Are you still waiting on some culture results from the mucus in his throat?

Anyway, trying to send healing vibes your way, and hope he comes around soon. The things we "animal people" do for our furry, feathered, and scaley kids!

Kathy

richardhind1972 03-13-2018 01:51 AM

Good luck Helen

Helenthereef 03-13-2018 03:09 AM

I really do appreciate the moral support from all of you, I'm quite isolated as a reptile keeper out here, and it is really helpful to be able to discuss things.

I've spent today basically cleaning up from my field trip, and tomorrow I'm heading down to the vet to chase up any results. The vet has (hopefully) done a faecal smear to determine whether Samael really does have Coccidia, and also whether my other snakes (Rifraf, Magenta, Constantine and Mazikeen) also have it as a systemic thing, or if it's just him.

The mucus swab went to the commercial farm animal lab for bacterial culture 7 weeks ago - no news when I left, but maybe I'll get lucky on this visit - these guys are responsible for all the cattle and goats in the country, so I don't suppose my snake is really a priority for them.

richardhind1972 03-13-2018 11:11 AM

Well fingers crossed you got some results back and can start work on getting samael on the mend once and for all