FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Chris and Melissa Faulkner (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652720)

mega1126 04-17-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Walker (Post 2070011)
Is this the ad in question?
Notice that you posted your phone number (blurred by me), exposed for both members and non-members viewing the site to see?
If I was a scammer, I simply see your phone number, call/text you, pretend to be Jeremy. You believe you are texting or talking to the real Jeremy Thompson, but you are not. The scammer simply assumes the name of person who was really selling the animal you wanted.

"very interested" = more susceptible to a scam.

I see what you’re saying. Big mistake on my part and lesson learned, but why did the ad disappear after I paid, if Jeremy didn’t take it down?

mega1126 04-17-2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Walker (Post 2070016)
Did this person send you pictures Megan?

They were in the ad he posted

Robert Walker 04-17-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mega1126 (Post 2070030)
why did the ad disappear after I paid, if Jeremy didn’t take it down?

Ad only disappeared because Jeremy removed his ad.
Why he removed it when he did, only he can answer that.
To that end, I sent him a Private Message asking him to comment here.

Only thing worse than a scammer who hurts buyers is a scammer who also drags innocent sellers into the mix as well, pitting an innocent buyer against an innocent seller.

mega1126 04-17-2018 04:01 PM

I definitely don’t want to hurt an innocent person’s reputation. It’s an eerie coincidence, though, that it disappeared immediately after payment.

Robert Walker 04-17-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mega1126 (Post 2069947)
but Melissa Faulkner was who the payment went to.

Megan
How did you send payment?
If PayPal, did you send it "Friends and Family"?
If PayPal, did you ask PayPal for a refund?
If PayPal, curious did you report the Melissa Faulkner account as a scam?

Robert Walker 04-17-2018 04:55 PM

Also Megan, did you text this person or talk them? If text, can you please post screen shots of the texts.

mega1126 04-17-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Walker (Post 2070048)
Megan
How did you send payment?
If PayPal, did you send it "Friends and Family"?
If PayPal, did you ask PayPal for a refund?
If PayPal, curious did you report the Melissa Faulkner account as a scam?

How did you find my reply to his ad? And, why hasn't he responded? He insisted I pay thru PayPal "friends and family" - said he'd give a discount. Obviously, there were a lot of red flags, in hind sight.

Robert Walker 04-17-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mega1126 (Post 2070097)
1. How did you find my reply to his ad?
2. And, why hasn't he responded?

1. Moderators can often access deleted content.
2. He will see the private message I sent him the next time he is back on Fauna. He hasn't logged in since I sent it earlier today.

JMTorts 04-18-2018 01:39 PM

Follow up.

I am not sure how my name got brought into this thread, but I was notified that it came up so here I am. I posted a Fl Boxie ad a few weeks back and sold all 4 animals to the first two people who contacted me about them, then took the ad down. Not sure if any more clarification is needed as I am not sure what the issue is.

Jeremy

mega1126 04-18-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMTorts (Post 2070211)
I am not sure how my name got brought into this thread, but I was notified that it came up so here I am. I posted a Fl Boxie ad a few weeks back and sold all 4 animals to the first two people who contacted me about them, then took the ad down. Not sure if any more clarification is needed as I am not sure what the issue is.

Jeremy

I guess your name got brought up because I was scammed by your ad and after payment was posted, the ad was removed immediately. Never marked as sold, just removed. I very naively posted my phone number, but I only received a response from one person claiming to be you. I’m also wondering why I never received a response that they were already sold. Is it possible for another person to steal your ad?.